Acquana Art Thread -- Thread Implosion 06/10/2007

Acquana

First Post
It was from when Rangerwickett and I first met in high school. He tried to impress me by getting me a Snickers Bar. I'm allergic to both chocolate and nuts, and tried to tell him. For some reason he thought I was lying just to get him away from me or something.

You're an odd duck, Rangerwickett.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
This was prompted by something in the "Post your picture" thread: Acquana and RW, did you guys used to be friends with a young lady named Holly back in Texas? A young lady with LOOOONG hair? If so the we share a mutual acquaintence. I work with her occasionally and GMed her last Sunday at the local game store.

Yes! Whoa. Holly was a great girl. Haven't seen her in almost two years now.

Ask her how to pronounce "Hraedlgeu."

Can you get me her contact info?

Acquana

First Post
I just nearly had a fit in the "Post Your Photo" thread and ran over here to tell RW! But it looks like I'm a little late.

Dude, can you believe she still games?! We freakin rock!

See if you can get her to post, Rel!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
RangerWickett said:
Yes! Whoa. Holly was a great girl. Haven't seen her in almost two years now.

Ask her how to pronounce "Hraedlgeu."

Can you get me her contact info?

I've also sent her an e-mail mentioning that I know you guys through this site. I'll try and see if I can put you guys in touch with each other. So here's a brief synopsis of how I know Holly:

I own my own company doing legal videography. I'm pretty strongly tied to a particular court reporting service and, about a year ago, Holly started working there. We have since done a dozen or so jobs together and struck up many a conversation that made me think she might be made of proper RPG cloth. A couple of months ago I flat out asked her if she'd ever played any RPG's and whether she might want to participate in one at a local game store (NCSUCodeMonkey was running one of his Grimm Faerie Tales games).

She replied that she had played (and I may not be remembering this precisely) "a few times with friends in Texas". At my urging, she played with us in that Grimm game and said she had a fun time. Fast forward a month or so and I needed some extra players for my Sky Galleons of Mars game to be played at that same game store. I asked if she would be interested and she said yes again. So this past Sunday she played in my game.

She followed up by asking about getting in on the next NC Game Day and I sent her the info for our website and I also sent her the link to the NC Game Day thread here at ENWorld. I urged her to check site out as it is hands down the best place on the internet for info about roleplaying games. Her last e-mail seemed enthusiastic about the prospect for participating in more games and I'm hoping that she'll come to the next NC Game Day and possibly even find a regular gaming group.

If you guys are the ones that introduced her to gaming then you did a good job. In my Sky Galleons game she got the feel of things very quickly and was attempting to use her skills to the best of her ability and (bless her sweet, peaceful heart) always trying to interject "Should we try and talk to these guys rather than just shooting first?" ;)

For what it's worth, it might be a few days before I'm able to get up with her because my understanding is that she's having some computer problems and can only check e-mail at work. If that office is the same way it was when last I was there then they've only got dial up. :eek:

Anyhow, like I said before, small world huh? To be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing the look on her face when I tell her that the art of an old friend is the background on my computer's desktop! ;)

No, Holly was very well behaved.

Rel, see if you can drum up an "Austin Powers Theme Song" ringtone for your cel phone. Then play it around Holly and report back.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases