• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AD&D Mapping

jcayer

Explorer
My 4e group has expressed interest in running through Tomb Of Horrors. As a prep for that, we're running through C1.

As always, the topic of how to handle mapping came up when we started talking about AD&D. After a bit of thinking, I offered to take on the role. I'm the usual 4e DM, and we had moved to a projector and maptools. So I have fairly decent maptools skills.

With the DMs blessing, and a bit of effort, I would draw the map using maptools and it would get projected on the wall. Throw in a couple laser pointers and everyone was happy. The players had a decent map to see. The DM could easily point out things I drew wrong, and I even started dropping props like levers and trapdoors on the map. It really worked amazingly well.

And yes, I set the map background to blue and drew in white, just like the inside of the module cover.

ozreth

Explorer
Sounds pretty cool! Although, honestly, I can't imagine running C1 any other way than having a piece of graph paper in the middle of the table with another player mapping out my descriptions :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads