Adamantite Weapons (Large)

bleedthefreak

First Post
You may want to *read* the description

You CAN take an Exotic Weapon Feat to use a Fullblade as a two handed weapon if you are a medium sized creature, unless the book is wrong and there is errata?

Here is the text, straight from page 72 of Sword and Fist, re-typed by me (forgive errors, I am in a bit of a rush):

Fullblade: A fullbade is 18 inches longer than a greatsword, and is too lar4ge for a Medium-sized creature to use with two hands [/I]without special training, thus it is an exotic weapon. (Medium-size creatures cannot use a fullblade one handed at all.) A Large sized creature could use the fullblade with one hand, but would be assessed the standard -4 nonproficiency penalty to its attack rolls, or with two hands as a martial weaon. A Large size creature with Exotic Weapon Fullblade could use the fulllblade in one hand, but a medium-size creature must use both hands even with the feat. A fullblade is also called an Ogre's Greatsword.

At any rate, the purpose of this thread is not to find out if my guy could use the fullblade, clearly he can, however, I would like to know if Adamantite weapons should go up to +3, as armor does, for very large weapons. I think it is important to explore, for the Huge NPC's out there, but there may be a reason it is capped at +2, I just don't see it (I personally believe it could go to +3).

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Re: You may want to *read* the description

bleedthefreak said:
You CAN take an Exotic Weapon Feat to use a Fullblade as a two handed weapon if you are a medium sized creature, unless the book is wrong and there is errata?

The book is wrong and there is errata. I quoted it above.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I believe the feat in question is commonly called monkey grip. It allows a character to wield a weapon one size larger then they normally could if they wield it with two hands.

No.

Monkey Grip allows you to wield a weapon one size larger than yourself with one hand.

For example, a Medium human wielding a Large greataxe in one hand.

If you want to wield a weapon two sizes larger than yourself, you have to convince the DM to allow you the Gigantic Weapon feat from the Netbook of Feats - for example, a medium human wielding a Huge greataxe in two hands.

-Hyp.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
(Direct copy/paste from the errata):

Fullblade: A fullblade is18 inches longer than a greatsword, and is too large for a Medium-size creature to use at all. A Large creature could use the fullblade with one hand, but would suffer the standard –4 nonproficiency penalty to its attack rolls, or with two hands as a martial weapon. A Large creature with the Exotics Weapon proficiency could use the fullblade in one hand with no penalty. A fullblade is also called an ogre’s greatsword.

CuriousBard

First Post
I'm of the impression that the extra large weapons or anything really that pushes you past the 1d12 or 2d6 range would work as a natural +3. I figured the cost at 18,000 (close to the 20,000 figure presented earlier in this thread). I computed it based on the following:

Cumulative bonus of weapon X 3000.

So a +1 would work out to 3000. A +2 is 1+2x3000 which holds true for the 9000 the DMG gives. So I figured a +3 would work out to 1+2+3x3000 which is 18,000.

Now mix that with a custom item that has continuous activation of Anti-magic Shell......drop that on a fighter, and watch him go to work with his natural +3 blade. ;)

Gromm

First Post
I personally lean towards +2 being the max myself.
And since I'l l be his DM odds aren't too good.
I'm willing to listen to reason of course, but +3 seems to powerful for an innate ability of the metal.

Course he can't use the sword anyway so its really redundant.

Remove ads