• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=DM]A lot of good it did! Ezren is still alive and kicking. Now someone has to waste another turn to finish him off. Anyway, I'll wait to see if Dorn finishes off Ezren with one of his area attacks.

Hmm, I wonder if it would make sense at all for me to multiclass into barbarian. Jax apparently likes going into kobold frenzies.[/sblock]
Jax lies on the ground dazed for a few moments as bolts and magical missiles fly overhead. He slowly regains the use of his faculties.

Uh oh... I just charged into a band of enemies again, didn't I? I need to stop doing that!

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn picks himself off the ground (Stand) and surveys the battlefield. Lightning shoots from his fingers as he attempts to put down one of the halflings, but only a nearby wall is damaged (Lightning Strike misses).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 3
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
HP 32/32 Bloodied 16 Surge Value 8, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +8
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Fire (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Ice Javelins
USED Deep Shroud
Deathstalker Dagger
Repulsion Leather Armor

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

duhexenhase

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
My bad. I haven't been paying much attention to the status of the new wiki. Where is it so I can put Meepo on it, and get everyone's BA.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
The healing from Ingot's radiant blessing instantly snaps Jax out of his reverie. Some kind of supernaturally heavy force of gravity still pins Jax to the ground, but that doesn't stop him from reaching at Ezren - who is also prone - and thrusting his dagger into the floor mere inches from his head.

[sblock=Crag]Everyone missed their attacks to finish off Ezren. It's up to you! That is, if you want him dead before he can do bad more bad swordmage stuff.[/sblock]
[sblock=actions/stats][sblock=actions]Standard: Piercing Strike vs Ezren hits Reflex 13 - why, that might actually be a miss! I blame the -2 to attack rolls Jax got from being prone (and, y'know, rolling a 2). Ah well, I'm willing to forgive IC since I made both of the saving throws.

Save vs -2 to will: succeeds

Save vs can't stand: succeeds[/sblock]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:21, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:23/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:4/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Conditions
Armor of Faith (+4 AC) TEOE
+2 to all defenses vs nonadjacent ranged attacks (prone)
Grants CA (prone)

Powers
Shifty
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike
Sly Lunge
Sneak in the Attack
Press the Advantage
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ingot sees the spectral figures emerge from the doorway and its eyes flash bright white. It clanks rapidly up the hall, covering the distance quickly despite its twisted knee, coming to a halt just in front of Jax. The hammer symbol on its chest begins to spin rapidly, glowing with white radiance that bursts out in a sudden flash as the warforged screams, "DEFECTS OF UNLIFE! BEGONE!" Smoke rises from both wraiths, much more from the one on the left as it flies back towards the door and cowers. Clattering its fingers together, Ingot looks down at the prone kobold and murmurs a healing prayer.

Meepo is blasted from his hiding place, and watches Jax unleash the fury. "Jax, I don't know what those things are, and I don't care. Just stab them! Hard." Meepo slapped at the wraith with his whip and moaned in disappointment as it passes through harmlessly. "What the heck."

Dorn picks himself off the ground and surveys the battlefield. Lightning shoots from his fingers as he attempts to put down one of the halflings, but only a nearby wall is damaged.

The healing from Ingot's radiant blessing instantly snaps Jax out of his reverie. Some kind of supernaturally heavy force of gravity still pins Jax to the ground, but that doesn't stop him from reaching at Ezren - who is also prone - and thrusting his dagger into the floor mere inches from his head.

Crag moves in and stabs his blade in Ezren's chest, pinning the human to the floor. When he removes it the man's eyes begin to close "You still ... don't understand... hahaha... I've already...won...." Ezren cackles before he dies.

Veneficus says "Yes... hurry, this will be over soon" as he stays at the back wall.

[sblock=ooc]
vs ac;dmg (1d20+11=24, 1d8+5=6) [/sblock]

The wraith that Ingot sent reeling, now emits a haunting melody that somehow reaches deep into the warforged and draws it closer.

The other wraith tries to grab Crag, but it misses.

The female halfling moves up and at the sight of her fallen mentor lets out a howl of agony that slams into all those close to her, except Ingot, and sends you flying.

The male casts a spell of holy light on Ingot that burns the cleric.

The dwarf smiles as Jax is sent right in front of him, but his shot is blocked by Ingot's enchantment.

[sblock=Arcana or Religion DC 15]
The halflings were studying a mass of melted silver, engraved with Supernal hieroglyphics, that seals the two doors together. Traces of six similar seals, now broken, line the seam between the doors. [/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
W81 - Seeker's Calling on Ingot - vs will; psychich (1d20+5=22, 2d6+2=9) hits for 9 and you're pulled to C3
W36- Maddening Touch on Crag - vs will; psychich (1d20+5=11, 1d6+2=7) miss

Halfling 22 - curses Ingot - moves to E22 - Arms of Hadar -
vs ref (ingot; crag; wraith; Jax; Meepo) (1d20+6=7, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=25) wow ok her luck turned around, misses Ingot, hits all the rest for dmg (1d8+3=6) and you're pushed as on the map

Halfling 32 - Shift 1, curse Ingot- Dire Radiance vs fort; dmg (1d20+6=16, 1d6+3=6) hits for 6 radiant and if you move closer take 5 more damage

Dwarf fires at Jax - vs ac; dmg (1d20+12=21, 1d8+3+1d6=6) misses due to armor (that's 2 now)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
Ceiling: 10 feet high.

Illumination: The excavators’ lanterns shed bright light that fills the chamber.

Fallen Rocks: Rocks fill the 2-square-wide area directly in front of the stairs. A character must climb up the rocks (Athletics DC 5), squeeze through the
space they occupy, and then drop 8 feet to enter the main chamber. A creature gains cover while squeezing in squares filled with rocks.

Rubble: These squares are difficult terrain.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Stats]
Halflings - Ref is 14
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Initiatives:
Jax - 19: 17/33 - +4 AC until end of encounter,
Dorn - 18 -
Crag - 11: 31/56 - Form of Winter's Herald (5 cold resist, +1 AC, +2 ref)
Enemies - 10
Ingot - 8: 24/37 <- you're go
Meepo - 7: 20/27

Ezren: 2/76 - prone (takes 9 dmg if stand up)
Halfling 22: 16/62 - bloodied, used 2nd chance
Halfling 32: 37/62 - n/a
Dwarf 36: 25/46
Wraith81 - 29/31 - no vulnerability to radiant, immobilize, insubstantial
Wraith 36 - 21/31 - insubstantial,

enemies; dorn; crag; ingot; jax; meepo (1d20+3=10, 1d20+10=20, 1d20+3=11, 1d20+2=8, 1d20+7=19, 1d20+4=7)[/sblock]

Attachments

• Fire.jpg
    Fire.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Jax hops to his feet and darts and immediately reassess his surroundings.

"Ingot?! How did you get up here so fast? And where's Crag? Well, anyway, help me with this shadow-thing!" Jax, while dodging a few clumsy blows from the wraith, points to the area behind the foe.

[sblock=Ingot]It would help Jax a little bit if Ingot would end his movement at D4 - but it's not a big deal. Jax rolled almost minimum damage on his sneak attack anyway. :.-([/sblock]
[sblock=actions/stats][sblock=actions]Move: Stand up.

Minor: Shifty to F6.

Standard: Ready action: Piercing Strike vs Wraith 36, set to go off after Ingot moves. It hits Reflex 29 with CA, or 26 without CA. 14 damage if sneak attack applies, or 7 damage if it doesn't. (before insubstantial)[/sblock]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:21, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:17/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:4/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Conditions
Armor of Faith (+4 AC) TEOE

Powers
Shifty
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike
Sly Lunge
Sneak in the Attack
Press the Advantage
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=wraiths]The one I hit with turn undead is back up to near full hit points? And no vulnerability to radiant, but also not insubstantial? What's going on? [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Ingot]
He takes 5/2 = 2.5 rounded down to 2 damage from your hit. They are insubstantial. They have no vulnerabilities to anything. [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Ingot]
He takes 5/2 = 2.5 rounded down to 2 damage from your hit. They are insubstantial. They have no vulnerabilities to anything. [/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Oh, well that's disturbing. I assume they are undead though, or else the turn last round would have had no effect :uhoh:[/sblock]

Ingot steps away from the cornered phantom, moving back towards its friends. Its holy symbol turns left and its blade shines with sudden radiance. It swings at the other creature that is menacing Jax. The blade connects and the thing is instantly outlined in blazing light, squirming and smoking. Healing energies splash off and infuse Jax with more health.

[sblock=Actions]Move: shift to D4
Standard: Healing Strike vs Wraith 36(1d20+9+1=28, 2d12+5=21) That ought to be a hit... for 21 radiant damage (10 effective). Jax can heal a healing surge +3.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:24/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left: 8/9
Initiative 0
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand,
Healing Word(x2)
Healing Strike, Split the Sky, Warforged Resolve, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead)
Avenging Flame, Armor of Faith
Acidic Fullblade, Acidic Fullblade
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads