a thieves progression

Jllockhurst

First Post
As you walk threw the streets, you noticed a few people walking briskly towards the tavern. Obviously excited by the new "wizard mischief" that has struck on an otherwise boring day.

the trip home is rather uneventful, although on the way a young man bumps into jack quite hard actually.

jack- perception dc25

[sblock] its the child you helped break into the building weeks back[/sblock]

jack-

as you arrive home you notice 1 platinum piece missing from your purse.

Ian.Fleming

First Post
[sblock=Perception] Perception (1d20+9=10) Fail. [/sblock]

On the way back, when there weren't too many people around, Jack filled Tulus in on the notes.

The kid bumped into his injured shoulder. Jack was less than pleased. As the kid ran off, he shouted after him "'Ey Tosser! Watch who you run into, daft bugger..."

[sblock=OOC] Truth be told, Jack probably wouldn't notice 10 missing coins from a pile of over 1300 :p[/sblock]

When they were back in their suite, Jack checked the storage room out of habit. "So, yeh... I don't know what makes these people think we give a rat's arse about this city. D'you think we should even show, or pull off one more score before bootin' 'er to someplace else?"

Grescheks

First Post
Listening to Jack on the walk back (and bristling slightly at the accusations of "wizard" mischief), Tulus thought about the implications of the notes and the fact that they were specifically for them. At Jack's question back in the suite, Tulus thought a moment, before responding, "Well, clearly this guy knows who we are, and since we aren't being accosted by the guards everywhere we go, he obviously hasn't ratted us out to anyone yet. I say we see what he wants; it could be that he can help us with our long-term goals. We can always pull another heist and then boot it if we feel the need to after the meeting." Turning to go make sure his gear is in order for whatever might come, he mentions over his shoulder,"Plus, if he is going to be a problem for us, best to deal with him now, rather than later."

Ian.Fleming

First Post
"Arright, Tho I don't like someone knowin' us without us knowin' him beforehand... feeling up for a little snoopin' while I go take a look around the Crokus Chovey"

[sblock=OOC] "Crokus Chovey" is mid-19th cent. Thief's cant for a chemist's shop, or an alchemist's shop in this case ;)[/sblock]

Grescheks

First Post
"I'll check out the cartographer while you scope the Aclhemist's shop? Let's meet back here a bell or two before the meeting so we can compare notes and prepare for the meeting."

With that, Tulus gathered his gear, and made for the cartographer's shop.

Ian.Fleming

First Post
It didn't take much to make jack look like a commoner. His clothing was rather threadbare and simple, and with his shortsword in the bag of holding (his own, not the guild's), he really didn't stand out that much.

Once in the vicinity of the shop, Jack took his leisurley time strolling around the district. Munching on a sour apple he kept his eyes and ears open to any bits of gossip as he perused merchant's stalls.

Jllockhurst

First Post
As you arrive at the alchemist shop, you realize the streets are deserted. no one is around, not even the normal shop keeps. There are shadows fleeting through the alleys, but nothing you can make out.

as you go towards the shop, a large shrouded man steps out.

"Jack, welcome. come with me."

Ian.Fleming

First Post
Out of reflex and old habits, jack took a half step back and went into a slight crouch, his cloak covering where his hands were and what they held, if anything at all. His heart started beating much faster in a very short time.

"Tiamat's balls, man... Don't startle the twitchy ones!"

He made no motion that he was going anywheres with any strange, burly men. His hands were twitching a little, one near his shuriken, one near his dagger.

[sblock=Ready Action]shift 1 square away if he or anyone else tries to grab me, add an intimidate check if they have weapons drawn.[/sblock]

Jllockhurst

First Post
"Dont be so scared jack. you know me to be a friend"

his shroud drops to the grounds, revealing a large orc. Bartok, the bar owner.

"I take it your here for the meeting? well my friend, it will not be for a few hours. you must be exited? the club has not met with this kind of exitment in ages."

Remove ads