• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick loses his head

[sblock=OOC]OOC: Mechanicly, what happened to Verrick? I mean what is his condition? Did he fail a saving throw? If necessary Verrick can expend a power point to either add +4 to his saving throws, or reduce by 2 any damage he is about to take.

What about the sailors? Did they drink, or did they merely pour out their drinks?
[/sblock]

Woah. What is this? Verrick exclaims. He realizes that the drink was more than he expected. He definately does not need to act. He feels the growing need to leave as soon as he can.

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
[sblock=OOC]OOC: Mechanicly, what happened to Verrick? I mean what is his condition? Did he fail a saving throw? If necessary Verrick can expend a power point to either add +4 to his saving throws, or reduce by 2 any damage he is about to take.

What about the sailors? Did they drink, or did they merely pour out their drinks?
[/sblock]

Woah. What is this? Verrick exclaims. He realizes that the drink was more than he expected. He definately does not need to act. He feels the growing need to leave as soon as he can.

[sblock= LiquidBlue ooc] Verrick failed a saving throw for the drink as it is very potent stuff. The sailors are used to it. Verrick will lose a few minutes time(and only a few and he should still be able to meet up with Lookspring whom is looking for him) but other than being stuck paying for drinks as the two leave no harm will come to him. Actually he has effectively taken out 2 potentially dangerous adversaries without a fight :lol: I apologize, I should have read more thoroughly Verricks character sheet when I rolled for his save. Yes he can spend a power point to clear his head.[/sblock]

Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick takes his leave

I guess I don't have a sailor's head on my shoulders. Thank you gentlemen for your stories and comadrie; unfortunately I believe that I must now take my leave while I can still walk in a straight line. Next time you are in port, ask for Jonas at the Snooty Pig, and we will share more stories and entertainment.

After receiving leave from the sailors, Verrick pays for their drinks, and leaves through the door from which they entered.

OOC: Thanks BigB. I was getting really paranoid for Verrick, and in character Verrick was really uncomfortable with his situation. Even though humans are his favored enemy, he still has trouble picking up unspoken cues. Thus throughout this encounter he has not been entirely sure that these potential murderers, as described by his employer, were not trying to cause him harm

It seems a waste to expend a power point on something that ultimately will not do him any harm, or put him at a disadvantage, but given Verrick's rather frightened state at the time, I believe that in character Verrick would have spent the power point to resist the effects of the drink.

Power Point Reserve: 1

SelcSilverhand

First Post
BigB said:
[sblock=Lookspring] As you come around the side of the building you hear Halt who goes there by order of the city watch! You see many tracks at the back of the snooty pig but no sign of Verrick or where he has gotten to.[/sblock]

Lookspring stops short and looks up at the person addressing him. "Who goes there? I go here. I'm looking for someone, a man person, he be's coming back here to "shake the dew off the lily" though I sees no plant life here. Humans are being very odd yes? I saw a fight in the street and I be thinking I would check on him. He be's clumsy at times." He bares his teeth in his best imitation of a human smile.

BigB

First Post
SelcSilverhand said:
Lookspring stops short and looks up at the person addressing him. "Who goes there? I go here. I'm looking for someone, a man person, he be's coming back here to "shake the dew off the lily" though I sees no plant life here. Humans are being very odd yes? I saw a fight in the street and I be thinking I would check on him. He be's clumsy at times." He bares his teeth in his best imitation of a human smile.

[sblock=Lookspring]Perhaps your man thing is lying in the street face down. I am looking for a small being who has stabbed this man thing and fled out the back of the tavern. Perhaps I should take you in for interrogation.

Listening to this officer of the watch, you do not get the impression he is the brightest watch officer in the city.[/sblock]

[sblock= Verrick] The two sailors salute you and say til next time. Then Omar asks You gonna drink that? No? Ok. He then picks up whats left in your pitcher and downs it.

You exit the flea bitten dog and start down the alley to the snooty pig. Near the end of the alley you can see a human talking with a smaller figure and they seem to be disagreeing.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Ray, Pinkie, Phoenix and barely conscious Uggla move together one block south to the point indicated that Ray will separate from the group.

Ray, Pinkie, Phoenix spot check DC 18

[sblock= Lookspring] You are amazed this halfwit could think you were the one to stab the man. How do you deal with him? bluff, violence, run, or something else? [/sblock]

[sblock= Verrick] You believe the smaller figure arguing with the human may be one of your group members. (ooc: waiting to see how that is being handled then I will post more for you) [/sblock]

ooc: for the main groups movements I will use the map DerHauptman posted unless an occasion arises where more detail is needed. I am going on the assumption that Ray will shadow the rest one block over to stay with them.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Stab? I be not stabbing anyone! I have bow, see? Watch-man on the street saw me and says to move along so I move. I be just looking for lost comrade."

BigB

First Post
[sblock= Verrick] As you get closer you see it is indeed Lookspring and he seems to be disagreeing with something the human is saying. You are now approximately 50 ft away from the two. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads