A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Asterion, still wearing his heavy plate armor, grasps at the railing along the edge of the deck. He howls at the sky.

"I'd rather die at the bottom of the sea than live without my master's armor! Come and take us!"

[sblock=ooc vv]
Oh, goodness. Sorry, VV. The die roller is a bit wonky. If you like, you can just take my first 3 rolls. Those were the ones I meant to make. Thanks!

trained +5, str +4, chizz rope +2, plate armor -2[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn does his best to keep his footing and keep the ship turned into the swells, cursing at the weather. Seeing Asterion having trouble he reaches to help keep him from going over the side.

[sblock=Rolls]Athletics Rolls (1d20+15=26, 1d20+15=22, 1d20+15=19, 1d20+11=20) Last roll is the Aid Another for Asterion
[/sblock]

Harwick-1.png
Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet

Pyrex

First Post
Doing his best to keep his footing, Lochlan shouts a word of warning to Asterion before a loose line can trip him up "Asterion! You're about to get snagged, watch your feet!"

OOC: Three athletics checks at +13, then Perception at +11 to Aid Asterion.

Edit: Result of the 3rd Athletics check should be 26. Somehow I hit -13 instead of +13. And sadly, it looks like my warning for Asterion was a moment too late.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Taran and Cliff are battered by the winds and the bucking ship, and thrown off board, over Chizz's safety line! Even the help of their comrades couldn't prevent the grim event. They both hit the salty water, and feel the cold bite of the sea. Luckily, the bright colors of the rags Chizz set up, helps his comrades to spot them from the ship.
Asterion is warned with enough time, and firmly grips his rope. However, he and Kaedyn are thrown against the contention line at the edge of the ship.

Chizz and Lochlan remain well secured and sure footed in the storm.

If Taran and Cliff are to survive, they'll have to swim back to the ship, which might prove tricky. However, their partners overboard can assist them. Somehow...

Asterion and Kaedyn are entangled in the mess of rope and will need to get themselves free before being able to help their friends.

Guiseppe+RICCETTIT.+T%C3%ADtulo+%60Na%C3%BAfrago%60Acrilico+%26+T%C3%A9cnica+mixta.20+cm+x+27cm..jpg

[sblock=The storm]

Cliff and Taran must make swimming checks to get to the ship. They can be aided by Chizz and Lochlan. Also, a successful Nature check or Insight check will reduce the DC. Each round in the waters reduces 1 healing surge. If your healing surges run out, you run out, and start loosing Constitution points, 2 per round. You imagine what happens if you run out of those.
Kaedyn and Asterion (having failed one check) are entangled by the ropes, they need to take a full round action to break free. A successful thievery check can get you out of the mess quicker. They can also be aided by Chizz or Lochlan. If they are aided and succeed, they can help Cliff and Taran, however, the ones that aided them take a -2 in the aid check to Cliff and Taran, whether or not they succeed at aiding Asterion or Kaedyn.

Any questions? Creative solutions are encouraged, so squish those grey cells!

[/sblock]

Asterion shouts to his allies.

"Help the ones in the water! I'll be fine!"

With that, he begins to disentangle himself from the web of tightly knotted, wet ropes. One knot snags on the corner of his plated armor, and he has to spend an extra moment removing the knot from the joint of his shoulder.

Once free, he prepares to cast a runic spell on one of his allies in the water in an attempt to bolster their spirits.

[sblock=Actions]Full round -> disentangle.

Next round, Asterion will try to aid them with magic or skills.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
As Cliff hit the cold water, he feels his body go numb. Quickly, he got the feeling he won't be able to live through that storm. He has died so many time that he doesn't really fear to die one more time. He starts to grin... he had never drown before, or at least, none of the memories he had had shown him to die by drowning.

He starts to swim back to the ship, answering the urge he feels for his survival, but the storm is too string for himself.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Insight; Athletics (1d20+13=22, 1d20+8=12)[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Taran in the water... just a note. He is a DRUID. He should Wild Shape into Shark/Dolphin and he will be fine. He could even come to my help :p [/SBLOCK]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz realizes that Cliff is floundering and will probably not make it to a safety line. He grabs a line and dives in to deliver it!

ATHLETICS to swim to Cliff, with +2 for the line and fishing float.

Durlak

First Post
[sblock=OCC]Hey Valmont, great Idea :) [/sblock]

Taran fills like a thousand needles piercing through his skin. The cold water feels like is burning. He shift his form into a dolphin! The ackin on his skin stops and he swims toward cliff to help him.

Remove ads