• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General A paladin just joined the group. I'm a necromancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iry

Hero
Then by all means, the new comer, the Paladin, would either try to redeem the necromancer into not using undead or he would slay the necromancer so that this evil heart does not grow into an uncontrollable evil.
The necromancer could roll REALLY well to convince the paladin that it's okay.

Weiley31

Legend
The necromancer could roll REALLY well to convince the paladin that it's okay.
Necromancer: I rolled a Nat 1..
Paladin: That roll for sure ended up quite dead.

Necromancer casts Animate Dead on dice and scores a Nat 20 on the roll.

DM: WHY DO I PLAY WITH YOU GUYS?!?!?!??

Reactions: Iry

Iry

Hero
If both are PCs there isn't a roll to persuade. Players get to decide for their PCs.
A roll can be used to describe the quality or passion of the argument. A player might roleplay differently to a compelling argument than a poor one.

Never will a roll decides on the actions of player unless it is a charm or a magical compulsion of some kind. Everything between players are settle not with dice (unless there is combat) but by discussion. Doing anything else is unthinkable. I mean... you could theoretically but not at my table. Never.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
A roll can be used to describe the quality or passion of the argument. A player might roleplay differently to a compelling argument than a poor one.
That's true enough. Personally, I prefer my players to come up with arguments on their own to present to other players and then decide for themselves, but I can see it being done that way.

Reactions: Iry

Weiley31

Legend
Awesome. I can't wait to let my players know that the bad guys can now persuade them to jump off of cliffs if they roll well enough. :)
Sucks for the badguys that the PCs got THE MASTER PLAN like Hannibal from the A-Team.

I have no idea where one of them got the cigar from though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads