A Teacher for Laynie: Mystery at the Academy (Part 2)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Not in Daryne's library, no. There's plenty of Dark Lords or variations thereof in the main library, as I said before, so it's more a matter of narrowing down. I can try to do that. I just wish it were possible for us to read what's in the secret libraries of Sice or Mordrue. And the students in those houses wouldn't have access to them, either--we technically aren't even supposed to know about the one here in Daryne."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, the Sice Headmistress wanted to talk with me at some point, so perhaps I can see what I can get from her. But it's not likely to be much over small talk."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yeah, I wouldn't ask Kharisa Valpyren directly, that'll let her onto us."

"Hmm...what can we do?"

"Truman, do you still have that invisibility cloak?"

"Yeah, what are you thinking?"

"Vanitri, how good are you at sneaking?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Right, so if you used Truman's cloak, you could sneak into the Sice dormitory while the door is open, maybe while I go to talk to one of my friends there, you can come along. Then what we could do is spread rumours while disguised as staff members that the murders are by someone who is trying to steal from Sice's secret library, and someone might get nervous and go check it out, probably Kharisa Valpyren. So if you follow her, maybe you could find the secret library."

"Elektra, that plan sounds really risky and unlikely to actually work..."

"Do you have anything better, Truman?"

"Well, no, but..."

Bront

The man with the probe
"The plan does sound a little convoluted, and you don't even know if there is a secret library there. But if you get me in, I can at least look around. Besides, starting such a rumor could make it harder to actualy investigate what realy is going on."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, if it was easy enough to find that you could just find it, then it wouldn't be much of a secret, right? Say what you want about Sice, but they don't do anything halfheartedly."

"Well, at least it couldn't hurt, right?"

"Well, he could be caught, in which case he might be seriously injured, or worse, expelled."

"Sneaking sounds fun, like in a book--I could help!"

"Laynie, little girls should be kept safe most of all, right?" Elektra gives Laynie a small hug.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"No, that would be bad," Laynie agrees.

"Well, I'm not sure how best to proceed this time. I'll definitely look up Dark Lord type figures involved with something like this. I wish we knew more about which parts of the pattern were statistically significant."

"I guess we shouldn't add Tammy to that list, right? She was doing something else, we thought?"

"It seems that way. Any other ideas, Vanitri? Want to try the baiting and sneaking plan?"

Remove ads