dexterity= physical agility.
constitution= physical toughness.
intelligence= mental strength.
wisdom= mental toughness.
charisma= mental agility.

does that make sense?

delericho

Legend
I would describe Charisma more as "mental strength" and Intelligence as "mental agility", but otherwise I use a similar shorthand.

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
Strength = physical strength, sure
Dexterity = physical agility, but also balance, hand-eye coordination, and reflexes
Constitution = health most of all, but also stamina
Intelligence = how capable someone is of understanding, of discerning meanings, and reasoning
Wisdom = someone's knowledge of where to look, of what will lead to rewards and what will lead to loss and regret
Charisma = someone's knowledge of how to win friends and lead socially, and the ability to "say things the best"

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
STR = Muscle Power
DEX = Coordination, Reflex and Agility
CON = Health and Vigor
INT = Environmental learning, you may not know how to read but you can rub two sticks and get fire
WIS = Common Sense, that voice in your head or gut feeling
CHA = People's view of you - you can be evil and dumb but with a high one people are going to like you, follow up, listen to what you have to say even over the smartest or the wisest

Celebrim

Legend
came up with this way of interpreting ability scores:

strength= physical strength.
dexterity= physical agility.
constitution= physical toughness.
intelligence= mental strength.
wisdom= mental toughness.
charisma= mental agility.

does that make sense?

In that you aren't the first to notice that and define ability scores in that way, then yes perforce it must make at least some sense.

I've also seen 9 score models based on breaking each score in a 3 score model (say strength, intelligence, and endurance or physical, mental, and social) in to 3 constituent components along those lines.

I've also seen what you call "strength, toughness, and agility", referred to as the "height, depth, and breadth" of an ability, where height is the capacity, depth is the resilience, and breadth is the versatility.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases