a snapshot of the industry

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Woah. I mean, I'm not surprised that D&D is more popular.
But I didn't expect it to be two orders of magnitude more popular.

Even so, I enjoy coming to ENWorld to read news articles about all games and publishers, not just D&D/WotC. Keep up the good work, @Morrus .

I don’t comment on non-D&D because I have nothing to add, and there’s nothing to discuss, for me. And, as pointed out, there’s no discussion/comments, so there’s nothing to revisit (and give more views) to see the discussion. Whereas stuff that allows more people to give their hot takes (because there familiar with it, or can have an opinion) gets a lot of repeat views.

I’d be curious of the unique views, as opposed to total views, between D&D and Other Stuff. Cause while it’s simply not possible for me to have any interest in anything Marvel RPG related, I still do usually skim most articles to see if there’s anything interesting about gameplay or mechanics cause even if the theme repels me, I’d still like to hear how it’s done…and I wish more people that had experience playing or reading would comment about that sort of thing, and I check to see if one of the 6 comments does.

Regardless, count me as another that appreciates ENWorld covers Other RPGs.

Edit to add: Also, while I may visit One D&D threads a dozen times, I rarely read the articles, cause, yadda yadda slightly different, let’s see the Hot Takes! But something Free League, or a review rather than announcement of anything, I’m actually spending time reading the article.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
For a long time now its been a d20 leaning news site and a mostly D&D discussion board.

But, outside of days like now, with new-play test material, it would get pretty boring with just the D&D content.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Well, I doubt that a publisher of non-DnD game systems would ever limit their site to just D&D material.

And I'm glad for it. I rarely comment on non-DnD threads, but I will occasionally read articles and threads about other games and ENWorld has become my main source of what is new on the market.

Even for the articles I don't click through and read, skimming the article titles has made me aware of other games. In a number of cases a certain game kept popping up in titles and in the various crowdsourcing and news roundups that I finally decided to check it out.

If I just wanted to read about DnD, I could hang out in the DnD Beyond forums.

I was looking at the Enworld news page, and realized how it summarized the industry perfectly. If it's not D&D nobody is interested.... by factor of HUNDREDS. I don't know why ENnworld even bothers to report on non-dnd stuff. Nobody reads it.

Why not turn this website back into a DnD news site like how it started? It was a worthy experiment but nobody cares about the other stuff.

View attachment 262659

I am biased, but I like having non-D&D news and discussion. I mostly play other RPGs, so enjoy seeing what else is out there. The forum is still predominantly D&D but I don't think shedding light on alternatives to the main game takes away from the site in any way.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I like it all. I play/run 80% D&D due to local player desire. But my heart lies with the indies. I appreciate ENWorld's current editorial mix; and I also appreciate their moderation approach.

I also like to participate in discussions that are of MANAGEABLE SIZE, so I don't post much to those huge threads. In fact the way I use ENWorld is thus:

Review home page news articles, open those of interest
Open all notifications
Comment on above as desired
Open Community tab
Open threads that are of interest AND have fewer than 40 posts (except in rare exceptions)
Comment as desired
Log out
(note, "of interest" is a wide net)

Remove ads