• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

drothgery

First Post
Narvala fires a bolt of radiant energy at Gurg, hoping to move him out of the way before she can move to aid Cairn. If she succeeds, she moves to his side.[sblock=ooc]minor: sustain wall of light
standard: Sun Strike vs. REF on Gurg. 24 vs REF should hit for 16 damage, so slide Gurg to J3.
move: (if hits) Move to J7 (this should be possible without provoking any OAs if Gurg has been moved to J3)[/sblock][sblock=ministat] Narvala—Female Human Invoker 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 20, Will: 22; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 29/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge: 12, Surges left: 4/6;
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning

Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri

Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar

Astral Step

Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke

Potion of Healing (had 2, now 1)
Holy Gauntlets

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Narvala had spent most of her life in Thrane, but she'd met a few Kalashtar before. If she remembered correctly, this would work...
"I can teleport us out into the hall. Do you think it would be a good idea?" She thought at Veruza.

OOC: It doesn't work in my game. To me, the Kalashtar language ability allows the Kalashtar to communicate with others (emphasizing the phrase "you can communicate"), it does not allow others to initiate communicate with the Kalashtar. Telepathy allows for two way communication (once the communication is started), but not the initiation of two way communication by non-telepathic creatures. The feat Groupmind Link allows for that. The Kalashtar can initiate two way communication, but other PCs cannot. And, the Kalashtar can only do so with one PC per round. The main reason for these restrictions is that the Groupmind Link becomes pretty much useless and not required if anyone can communicate at will with the Kalashtar and the Kalashtar can then pass a message on to anyone else in the group. Think of it as the Kalashtar has a cell phone with everyone's number on it and can call anyone within 5 squares, and everyone else has cell phones with nobody's number on them since they are not telepathic.

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Dude, lighten up a bit. You're complaining about overpowered powers and making ticky-tacky rulings in the midst of a combat where the PCs are getting slaughtered.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: It doesn't work in my game. To me, the Kalashtar language ability allows the Kalashtar to communicate with others (emphasizing the phrase "you can communicate"), it does not allow others to initiate communicate with the Kalashtar.

I agree he cannot communicate with anyone, just one person at a time, but that one cannot initiate contact? If you are not blind and someone's blinking toward you, you'll notice and pay attention (and thus, initiate communication))

Your game, your rules though, I'm not Kalashtar, I just want Gurg down :)
He should have less then 80hp and the lizard seems out of the fight. Let's just kill him!

CaBaNa

First Post
... Edit; Pending thoughts... Initial reaction was overly negative, gonna give it some time.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Baern just swings his one waraxe two handed, hoping to take out the big guy before they all fall.

Nyar stands up, his wand flashing out as he moves. The spectral hand that grabs the shaft of the war ax is almost invisible.

With a practiced spiral, the ax somersaults through the air and lands within hands reach of Baern.

"Feeling big now Gurg? You like picking on little girls? You're pathetic."

Leveling his wand, a bolt of silver energy strikes Gurg right in the head.

The quori spirit inside Veruza, in her moment of need, takes over. The sand begins to swirl around Veruza's feet, her eyes take on an ultra bright radiance, glowing bright red orbs of divine menace. The kalshtar clerics robes whip about as if battered by invisible winds, as she rises off the ground and spreads her arms wide.

Tilting her head back in a most unnatural fashion, Veruza began speaking in an unholy tone. Enemies of the turning age, once this body is gone, immortal nightmares unto you! My blood is the divine chalice of a being far beyond mortal minds, woe unto my enemies for we are unbreakable, we are undeniable, we are immortal!

The lizardman begins to doubt his chances of winning an eternal battle, visions fill his mind, endless rows of dead bodies, lizard children, lizard women, himself and his friends, visions of walking away from the arena just in time to be slain from an unseen source.

Gurg's mind is conflicted, the visions not much more of a nightmare than his everyday life. Still, the weight of the clerics divine willpower stayed Gurgs mighty hands.

Veruza floats lightly down to the ground again, near Nyar and the Lizardman We shall be at peace, and the age shall turn.

Narvala fires a bolt of radiant energy at Gurg, hoping to move him out of the way before she can move to aid Cairn. If she succeeds, she moves to his side.

The Lizardman looks at Veruza, shakes his head as if warring over his decision, looks at her again, and then moves to open the door and flee.

"Coom bak here youse stoopid fishman and kill the Jarasca." Gurg shouts. Gurg then moves in and swings at Veruza twice. Missing once, but catching the side of her head slightly as well.

Gurg then stops moving for a second and his voice changes "This is pointless. You have defeated my gladiators this time, but the next time will not be so easy. Come after me at your own peril heroes of Sharn, especially you Spawn of Quori."

Gurg blinks and stutters "Huh? What? Why Gurg fighting?"

[sblock=OOC]
Baern hits Gurg.

Nyar magic missiles Gurg.

Veruza intimidates the Lizardman.

Narvala hits Gurg.

Lizardman flees.

Gurg recharges grab power.

Grab recharges.

Gurg misses Veruza and hits Veruza for 2.

6+mods misses, 12+mods hits for 2.

Lizardman, 62, Bloodied, 2 temp hit points, fleeing
Gurg, 243, quarried by Baern, Bloodied
Cairn -6/63, Bloodied, prone, unconscious, dying
Baern 27/47
Nyar 16/33, Bloodied, 5 temp hit points
Narvala 29/46, 5 temp hit points
Veruza 1/40, Bloodied

It's the PC's turn.

Sand pit is difficult terrain. Weight benches and other equipment give cover bonus for ranged attacks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 2k.jpg
    Encounter 2k.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 68

drothgery

First Post
Narvala spends a moment to keep her Wall of Light active, then takes Cairn's potion of healing and pours into the living construct.
[sblock=ooc]minor: sustain Wall of Light:
move: (use a minor action) retrieve Cairn's potion
standard: administer potion of healing to Cairn
[/sblock][sblock=ministat] Narvala—Female Human Invoker 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 20, Will: 22; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 29/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge: 12, Surges left: 4/6;
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning

Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri

Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar

Astral Step

Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke

Potion of Healing (had 2, now 1)
Holy Gauntlets

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar keeps his wand leveled against Gurg as he steps back defensively.

"Are you trying to say you don't know why you are fighting us? You and your gladiators jumped us."

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Shift to F4.
Standard: Ready action: if Gurg makes any offensive movement or attack: Magic Missle: 10 damage, nonlethal.
[/sblock]

Remove ads