• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) A "Quick" Character Generation Sheet

coolAlias

Explorer
I process things very slowly, especially reading over and selecting spells for example.
Spells definitely slow things down, especially if you aren't very familiar with at least the most common low level ones.

If you're newer to the game and want to speed up the character generation time, one thing that helps me is getting a stack of 3x5 or 5x7 index cards and transcribing the spells that I end up choosing for my characters.

Not only does it help me remember what they do better next time I'm creating a character, but now I also have a handy spell card to reference during play so I don't have to pull out the old reference book! ;)

I applaud the concept but IMO a character sheet shouldn't be more than two pages. I understand you have a lot of space for notes, but personally I don't want to have a booklet for my character.

I am sure you'll find others more positive, so I'll leave it at that and wish you luck on any revisions, etc. and feedback you get. :)
If I could reduce the character concept to a single monster-style stat-block, even better.

Use the index card with statblock for most encounters, consult the character sheet if something unusual comes up.

Giauz

Explorer
If I could reduce the character concept to a single monster-style stat-block, even better.

Use the index card with statblock for most encounters, consult the character sheet if something unusual comes up.
The "index card" style was sort of what I was going for. Few times does one have to open the packet. Most times all the info you need is on the front or the back of the packet. Combat is an exception as you'll want to look at your inventory of weapons and spell components.

The "index card" style was sort of what I was going for. Few times does one have to open the packet. Most times all the info you need is on the front or the back of the packet. Combat is an exception as you'll want to look at your inventory of weapons and spell components.
A monster statblock includes the most likely combat actions.

Pick top three weapons/cantrips

Then pick three special/spell attacks. Most of the time this is enough.

Maybe a final four miscellaneous, if necessary.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin

That was the direction I was originally going for a couple iterations ago. The problem is most PCs, especially at tier 3 and 4, have too many features to make it work well.

Here is one of the earlier "stat-block" character sheets:
1598352816609.png

Giauz

Explorer
I submit to you my "BITEsize Char'gen" character template based on the D&D 5e Player's Handbook. I hope this and you guys' submissions will help inspire a more robust character template for A5e!

Attachments

• D&D5e Bitesize Char'gen.pdf
    67.5 KB · Views: 163

R_J_K75

Legend
I made it a form-fillable PDF but even if you print it there is good space for everything IMO.

I prefer a form fillable character sheet, which would be nice if when the project is released would be available as a download. I like to keep copies of my players character sheets and many times when I'm reviewing them for whatever reason, usually I cant read peoples handwriting. Further most times players cant even read their own handwriting when they're looking for something at the table. I find a form fillable .pdf solves this problem.

DadsFunHobby

Villager
I've been working on this one for a while. You can print it or use it on a large screen. It's landscape view like some of the others on here, in order to reduce the need to scroll around.

www.dadsfunhobby.com (I keep the site pointing to my latest iteration.)

It has dice rolling built in. Fully handles dual class, plus a bunch of other features.

Love to hear what you think.
DFH

Attachments

• DADS Fun Hobby Character Sheet-Example.JPG
    DADS Fun Hobby Character Sheet-Example.JPG
    373 KB · Views: 115

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I've been working on this one for a while. You can print it or use it on a large screen. It's landscape view like some of the others on here, in order to reduce the need to scroll around.

www.dadsfunhobby.com (I keep the site pointing to my latest iteration.)

It has dice rolling built in. Fully handles dual class, plus a bunch of other features.

Love to hear what you think.
DFH
This doesn't seem to be relevant to Level Up 5e, as it doesn't have various classes and subclasses described within the playtest docs

Remove ads