A problem with the miniatures industry.

Jadeite

Explorer
Their are usually two motivitations for creating a certain miniature (or any other piece of art): a desire to create it and getting paid for creating it. So, either find an artist that is willing to create what you want or start modelling yourself. Create a Kickstarter for stl files, printed minis or both. If you are afraid of being unable to fulfill too many orders, make it a limited run.
If you are succesful, you can propose your idea to a manufacturer like Reaper or WizKids, being able to present actual demand instead of hypothetical one.

5atbu

Explorer
I agree that people would like minis that represent their demographic. People of colour and sensible women were missing from my fantasy minis box.

However.. this is fantasy, and I wanted to be able to offer minis to anyone to play "anyone".

I want to play a black female halfling with hob-nail boots..

Jadeite

Explorer
I agree that people would like minis that represent their demographic. People of colour and sensible women were missing from my fantasy minis box.

However.. this is fantasy, and I wanted to be able to offer minis to anyone to play "anyone".

I want to play a black female halfling with hob-nail boots..
You're in luck, desktophero3d and HeroForge is offering exactly that and resin has gotten quite affordable. Some health hazards remain, but there are also print services.

5atbu

Explorer
28mm Realm of the dragon #3
these five high quality miniatures are our night hunters, a group of highly skilled women whose calling is to hunt down and destroy the dark creatures of the night, vampires,demons witches are all in there sights. each figure has been designed in house by sarah wills who also brought you our maidens of the dragon set, we decided at the start that wont be offering scantily clad female miniatures and sarah has done a wonderful job with the overall design and concept of these miniatures.

Advertisement