D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Why is everyone so hellbent on killing each other? Ramas lets out a huge sigh he has realized the only way he can save lives is by taking from other's its not right.
Ramas shuts his eyes and once again raises a timber before flicking his wrist and launching it at the captain again.

[/ooc]the captain must make a sexts save vs 14 if he fails he takes 3d8. If he saves the next guy goes and so on for the next 90ft or the object hits something[/ooc]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Luthor: Two hits vs ACs 17 & 19 for 5 & 6 damage respectively.

OOC:
hit vs 17 misses (Luthor has AC 18), as for second one:
Reaction on hit: Wrath of the Storm vs Captain (Dex save DC 14 for half): 2D8 = [6, 7] = 13

By RAW, this shouldn't end Sactuary effect as it is not attack nor spell...but if DM rules differently, I totally agree.
I will wait with my full round action, to see if captain gets killed or disabled by this lightning or that poltergeist spell.

As the second attack penetrates both Luthors spiritual and physical defenses, he reacts as his armor crumples and great surge of lightning blasts through the sword and into the pirate. He manages to hear something from lower deck and yells back.

"This is no time for pacifism. They are trying to kill us! This is self-defense, not peace negotiation. Fight first, offer surrender once we win! High seas are no place for the meek!"

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
The Pirate Captain dodges the reaction to his attack, but is still singed and standing with enough energy to side-step the incoming debris. The pirate behind him was not so fortunate.

Jago

Explorer
Tarukka saw stars upon the pirate's hit connecting, his shield too slow to block the cut. It crashed into his collarbone, cracking into his armor, the chain and its padding doing little to dissuade the force of the blow. He screamed in pain, feeling his shoulder go limp for a moment before adrenaline rushed in to stave off the pain.

In anger, the Tiefling lashed out with his axe, swinging wildly to hewer the person whom had damaged him so savagely. The pain bled back into the blinding rage of his wild elven upbringing, encouraging him to forsake all else but the fight.

[sblock=Actions]Move - None
Bonus - None
Action - Attack Pirate that hit me
Attack Roll - [roll0] + Bless: [roll1]
Damage Roll - [roll2][/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]HP - 3/11
AC - 18 (Shield)

Saves
Str: +1 Dex: +1 Con: +1 Int: +3 Wis: +3 Cha: +4[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
At sea
Morning
Round 4

Arjhan had downed many of the pirates, but many were still left. The others were holding their own, however, so he remained on the stairs behind Tarukka.

“Steady on, my friend,” he assured the paladin. Then he extended his hand toward the pirate captain again and called down the blazing light of the gods upon the evildoer once more.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action: Cast Sacred Flame. Pirate Captain needs to beat a DC 13 Dex save
Sacred flame radiant damage: 1D8 = [3] = 3
Concentration: Bless
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 11/11
AC: 16
Breath weapon*
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (1/2): Animal Friendship (Domain), Speak with Animals (Domain), Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Still too many of you, pirates. Do you want another taste of High Captains power!? Surrender, before it is too late!"

Raising his shield slightly, Luthor focuses on defending against attacks that pass through his gods sanctuary.
"This is first and last time I will ask." after barely a moments pause to see if anyone takes it he shrugs
"Nah, you're pirates, you die!"

Forsaking his defenses, he opens up, slashing at the captain of the pirates.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: N/A
Bonus: N/A
Action: Attack vs pirate captain; damage: 1D20+6+1D4 = [12]+6+[4] = 22
1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9

[/sblock]

OOC: had an idea to keep sanctuary up and Dodge...but doesn't help resolve this and only keeps captain blocked since the pirate next to Luthor will simply change targets. Burning my last spell for another thunder wave...I couldn't clear the area because our fighter got mixed up. So, slug fest it is! We could use more ranged support or one lucky hit will take anyone of us out. So, those of you still at range, help! The Captain took plenty damage and now 9 more so maybe we can get this done quickly?

River Song

Explorer

"Cat and mouse, mouse and cat,
which is which? I don't know that!"
Thren hums to himself as he attacks again.

[sblock=actions]

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: got lost somewhere along here think I took my action this round, or did i? Either way firebolt to hit [roll0] damage[roll1]

Ramas takes steady aim to not hit his allies before unleashing a torrent of flame towards the pirate captain.

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
Time seems to stand still as the Pirate Captain dodges left and right. The fury of the storm lashes at him, but he dodges. A flung plank attempts to impale him, but he dodges. A ray of light from above seeks retribution for his numerous sins. Again he dodges, but his footing is awkward, the deck is wet, the ship rocks against the ebe and flow of the ocean, debris is everywhere, and his luck just ran out. As he side steps his boot catches awkwardly on some rope just as Luthor strikes! He attempts to parry, but the strike is too true as it catches his open midsection cutting him deep. The Pirate Captain drops his cutlass and dagger and futily attempts to keep his stomach closed as his life blood spills all over the deck. The other pirates look in shock and disbelief as their Captain keels over on the deck. Two pirates immediately drop their arms and throw their hands up as the remaining three dash for the rails prefering to take their chances with the sea.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases