• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

BigB

First Post
ooc: I will edit post later

[sblock= Verrick] You detect no intent to harm you although they were very clear that they will resort to violence if they think you are trying to get information about their ship or crewmates. You have moved to the end of the alley with the 2 sailors and are now facing the door.[/sblock]

Attachments

• snooty pig and immediate surrounding.jpg
    snooty pig and immediate surrounding.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 124

BigB

First Post
Realizing his hiding is a moot point now Ray grabs Pinkie's crossbow off his back and tosses it to her (Ranged Attack to get it there = 23) he likewise takes out his own...ooc: Yeah I am ok with that. Ray will then take a 5' step to get out of the way of the door.

Snatching the crossbow out of the air...(Melee attack = 17) as she steps through the doorway and off to the side she makes the exchange of the weapon between the two of them an impressive site for any onlookers - almost choreographed! It would seem to all present that these two have worked together for some time.

Thanks! I think I might need that now!

Pinkie scans the area for threats, seeing the man running toward the fight she ready's an action to attack. She will delay her action till the 1st count of the following round so that she will be first to act.

Phoenix pushes off the wall she was standing against as the two men tumble out of the Snooty Pig's doorway. Igniting her mind blade, Phoenix begins moving over to the two men on the ground, trying to figure out who is who and what to do next. Seeing two of the streetwalkers running in this direction, she modifies her course to get beside the two fighting on the ground, but between them and the oncoming two from the street. "Stay outa this you two, if ya know what's good for ya!" she yells as the two from the street approach.

Lookspring perks his ears up and grins widely at the sight of the brawl in the street. At last! Something fun! He quickly unslings his bow and takes aim on the people wrestling in the street. He suddenly sees the other two people moving to interfere with the fight and changes his target. He quickly fires off two arrows into the ground in front of them to frighten them away.

The two men stop and one pulls out a horn and gives a quick blast. The other adrresses all in the area “Stand down in the name of the city watch. To oppose us is a crime.” The two slowly move forward readying short swords and shields. They are not engaging anyone but keeping a watch all around; slowly moving toward Phoenix just out of melee (approximately 10' away).

Uggla is struggling to gain his feet and the angry sailor is lying still.

[sblock=Verrick]

Verrick pauses for a moment. Because of his own nervousness and fear, he has tried to watch carefully his companion's mood. The change from amusement to seriousness over such a trivial matter gives him pause.

I am sorry that I touched upon a matter that is uncomfortable for you. Let us enter. This looks like a place where one can avoid unnecessary excitement. Bluff(1d20+1=9)

Velter and Omar give Verrick a quizzical look and Omar responds: If this place is not adequate perhaps we shall take your gold and give you leave right now. They make no move against Verrick but wait for a reply. You see the building is just such a dive as they explained. Velter had opened the door for an instant but then stopped and faced Verrick.

Ooc: they somehow see through your bluff :eek:

[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Hissing through his teeth at the armed men, Lookspring pulls another two arrows from his quiver. He licks a frayed feather end and sets the first against the side of his bow. He eyes the two men and looks for any official insignias, or colors signifying they really are watchmen. Even if they are watchmen... who cares. No one is coming between me and my reward.

[SBLOCK]
If the men claiming to be watchmen try to take Uggla, or Phoenix, he'll use rapid shot. +4 (+5 if within 30'), 1d6+1 dmg.
[/SBLOCK]

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick and the Dog

Sorry, I meant let's go inside.

Verrick follows the sailors into the Fleabitten Dog.

[sblock=OOC: BigB]I am impressed.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix breaks into a smile... "Thank the gods, it's the City Watch! Ray, tell them about the fight those people inside started before they get away. I'll get our friend here up and check if he's okay.", Phoenix says while turning from the guards to help stand Uggla up and see if she can walk him away from here with him quickly before the guards question her more.

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Noticing its Ray's dagger in the mans back and that there are likely some rather uncorroborative witnesses inside, that and Ray can't talk his way outof anything - fight his way out sure - talk...not so much!

Pinkie sounds off immediately....

<putting on her most innocent of faces>

She's right sir, that man there <pointing> - the one with a knife in his back attacked me and my friend here <trying to help Phoenix get Uggla on his feet rather pathetically to draw sympathy> while we were leaving.

I don't eva know why good gentlemen, I am right frightened of all this...

Could we please just go....I need to get home my Momma will be worried something terrible (remembering she had the crossbow in hand).......

Oh...heh-heh, I don't know what I'd have done with this thing..... thank you though good fellow handing it back to Ray

If it had not been for my Brother who was waiting outside for me here by the door and his friends I don't think it would have gone well...did they call you?

I sure am glad the city has fine men like you and your partner around...

Oh and you know what....I won't even get a chance to thank the man who broke it up either...I believe that's his knife in that man's back, he left out the back of the Tavern...probably a man with a past or something...back taxes or somesuch...

He was a little person like my brother and I too, I bet Momma would have treated him to a fine diner for his trouble.

Anyway, would it bee too much trouble for us to go considering the situation? A girl can't be out too late nowdays.

Bluff 26

Last edited:

DerHauptman

First Post
Ray listens to his partner and revels in he ability to spin a tale - so many nuances, pity, helplessness, victim-hood, fear, even the MOM card was a nice touch....

It was one of her best without a doubt (OOC: yea! Nat 20) but there are a lot of uncontrolled variables in there - namely Uggla and the man with Ray's dagger in his back.

Thanks for coming we were afraid we'd have to handle this ourselves but since you are here....

Ray had killed an official before to get a contract done but he didn't relish the idea in a city such as this. Likely they'd have access to all the typical forensic techniques he'd seen in court - spells like zone of truth and the speak with dead thing is a sure thing if he knows our names - and thanks to Red, they knew his....

Changing a name is easy enough but disguises are not cheap and he's no expert there....

He goes over in his mind how he and Pinkie are going to get out of town fast if they do have to kill some watchmen. It'd be too bad as well cause they'd only just arrived.

BigB

First Post
[sblock=Verrick] You apologize to the two sailors and they nod and enter the run down establishment with very little light. Verrick follows the sailors into the Fleabitten Dog. They find seating at a table in a corner and the two sailors take positions with their backs against the wall leaving Verrick with his back to the crowd. A Barmaid brings a pitcher of mead to the table with 3 wooden mugs. Now for celebrating the life at sea! The first sailor gets right into a story of some past voyage. There we were with enemy shipps surrounding us...[/sblock]

[sblock=Lookspring] It is difficult to tell but the two appear to have insignia on their shields that would indicate city watch.[/sblock]

The two self-proclaimed officers of the watch, after listening to Pinkie’s very convincing oration seem to relax a bit.

It seems you have been through enough. Take your friend to get him some help and some rest. It seems he has had enough drink for the night. We shall let these arrows pass, but do not presume to threaten the watch again or we shall take appropriate actions in response.

The second watch officer runs off to the back side of the tavern to look for signs of the dagger owner. The watch officer whom had been speaking moves to look at the non-moving body in the street. Does anyone know the identity of this man?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads