D&D 5E Aasimar & Tiefling offspring

Volo's Guide plays it too fast and lose the line between FR lore and 5e Generic Lore

Volo's Guide goes with generic D&D lore 90%+ of the time. When it specifically references a FR element, it directly calls it out.

In all of the 5e non-adventure books that have come out (except SCAG, of course), the default is generic D&D, and setting specific material is always called out.

Adventures specifically set in the Forgotten Realms probably just weave it in without making a distinction, but other books are fairly consistent in their approach.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
What happens when an Aasimar and a Tiefing procreate?

Whatever makes the best story for that campaign.

Here's some ideas:

• Maybe the mixing of celestial and fiendish is impossible - but the fact that they are both moderated by human makes this the first of something new. The child matures at a fantastic rate.
  • What seems human, but if it's actions tilt one way or the other it will start to show signs and facets of either celestial or fiendish heritage.
  • Twins. Always twins. One of each. And their destinies are linked.

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
iu.gif

Ultimate Gamer1

First Post
A possibility would be to have a Tiefling be blessed by a god in a similar way as the Assimar. The physical appearance would be slightly altered as there skin become brighter shades, horn and tails shorten, wings grow, and eyes change from the dark black pupil less disks they were before. They would get +2 con and +1 int. 30” flight for 10 minutes and be able to speak celestial, infernal, and common naturally. They would have infernal and celestial resistances but they would have half the spell set of each.

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Three possibilities that I would use in my own worlds:

1: It becomes either a tiefling or an aasimar. This can either be all[i/] children are tieflings, all[i/] children are aasimar, or some are tiefling, some are aasimar.

2: They fiendish and celestial blood cancel out, creating a human, elf, whatever the non planar part of their blood was.

3: You create an Eldritch abomination that would have traits of both.

4. The two sub races can't bread together because the cells of each parent attack each other at the genetic level preventing fertility required to make offspring.

I am going to say its option 4. The adults can love each other but they just can't have kids.

Last edited:

Novascore

First Post
Honestly it doesn't matter if your doing this for a campaign just make up the race. avian was fan created, aasimar was fan created. make somthing new.

Novascore

First Post
Honestly it doesn't matter if your doing this for a campaign just make up the race. avian was fan created, aasimar was fan created. make something new.

Remove ads