• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

CaBaNa

First Post
That was the end of Veruza's turn, here's hoping the monsters roll poorly. ;) Big healing bursts next round, stay close to Veruza, as if the IC below wasn't indication enough of this.

Rally! The more damage they do, the more our ranks should close! NYAR! KEEP IT UP! What had originally sounded like words of encouragement, begins to reveal itself as the beginnings of a prayer, Hark! We shall lay waste to our foes, stand near, for my word is law! The aura around Veruza begins to pulse, radiant, and awe inspiring.

[/COLOR][sblock=MiniStat, Marked by hobgoblin]

REMEMBER: When Allies that see Veruza spend an action point to make an attack, they gain a +3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit, or gain 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

Veruza XP 3750 Female Kalashtar Cleric 4

Medium natural humanoid Initiative +2
Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 17

HP 29, Bloodied 20, Surge Value 10, Surges 5/8

AC 19; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 20
Saving Throws +0

Speed 5

Second Wind: Not Used
Action Point Total: 0
At-will powers: Astral Seal, Sonnlinor's Hammer
Encounter powers: Command, Healing Word (used once), Bastion of Mental Clarity, Divine Skill, Provocative Order

Channel divinity powers: Healer's Mercy, Divine Fortune

Daily powers: Astral Condemnation

Item powers: Lucky Charm, Sunblade Fullblade
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC]
The Human is neither blooded nor dead.

I would have told you if he were.
[/sblock]

Not bloodied after 110 damage. Ouch! We're in trouble!

We need to drop the hobbo, he gives them extra attacks and moves. If you can move them so that two of them are in burst three from Cairn without PCs being in or state that you accept the attack

CaBaNa

First Post
I accept the attack, be ready when Veruza has a fit over it though. I've got a sliding attack, and I believe Narvala has something similar, if we aren't dead next round, we could attempt the slides. However I'm almost certain Veruza will be busy doing mass healing.

drothgery

First Post
If you can move them so that two of them are in burst three from Cairn without PCs being in or state that you accept the attack

[sblock=ooc]I was trying to move them so they were all with in a burst 2 of each other, so I could hit them with Narvala's level 5 daily and (hopefully) immobilize all three of them. But the slide I needed to set that up didn't come off thanks to rolling a two on my attack roll.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar can barely hear the shouting and fighting with the door closed.
He focuses and keeps the lightning pillar in place.

"You guys okay in there?"

[sblock=actions] Standard: Storm Pillar. [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Cairn Kill! The words carry the weight of compulsion urging everything in Cairn to charge the human.

Cairn charges to protect 'his lady mage' heedless of the threat the lizardman presents. One powerful swing later and the human has one extra cut on himself.

The Lizardman takes advantage of Cairn moving away. He slashes Cairn on the arm, leaving a deep gouge.

Baern quickly slashes out at the Hobgoblin as it attacks his ally. Your foe is me! His swing goes wide after the harsh challenge. He moves quickly between the hobgoblin and Veruza, keeping a focus on the human. You, get back too!

Narvala considers her actions, moves back to create some more space between her and the enemies, then tosses a bolt of radiant energy at the lizardman. Unfortunately, it was off target.

Rally! The more damage they do, the more our ranks should close! NYAR! KEEP IT UP! What had originally sounded like words of encouragement, begins to reveal itself as the beginnings of a prayer, Hark! We shall lay waste to our foes, stand near, for my word is law! The aura around Veruza begins to pulse, radiant, and awe inspiring.

Nyar can barely hear the shouting and fighting with the door closed.
He focuses and keeps the lightning pillar in place.

"You guys okay in there?"

The Lizardman continues to keep silent. He just charges Cairn from behind, stabbing him in the back with his spear.

The Hobgoblin again sets up the Human. It's almost as if one mind were controlling all three of the gladiators. The Human's eyes start to glaze over and some spittle falls from his lips. "Youse can't beat Gurg rock man. Gurg invinkable." he shouts as he grabs and squeezes Cairn in a massive bear hug. He then casually slams Cairn's unconscious body into Veruza, knocking her to the ground. In his murderous rage, Gurg turns to Veruza, kicking her twice in the head on the ground and knocking her unconscious.

"I told youse that youse be sorry when you fight Gurg." the Hobgoblin says to Baern. However, Baern easily evades the Hobgoblin's followup swing on him.

[sblock=OOC]

Lizardman hits Cairn for 14.

11+ mods hits for 14.

Gurg delays.

Hobgoblin shifts and readies an action.

Gurg recharges Grab.

5 recharges.

Gurg hits Cairn for 18.

19+mods hits for 18.

Gurg slam Cairn into Veruza, Cairn takes 5, Veruza takes 6.

Cairn auto-takes 5, 18+mods hits for 6.

Gurg hits Veruza for 12 and 15.

15+mods hits for 12. 15+mods hits for 17.

Hobgoblin misses Baern.

natural 1

Note: I need death saving throws from Cairn and Veruza at the beginning of the PC's turns.

Lizardman, 24
Hobgoblin, 11
Gurg, 118, quarried by Baern
Cairn -15/63, Bloodied, dying, prone
Baern 34/47
Nyar 33/33
Narvala 37/46
Veruza -6/40, Bloodied, dying, prone

It's the PC's turn.

Sand pit is difficult terrain. Weight benches and other equipment give cover bonus for ranged attacks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 2e.jpg
    Encounter 2e.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 59

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: this is my bad. I should've used warforged resolve after attacking everyone. Extra 10hp would mean all the difference for making second wind next round. And we lost the healer. Anybody has any healing left? If I get up, I'm getting my regenerative daily out.

[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], Cairn's AC is 21 this round, did Lizardman still hit with 11? I think so, but would remind of higher AC, just in case.

Death roll (1d20=8) Cairn takes 10 and passes

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer

[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], Cairn's AC is 21 this round, did Lizardman still hit with 11? I think so, but would remind of higher AC, just in case.

[sblock=Lizardman]
Opps. My error. By the time I got to that part of the encounter, I totally forgot about Cairn's boots (it was real late at night, sorry).

Cairn is at -1 hit points instead of -15.
[/sblock]

Remove ads