D&D 5E Aasimar & Tiefling offspring

Coroc

Hero
For the adventure I've been writing for the last thousand years or so, a Tiefling hero and his Elven wife have a daughter who is basically a half-elf with just a few infernal traits (enough to make her VERY valuable some really bad people). But having read Elon's suggestion, I think I'll consider creating an elf/tiefling hybrid, that's much more interesting!

How come you find a mongrelman more interesting than a nice badass halfelven Vamp with horns (Green cats eyes eventually :) ? )

Sorry, I cannot resist to troll this thread :) so plz give me a laugh if you like it.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Or, possibly, this...

dndblackpudding.jpg

gyor

Legend
Depends on the editions. 2e and 3e I'd say more likely human with a chance of it's descendants being born Tieflings or Aasimar.

4e I'd Tiefling because Tieflings bred true in 4e, but with the twist of having the Deva Heritage feat.

5e Tiefling Favoured Soul.

MiraMels

Explorer
The official Realms answer, for the time being, is that the offspring would just be a tiefling. Because since 4th edition, if there's at least one tiefling involved in the creation of a child, the child will be a tiefling. And, I'm pretty sure Volo's made it clear that 5th edition assimar are just mortals assigned a destiny and a shoulder angel, not the result of any interplanar cavorting.

plisnithus8

Adventurer
The official Realms answer, for the time being, is that the offspring would just be a tiefling. Because since 4th edition, if there's at least one tiefling involved in the creation of a child, the child will be a tiefling. And, I'm pretty sure Volo's made it clear that 5th edition assimar are just mortals assigned a destiny and a shoulder angel, not the result of any interplanar cavorting.

Volo’s page 104 says “descended from humans” and “celestial heritage” and “an assimar is mortal.”

That doesn’t seem clear to me, pretty ambiguous actually.

gyor

Legend

I'll take another look at Aasimar in Volo's, but I didn't like the fluff for the Aasimar in it as it had no relation to any Aasimar of previous editions and didn't seem to connect or make sense with FR at all and it didn't resolve the weird thing in 4e where the Deva was said to be an Aasimar (also didn't address the favour that some of the Mulhorandi God Incarnations we're said to be Assimar in the SCAG, which doesn't make sense with the Volo's Guide fluff. Volo's Guide plays it too fast and lose the line between FR lore and 5e Generic Lore (so mention of the Sarrukh in a book with Lizardfolk and Yuan Ti Purebloods playable (the Sarrukh in FR created both races along with Pterafolk, Nagas, and many other none Dragon Scaly Folk, maybe Tortles but that has not been addressed) .

MiraMels

Explorer
Volo’s page 104 says “descended from humans” and “celestial heritage” and “an assimar is mortal.”

That doesn’t seem clear to me, pretty ambiguous actually.

Ah, you're right. I was making that call from memory (hence the 'pretty sure') so thank you for correcting me.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
My first thought is take the Fallen Aasimar, switch its cantrip to the Tiefling's Thaumaturgy, and add a cosmetic feature or two (a ruddy cast to the skin perhaps).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases