• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn reacts on the attack on Narvala pulling the lizard back toward him.
[sblock=Warden's Grasp]
(Immediate Reaction; at-will) ✦ Primal, Weapon
Trigger: Enemy marked by Cairn within 5 squares makes an attack that doesn't include him as target. Effect:Slide target 1 square. It is slowed and cannot shift TENT

[/sblock]

OOC: How did slowed lizard get so far from Cairn?

I just realized I didn't make a statement to you, [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] as I did to Scorpius. If Cairn ends his turn adjacent to enemies, they are all marked unless I state different markings. Sorry, I understand if you don't allow me to pull the lizard.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer

OOC: How did slowed lizard get so far from Cairn?

I just realized I didn't make a statement to you, [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] as I did to Scorpius. If Cairn ends his turn adjacent to enemies, they are all marked unless I state different markings. Sorry, I understand if you don't allow me to pull the lizard.

OOC: Players need to write down everything that their PC is doing. I'm currently DMing 3 games and trying to remember special things for each PC just isn't going to work at all. So for this round, the Lizardman is not marked.

Also, the Lizardman shifted 2 squares and the Hobgoblin shifted the Lizardman 2 squares, that's how he got so far.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern looks about at his foes, trying to decide a target. He keeps on the human, slashing with both of his axes.

OOC: Dwarven save vs prone 1d20=11
Move: Shift to H2, does the human have cover from me? I think that if Narvala would have known the push didn't work, she would not have sent Baern here :p

Minor: Off-hand strike 1d20+9=10 (nat 1)
Standard: Twin Strike 1d20+9=20 hits for 10 damage and 1d20+9=12 misses total plush Quarry damage is 16.

Assuming that Baern would be healed by Veruza this turn.

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern)

Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 14/47 Surges: 5/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Move: Shift to H2, does the human have cover from me? I think that if Narvala would have known the push didn't work, she would not have sent Baern here :p

OOC: The human does not have cover. The cover is for ranged attacks through the equipment and not for melee attacks in the next square over. I should have been more clear on that.

As for Narvala's action, it's really tough in PBP to say "Are you sure you want to do that?", especially after dice have been rolled. So, I am taking a bit of a more hardnosed approach to the rules than I would at a table game, but if I didn't, we'd all be waiting days for responses from others on questions. It's just quicker and easier for everyone in PBP to say "what you wanted to happen, didn't happen, let's move on". I really try to avoid retconning whenever possible.

drothgery

First Post
The Lizardman takes advantage of Narvala rushing into the room.

[sblock=OOC]
Note: Narvala's power does not push the foes. They are already 3 squares away from Narvala and a Push requires that each square pushed be further away than the previous square.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Umm... can you point to an official ruling on that? Unless D&D-world is really non-Euclidean rather than it just being a simplification to make combat movement math easier, that makes no sense. And cripples any power that pushes or pulls.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Umm... can you point to an official ruling on that? Unless D&D-world is really non-Euclidean rather than it just being a simplification to make combat movement math easier, that makes no sense. And cripples any power that pushes or pulls.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I don't know the page number, but I did check the Essentials Rules Compendium last night before posting.

Here is a link to a discussion. The second and third posts indicate the rules.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-discussion/273779-push-exactl-hoes-does-work.html

Also, note the "line of effect" rule in some of the later posts in this thread. Many people think that you can push or slide a foe over a cliff or around a corner and keep moving him. That's not true. Once line of effect stops, the forced movement stops as well.

Yes, 4E is non-Euclidean.

A Slide would have done what you wanted it to, but a Push wouldn't have.

And it doesn't actually cripple Push powers. For example, a 3 square Push power could push a foe diagonally to the left and then diagonally to the right and then back diagonally to the left, as long as each square pushed to is further away from the previous square from the origin point of the power.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: I learned how to use/abuse the push system with my Bard Wil Rando in l4w by just playing the angles, so you can almost slide but you need to be at least on the diagonal from your target. For example if Narvala was at J4 on the human, etc. The wall really prevents the first square of push in this case, which can be diagonal and then line them up to control better.

FourMonos

First Post
"Hey Cairn! What am I keeping in there anyway?"

[sblock=actions] Standard: Storm Pillar. The same location, which was originally D6. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Human Wizard lvl 4
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 4/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Baern you're better than these fools! Your blood flows with strength, give yourself to the power within! Divine will pours from Veruza, infusing the prayer with power and conviction, renewing Baerns fervor and focus.

Spinning again, the fullblade swings about the female kalashtar, as she seeks shelter in the corner of the room.

[sblock=OOC]

Minor Healing Word on Baern, he can spend a healing surge, and if he does so, he regains an additional 9hp

Move shift to F1

Standard Sonnlinor's Hammer on human,
19 vs AC
free action switch to radiant damage from sunblade,
12 radiant damage and the human takes a -4 penalty to next damage roll.

Roll lookup

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads