• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

River Song

Explorer
"Unfortunately there are very few studies on this area and very little is known about what may have predated the settlement here." Thren paused a moment, "Some investigation may yield some unforeseen gimlet of information that could illuminate the situation and also indicate who or what built the mansion."

He smiled warmly about the room, "After...can ...cat ...get?"

Thateous

Explorer
Lenny's head turns sideways as he eye's Thren, but then he realizes he has more important matters than figuring the man out, so he leads the party from the wall and through the various workshops. A few of the new arrivals were being shown around their new home as well. He introduces you to a few people but the most important pair was Bren, the resident smith, and Tink, the resident engineer. As you approach their conjoined workshop a loud boom followed by a puff of smoke in the smaller of the two conjoined buildings catches your attention.

A little gnome tumbles out the door covered in soot. "The formula still isn't right!" he exclaims. Several colonists poke their heads out but quickly return to their own business. Clearly, this is commonplace to them. Lenny approaches Tink and clears his throat in an attempt to stop the gnome who is now publicly berating himself. When he finally notices you all, Tink stands up and makes some poor attempt at patting himself clean before attempting to shake your hands. Lenny explains your purpose here and that's when Tink's eyes go wide. "Hey does that mean I can use these guys?" he asks Lenny, smiling ear to ear. Lenny holds his hand up, "Tink these people are here to explore these lands, not to act as your personal errand boys. Perhaps if you tell them what you need they can keep an eye out for it." Tink's smile fades as Lenny spoke but quickly returned with the last sentence. He looks to you guys, his smile unwavering.

"As I understand it, they assume it being haunted simply because their animal companions refuse to approach. Nobody actually saw anything." Luthor answers while Lenny talks to the tainted elf.
"We can investigate, both for the safety of the colonists and for Ramas interest."

OOC: Who do you call tainted, you water dilluted lout!? :)
I actually quite like "tainted elf" - I never thought about tieflings in terms of their "base" race...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Jamestown Colony
Afternoon
Round 0

Arjhan eyed the little gnome that tumbled out of the smoking building. “What are you trying to make?” he asked curiously.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 27/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (Barkskin) 11 (unarmored)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (4/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (2/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
Tink's eyes sparkled at Arjhan's question. "I'm trying to make an explosive powder," he says looking over his shoulder before continuing,"One more stable than that. Imagine the potential applications, both offensively and defensively." Tink rambles on for a bit before Lenny clears his throat again to bring the little gnome back to reality. "Oh right, well we can discuss any potential services you could provide later, let me show you my better half. She does all the real work." he exlaims as he leads you to the other side of the building. The side not smoking...

"Poppy!" Tink yells as he kicks in the door. A very stout gnome stands over an anvil shapping a piece of metal. The gnome stopped and raised their tented visor revealing a women. As she removed the sweat and soot from her brow with a nearby rag her face is revealed to be surprisingly beautiful, although an extreme contrast alongside her muscular body.

Tink rushes to embrace his love and is caught mid charge by the women who easily lifts her man off ground and plants a big kiss on his cheek before putting him back down. She walks over to you all, removing her gloves and setting them on a work bench as she approaches. With an outstretched hand she introduces herself, "Names Poppy, nice to meet yall."

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Jamestown Colony
Afternoon
Round 0

“Explosive powder?” Arjhan asked, raising an eyebrow ridge. “We have something like that back home in the Dragon Empires. We call it dragon powder. I know a few parts of the process to create it, but not the entirety.”

The dragonborn cleric followed the gnome to the blacksmith shop where Tink’s wife Poppy was working. “A pleasure to meet you, as well, Miss Poppy,” Arjhan said with a bow.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 27/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (Barkskin) 11 (unarmored)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (4/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (2/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Luthor shakes his head.
"Why would you want something so dangerous in any quantity? I can see the use for digging, destroying things or propelling things...but the risk of accumulated quantity..."

As the alchemist leads them around
"If you tell us what you need, we MAY be able to get some, but understand that it will not be a priority."

After the hug ends, he takes strong hand of ironsmithing woman and bows slightly over it.
"Nice to meet you, Poppy. I'm Luthor Stormcaller."

"Charmed. I'm Tarukka." Tiefling looks amusedly at the sooty pair. He picks up barely cooled piece of iron trying to see what she's making.

Thateous

Explorer
1st day of Flamerule
Afternoon
Jamestown

"Hey wait that things still... hot." the words trailing off into a whisper as Tarukka examines the metal bracket Poppy was bending into shape. She lets out a whistle before saying, "I sure wish I could do that, you gotta teach me that trick someday feller." she sits down after shaking your hands and opens up a ledger on her workbench. "Sure glad you boys made it here with the ship in one piece, I was just starting to run out of materials. I sent the hunters off to find me a cave we can mine for materials. They said they saw something promising yesterday and would investigate it further today. Fingers crossed some good news. If'n we find a mine and you need anything made just let me know. I got a good eye for sizen people up so, at this point it's just a matter of finding the time and prioritizing the needs of the colony." she looks to Lenny before saying, "Where are they off to next Len?" Lenny jumps at the mention of his name, dropping a coil he was fidgeting with. "Oh uh, to see Mr. Zircon. He should be done with his meeting by now. Is there anything you all have for the couple before we head off?" he says to the group.

Remove ads