• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part 7

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Kith carefully pulls the sheet over the halfling and his wardog.

"Yes Keith it is good news. It means I can probably continue to dislike Palasant as visciously as before. I doubt seriously he is dead."

Kith turns to the Crimson Guardsman.

"Who is your interimn Commander?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Evil..." Charlotte says quietly as the halfling is covered. "Do you think those two who wanted the book would be 'evil'? Or a demon... but what would a demon be doing here?"

Zhure

First Post
Kith said:
"Who is your interimn Commander?"

"There's some dissension among the sergeants, but strict military protocol says it's Caman. He was last seen with Palasant, so it's still up in the air.

"My best guess is it's going to be Darvain until Caman or Palasant is found. He's a really big dwarven fella. I think he's at the docks sending a message."

Jarval

Explorer
GnomeWorks said:
"Evil..." Charlotte says quietly as the halfling is covered. "Do you think those two who wanted the book would be 'evil'? Or a demon... but what would a demon be doing here?"
"It needn't be a demon. Can't wizards just kill people with magic?" Mortimer asks, looking to any of his more arcane-minded companions for an answer.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Kith recalls five days ago (or is that 2 years?)

"True. However the Soldier claims this Paladin only drew down on evil. Magic isn't inherently evil. Atleast nothing I've ever encountered here at Drell. My guess is whoever came for the book had Shadowy backup. Like those manta-specter things we faced in the library a few days back."

Kith sighs wearily. "It was less than a week ago, but it seems so long."

Tokiwong

First Post
"Why does it matter, he is dead, killed by evil and the book is gone yes?" Keith replies, "For now lets clean up, bury the honored dead, and try to get some normalcy about us, unless we have witnesses or clues we can make conjectures till our tongues go blue."

Jarval

Explorer
"True, there are probably more productive things we can be doing." Mortimer agrees. "Shall we make our way down to the docks and see if we can find Darvain? If we're going to make ourselves useful, he seems to be the man in charge now."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"But if we do that, Keith, there may be no trail of whoever did this." Charlotte says. "We have to start looking now, or else we may never find out who really did it... we can guess, but we'll probably never really find out. We have to start looking." She pauses. "Now."

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith shrugs, "There is not exactly much to go off of, but if you have an idea, then by all means," he gestures as if to say, go ahead...

evileeyore

Mrrrph
"The 'idea', as Charlotte has already eloquently put, is to look around."

Kith glances around at the camp, the sky, the town.

Sigh. "Your probably right Keith, no trail left. Well, I suggest someone look around anyway, someone better at magic than me. I'll go speak to the 'new' commander. I have supplies that need storage, and Engineers to see too..." Kith's voice fades off.

"I suppose we meet up tomorrow morningish to compare notes then?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads