• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part 7

Argent Silvermage

First Post
evileeyore said:
"Love you too," Kith replies, sarcastically.

"I am gladdened to see you survived the zombies realitively unscathed. Sorry it appears they got your brain."
Lyrique walks up to the group and gives the old man a look of fire and ice. "I'll thank you to not speak that way to my friend Keith." He says to Kith. He bends to see who's body lay under the sheet.

Zhure

First Post
Underneath the covering blanket is a halfling, dressed in armor and also the body of a large dog. From a distance, it appeared as if the entire mass was the same as a human, but once uncovered it's clear the two forms are separate creatures.

There aren't any marks on the halfling, except a few bruises. Any injuries he sustained are covered by his armor.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Charlotte kneels down beside the halfling. "Can anyone do anything for him?" She asks, looking around at the group. "If we could get him conscious, he might know what happened... or have a better idea than us, at any rate."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"If he's alive..."
If the halfling is still alive, Sildarin manifests vigor on himself, and then empathic transfer on the halfling, burning all the temp hps gained from vigor

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Kith sighs softly.

He says to Charlotte as gently as possible, "When they put a cover over them like that, they are generally dead. The Crimson Guard wouldn't leave the wounded just lying about..."

Kith looks around at the camp.

"I suggest we find Palasant if he's still alive. Ascertain the safety of the package. I have a bad feeling about this."

He steps up next to Keith and says in low voice, "I really am sorry about leaving you in the cave. I just don't handle undead very well."

Before Keith can reply he steps away towards any soldiers and tries to get their attention.

Jarval

Explorer
"Given that Palasant's tent has been demolished, I'd say that the chance of him still being alive are slim." Mortimer comments gloomily as he follows after Kith. "Still, we do need to find out just what's happened here."

Zhure

First Post
Closer examination shows the halfling underneath his mail has no heartbeat; he doesn't appear revivable. The wardog (also wearing mail) has also expired. No blood is visible on either.

One of the Guard, overhearing Kith's comment, replies: "I haven't seen Palasant for awhile. I think he took off right after the big explosion awhile back. We're trying to find him.

"Marin, the paladin," the scarlet clad guard says, pointing to the halfling, "yelled some kind of battle cry, and called for help. By the time we got here, he was lying dead already."

The man looks genuinely sad. "I've known Marin for nigh on twenty years and he never raised a weapon against anyone he didn't know was evil."

The soldier makes some sort of superstitious warding sign under his cloak. "Whoever done that to Marin was probably some kind of demon."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads