Account subscriptions?

Skydawn

Galactic Artificer
I purchased the Community Supporter subscription earlier this month, but there has been no change regarding account features and the upgrade screen appears as if I hadn't purchased it. I've also been paying a recurring 4-month subscription to EN World since Oct 2014. Does this still provide anything?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You should cancel the latter at PayPal's end -- that was on the old site.

I didn't actually realise subs were currently available to buy here yet -- I haven't configured them yet! It's on my list of things to do! Did a payment actually go through?

Skydawn

Galactic Artificer
LOL. Thanks! I've been a contributor for some time now, so no worries on my end. Just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong. :giggle:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think I've got it configured, but the settings are slightly confusing. Unfortunately I can't test it on myself as PayPal doesn't let me pay myself, which makes the process somewhat frustrating. I suspect it gets triggered when PayPal sends the server notification of a received payment. Do you know when your next one is supposed to happen?

Skydawn

Galactic Artificer
Doesn't look like anything's changed on my end. It began May 1st - the next payment is scheduled for June 2nd.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Darnit. I suspect it won't trigger till then then. That's frustrating.

If I refund you the existing payments, would you mind trying to set up a new one from scratch? Just so I can see if it works? I mean, it probably won't, because nothing ever works first time, and there are confusing API callback keys and stuff that need to be all set up correctly. You'd think they'd have a "Self Test" function on it!

Skydawn

Galactic Artificer
Agreed. That's an oversight on their part for sure. Yes, I don't mind. Just let me know when to do the purchase again.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Should be good to go!

(How much do I owe you, and what's the PayPal address? I'll shoot that over now).

Remove ads