• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General A paladin just joined the group. I'm a necromancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiley31

Legend
Not against an other player. No way! Not at any table worth its salt.
My one Warlock character is a jerk "Magnificent Bastard" who pretty much did a deception roll against the party as he is looking for some stooges while trying to complete his goal.

No really he's that BIG of a douche.

Deception to lie to your team mates (hiding your motives) is acceptable. But you will never force a player to act on a persuasion roll. Never. Your deception roll might work. But it will be up to the player to act as he sees fit.

I could force him to ignore what your roll was about (hiding your motive) but the action itself would and will be decided by the player. Not the result of your roll.

That I agree. But it will never force a player to act out of his character no matter how good the roll was. NPCs on the other hand are fair game.

Yeah... It was gnawing at me. The: "Do android dream of Electric sheep" became the Blade Runner movie. I bow my head in shame for my mistake...

But Robot dreams is a really good novel by Aasimov. You should read it!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads