A Question of Thread Crapping

Hussar

Legend
Exactly how much thread crapping is allowed? That's mega-thread on the OneD&D forum about casters vs martial had some really productive conversations, squeezed in between a dozen pages of people thread crapping endlessly.

Look, I get that a light touch is best, but, come on here. How many times is someone allowed to sea lion and ask exactly the same question over and over again before getting booted from a thread.

I'm just kinda wondering what the policy here is about this. Because it seems that every time certain topics get brought up, it's the same song and dance every time - a page or two of productive answers, followed by fifteen pages of someone endlessly threadcrapping.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Exactly how much thread crapping is allowed? That's mega-thread on the OneD&D forum about casters vs martial had some really productive conversations, squeezed in between a dozen pages of people thread crapping endlessly.

There is a tendency for folks in a discussion to have a different thoughts on "threadcrapping" than moderators looking from outside the conversation.

From within the conversation, threadcrapping as reported is usually "things I don't want to see in the thread". But there are many valid branches of conversation that some folks don't want to see, so moderators have to have a more narrow view of what is actionable threadcrap.

Look, I get that a light touch is best, but, come on here. How many times is someone allowed to sea lion and ask exactly the same question over and over again before getting booted from a thread.

If you really want to exclude some questions, make a (+) thread, where "on-topic" can be more closely defined.

I'm just kinda wondering what the policy here is about this. Because it seems that every time certain topics get brought up, it's the same song and dance every time - a page or two of productive answers, followed by fifteen pages of someone endlessly threadcrapping.

We have a block/ignore feature. If you don't want to see someone's content, you don't have to.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The answer is 7.2.

More seriously… it's case by case. We can’t give you an answer to that question.

As always if you really think there’s a problem, you have two tools — the report feature, and we’ll take a look, but can’t promise we agree with you— and the ignore function.

But there’s no ‘definition’ of threadcrapoing or a number we can give you. Like many things, it’s subjective.

Remove ads