a thieves progression

Jllockhurst

First Post
The story thus far.

As the flames of Durnhold burn, Refugees poor into the outlying areas of Calimport. The new mayor has called A 30P purse for the head of whomever caused the fires. The country side is in ruins.

To make matters worse for our beleaguered townsfolk, rumors abound of a ghostly terror stalking the low hills. Six young women have already been dragged into the dead of night.

For the first time in over fifty years, a guard was found dead in the city of Calimport. The death itself would not be unusual save for the fact, that it was dismembered and thrown from the top of a building. Due to the disappearance of the guards PIPBOY, Archduke Fredriech Crass has been brought in to find the perpetrators. Non in the city know of were he came, or his particular skills, but his moniker send lesser men quivering.

The Merchant of death has decreed the end of his mission within one week.

This brings us to our Non-Heroes. The games begin.

Ian.Fleming

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been 2 days since the guard died, right? Next day we hit the alchemist shop, today in-game is the day after, unless I forgot something[/sblock]

Waking up with a dull ache in his shoulder, Jack was not in the best of moods. Botched robberies led to a body count, not to mention two axes embedded into his shoulder. At least it will take a few more days before they realize the Alchemist is missing... Honestly, who works in a pressurized vault with diving helmets?

The wounds were healing up nicely, but he's still going to have to take it easy for a few days. Tulus was probably a little worse for wear... Dressing himself, he picked up the Bug, grabbed an apple from the pantry and went into the storage room that held all their loot and equipment. Leaving the door wide open and sitting the bug on his shoulder (facing backwards), he started studying the three wall maps and the side notes he and Tulus had posted up. There was no way his mind would let him completely waste several days due to a flesh wound.

Last edited:

Grescheks

First Post
Tulus woke to a dull headache...possibly an after effect of the multiple poisonings from the night before. Thankfully, the puncture wounds weren't very visible, and the darts hadn't damaged his coat or armor much. Dressing himself and grabbing his rod and sickle, as well as a waterskin to quench his hangover thirst, Tulus made his way over to the door.

Noticing Jack staring at the map, he grunts over his shoulder, "Guh, poisoning hangover...gonna get some fresh air, try and clear my head...maybe see if anyone is talking about us today," before continuing through the door and outside.

Making his way out of the housing district, Tulus makes his way towards one of the news bulletin boards around town, sipping constantly from his waterskin.

---

[sblock=OOC]Does that speaking colour work for everyone? I can change it if not, but this let's you easily identify my spoken parts as long as it's easily read[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ian.Fleming

First Post
"Alrighty. I think I'll grab a bite o' somethin' hot down by the waterfront in a bit, see if anything be stirring up around there. I'll try and grab a window seat."

Jack went back to his room and gathered his possessions up. After laying out his armour, his weapons and other gear jack opened up a battered old box containing his maintenance kit. A handful of basic tools to patch armour, a whetstone, rags and a flask of oil mixed with soot was all he needed to keep things in good order.

His leather armour only needed a strap replaced on the shoulder and a slight buff to the main breastplate before he put it on. Each blade was checked for sharpness and oiled dark before being sheathed, and he briefly checked his bag of holding to make sure everything was relatively the same place as he remembered. Feeling whole again, he threw on his cloak and locked everything up tight before heading to the docks for some food. His scarab nestled itself on his uninjured shoulder (right on the cloak pin), watching his back.

Jllockhurst

First Post
Both:
As you step outside the tavern door, the sun drifts behind a cloud, obscuring the road with darkness. oddly enough the cloud does not seem to move as you make your way threw the city.

Tulus:
The people bustle about with they're daily chores and whatnots, children run through the streets merrily singing songs of the king. glancing Threw the darkness, you notice the town folk seem blissfully unaware of the unnatural darkness. The life of the city drags on.

Upon reaching the board, you see a very large piece of Velum hanging to the side.

"I hereby decree"
"members or the thieves club"
"are henceforth to be"
"enemy's of the state"
"execute on sight"
"1 sovereign a head"
**royal seal**

Jack:
Leaving a slight bit later then Tulus, you see the people of the town moving home to cook breakfast an prepare for a days full work. as the day stretches on, the townsfolk still seem to be ignoring the odd darkness that surrounds the city.

Reaching the dock, you notice a odd red stain on the wall of a wearhouse as you pass, thinking back you realise this be were that poor man was nailed to the wall. Continuing your walk you stumble into a larga proveion. hundreds of sailors marching together in rank and file. Finally after some time of this, a large platform carried by 8 large man enters the street. The very rotund man sitting atop the throne turns to you and nods somberly, as the procession continues.

Last edited:

Ian.Fleming

First Post
Jack let himself have a slight smile when he passed the smear on the wall, and quickly got out of the procession's way when it came by. Looking up at the fat cat being carried around, he returned his nod and muttered a quiet "Top o' the mornin' to you too." to himself. Waiting for his lackeys to finish passing by, he nudged a labourer who agreed with the wisdom of not being in front of a marching mob.

"Who'se that jolly little bugger?"

[sblock=Streetwise Check]Streetwise Check (1d20+9=24)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Grescheks

First Post
The sight of the mysterious darkness, seemingly having followed the duo from Durnhold, helped to sober Tulus up some. The open bounty on the Thieve's Club finished up the sobering process. If people are going to start taking down Thieve's Club members, or even suspected members, it was going to make theiving in Calimport only that much more difficult.

Knowing that Jack would need to know about this, Tulus made his way towards the docks, being sure to take a route through the merchant's quarter, stopping every once in a while to pretend to look at something, so it wouldn't look like the message had affected him at all, just in case he was already being targeted.

Jllockhurst

First Post
Tulus: You're trip to the docks is rather uneventful, nobody pays much attention to you as you walk threw the streets. Arriving you see in the distance a procession of sailors, and a large man on a thrown. Jack is standing alone in the streets.

Jack: The man next to you looks up thoughtfully.

"That would be the executioner ser. He is here hunting thieves and vagrants. I would not cross that one ser."

with that the man slips into the crowd and walks away. you see Tulus walking towards you, looking somewhat somber.

Grescheks

First Post
Ignoring the parade heading down the street, Tulus made his way to Jack, signalling to him, We need to talk, then, figuring they don't want to seem like thieves at the moment, he added Act native.

Finally reaching his friend, Tulus perked up visibly, acting as if nothing was wrong. "G'day Jack! Enjoying the show, eh? By the by, have you heard the news about that damned Thieves' Club? Seems the nobility has finally decided to do something about them. They've put a bounty out on all those scoundrels, a whole sovereign just for one of 'em, and they're to be executed on sight! Here's hopin' they make sure that the people they get are actually in the Club, eh? Wouldn't do to have innocents be targetted by some overzealous crackpot looking to make a quick piece of gold."

[sblock=Thievery Check]
Thievery check to make sure Thieve's Cant signals are unnoticed. (1d20+9=16)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ian.Fleming

First Post
[sblock=OOC]How much is a sovereign?
Also, my thief's cant book has just been shipped... this is going to get interesting :p By the time we have our own group of minions I'll hopefully have a lexicon made to send to you guys[/sblock]

Taking Tulus in stride, the two start making their way towards a reasonably nice tavern with a good view of the docks. Hangs to be them, I guess. Doesn't really change things much for us. Now, let's get some grub.

Need escape plan.
[sblock=Thievery Check]
Thievery Check (1d20+12=16)
Ouch, glad they're mainly commoners :p[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads