a thieves progression

Ian.Fleming

First Post
Jack didn't move and kept his readied action.
"A thousand pardons Bartok, but when burly people invite me out for a spot o' tea with some of their friends I tend to get a wee bit leery... Unpleasant childhood and all that"

Jllockhurst

First Post
"of course my friend, i understand. Would you prefer us take another spot for our discussion, or that we wait until the meeting?"

Bartok Bows low as he speaks, you notice a small wand like object attached to his chest. a small barrel, with a handle and a large chamber.

Ian.Fleming

First Post
"Street's suit me fine, s'long as we're alone. Bar that there's the burnt-out district.

Letting one empty hand slide out from his cloak, he gave a mock formal bow and indicated that Bartok may lead the way. Jack really did not want to fight someone like him, but there was no immediately obvious way to avoid their chat, so he followed him.

[sblock=readied action] If at any time I detect an ambush or things are going to get ugly, I'm running. I do believe the proper technical term will be bootin' 'er though... Either way, Tulus can figure things out for himself.[/sblock]

Grescheks

First Post
Having made his way to the cartographer's without incident, Tulus decides to start his observations in a shadowy alleyway across from the map-maker's which allows him a view into part of the main room of the shop.

Jllockhurst

First Post
ian- Leading you to the abandoned district of town, Bartok drops his weapons. Turning to you, he kneels.

"The thieves club has heard of your exploits, well exploits that can not be placed on our heads. i have heard that you are the most likely to be the perpetrator. I offer you my allegiance. until fate will see me dead, or you will see me replaced."

Gresh- As you wait in the shadows, you see nothing but the normal movement of people throughout the streets. Oddly the Cartographer closes shop long before his scheduled time, and rushes off into the alley across from you. He appears to be carrying a large bundle of maps and charts.

Ian.Fleming

First Post
Jack lost his composure, and momentarily let is jaw drop. It was very unnerving for him to be caught off-guard like that.

"Erhm... Oi, I'm not some fat-arse noble... Get off yer knees, Bartok."

Extending a hand towards Bartok, he helped the big half orc up.
[sblock=OOC] I'm assuming he's a half orc, amirite?[/sblock]

"Only whores serve people from their knees. Tho' I'm not sure what the night life's like around here, I don't be supposing that's the kind of bar you run, mate. Aye, I'll take you and yer lot on, but don't be doing any of this fealty bollocks to me 'r Tulus. Equal risk, equal rewards, got me?"

Grescheks

First Post
Glancing around to make sure no one was paying him any undue attention, Tulus walks casually (yet briskly) across the street to the alley that the cartographer had taken. Once in the shadowed alleyway, Tulus allowed his natural Tiefling abilities to take over and cloak himself in smokey shadows, while at the same time drawing his enchanted coat about himself to help him hide better and keeping an eye on the fleeing form of the mapmaker.

[sblock="Perception Roll"]Perception check to spot people trying to follow his movements. (1d20+9=15)[/sblock]

[sblock="Stealth Roll"]Stealth check to hide while following Map Quest through the alleyway (1d20+8=12)[/sblock]

---

[sblock="OOC"]I'm guessing the alley qualifies as at least "low-light", so my low-light vision and gloaming coat abilities qualify (technically, the "gloaming" requires "dim light"). If the gloaming coat doesn't qualify, then it's a -1 to my Stealth roll. And as always, the "natural Tiefling abilities" would be my Shadow Walk ability, giving me concealment in case someone decides to attack me[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jllockhurst

First Post
Ian - Bartok stands and takes position behind you to follow you were you would go.
"of course, equal risk equal reward ser"

gresh- you movements are all successful, and you are able to follow him without being seen. you do manage to notice a piece of parchment that falls to the ground in his rush.

"DAMN! ahh there's no time, i sure hope no one looks at that!"

you hear him yell out as he scurries down the street.

[sblock] You should really invest in some sneaking shoes my friend. I am Quirion, also known as Map Quest. I am a friend, and if you continue to follow me I have much to discuss with you. [/sblock]

Grescheks

First Post
Grabbing the (rather obviously) dropped piece of parchment, Tulus read it over quickly before deciding to continue following this Quirion fellow where he might lead him, for now.

---

[sblock="OOC"]Real subtle there, Josh :p. Was your alternate dialogue something along the lines of "Oh, I seem to have dropped this note! I do hope that, if I am being followed, my pursuer does not collect the parchment from the ground and read it! Alas, I have no time to return and pick it up, and so leave the fate of my fallen parchment to chance! Woe is me!" ? :p [/sblock]

Ian.Fleming

First Post
Making his way back to the Alchemist's shop at a reasonably slow pace, Jack had a fair amount going through his mind at the moment.

"So... This place is really so slack that a few bits an' bites go missing an' they call in the whole cavalry? Seems like a touch o' overkill... Mayor up for re-election or somethin'?"

Last edited:

Remove ads