Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Nyar grimaces as Cairn falls. He steps back again from the lizardman.

"Keep it up ugly."

He levels his wand at Gurg. A small fireball engulfs him.

Moving for the door, and realizing the Lizard was blocking it, Veruza skirted by the two gladiators just out of reach.

Realizing there was no escape Veruza did the only thing she could, *SCREEEEEEECH* I'LL KILL YOU! The unnatural cry was deafening! Divine bolts, red and white, arced from Veruza's holy symbol at Gurg. NONE SHALL SURVIVE!

With Veruza moving forward, Narvala moves back, hoping that between Veruza and Baern they can hold off Gurg (and revive Cairn again) while she and Nyar take care of the lizardman. Taking out the weakest targets first did not exactly conform to classic rules of honorable fighting, but as her old mentor Rave Askarda had told a very junior artillery officer in what seemed like another lifetime, the goal of battle was not to die honorably for faith or country. It was to make the other guys do that.

Baern finally gets up and draws another handaxe. He pitches it at the Lizardman before moving in on his quarry with his waraxe.

"Kill the Jarasca healer." Gurg shouts to the Lizardman. The Lizardman moves in, setting up Gurg. Gurg squeezes Veruza heavily, knocking the breath out of her. Taking advantage of the distraction, the Lizardman stabs Veruza in the chest. Gurg then slams Veruza into Nyar, knocking them both to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]
Nyar hits Gurg.

Veruza hits Gurg for 10 (half damage weakened).

Narvala hits the Lizardman.

Baern misses both Gurg and the Lizardman.

Lizardman moves in and readies an action.

Gurg recharges grab power.

6 recharges.

Gurg criticals and grabs Veruza.

20 crits for 19.

Lizardman criticals Veruza.

20 crits for 14.

Gurg hits Nyar with Veruza for no damage to either one, but both are knocked prone.

12+mods hits.

Note: I need a death saving throw from Cairn at the beginning of the PC's turns.

Lizardman, 62, Bloodied, 2 temp hit points
Gurg, 199, quarried by Baern, Bloodied
Cairn -6/63, Bloodied, prone, unconscious, dying
Baern 27/47
Nyar 16/33, Bloodied, 5 temp hit points, prone
Narvala 29/46, 5 temp hit points
Veruza 3/40, Bloodied, prone

It's the PC's turn.

Sand pit is difficult terrain. Weight benches and other equipment give cover bonus for ranged attacks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 2j.jpg
    Encounter 2j.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern just swings his one waraxe two handed, hoping to take out the big guy before they all fall.

OOC: Whee, fun. Uh, don't suppose there is any way to FORCE these guys to provoke an AoO. Apparently the Opportunistic feature sucks (it is one of the most expensive features too)

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar stands up, his wand flashing out as he moves. The spectral hand that grabs the shaft of the war ax is almost invisible.

With a practiced spiral, the ax somersaults through the air and lands within hands reach of Baern.

"Feeling big now Gurg? You like picking on little girls? You're pathetic."

Leveling his wand, a bolt of silver energy strikes Gurg right in the head.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Stand.
Minor: Mage Hand. Move Baern's ax from H1 to his square.
Standard: Magic Missle: Gurg takes 10 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Human Wizard lvl 4
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 16/33 +5 THP Surges: 3/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
The quori spirit inside Veruza, in her moment of need, takes over. The sand begins to swirl around Veruza's feet, her eyes take on an ultra bright radiance, glowing bright red orbs of divine menace. The kalshtar clerics robes whip about as if battered by invisible winds, as she rises off the ground and spreads her arms wide.

Tilting her head back in a most unnatural fashion, Veruza began speaking in an unholy tone. Enemies of the turning age, once this body is gone, immortal nightmares unto you! My blood is the divine chalice of a being far beyond mortal minds, woe unto my enemies for we are unbreakable, we are undeniable, we are immortal!

The lizardman begins to doubt his chances of winning an eternal battle, visions fill his mind, endless rows of dead bodies, lizard children, lizard women, himself and his friends, visions of walking away from the arena just in time to be slain from an unseen source.

Gurg's mind is conflicted, the visions not much more of a nightmare than his everyday life. Still, the weight of the clerics divine willpower stayed Gurgs mighty hands.

Veruza floats lightly down to the ground again, near Nyar and the Lizardman We shall be at peace, and the age shall turn.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard Intimidate room of enemies
34 vs will Lizardman
22 vs will Gurg

Minor Sustain Astral Condemnation

Move Stand

(I thought, "Veruza will never use intimidate in combat, it would make things too easy..." until I was in this combat, which has looked close to TPK and thought, "F:rant:ck it")

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStat]

REMEMBER: When Allies that see Veruza spend an action point to make an attack, they gain a +3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit, or gain 3 temporary hit points on a miss. Yes Veruza must be conscious for you to benefit. No she does not need to spend an AP in the same encounter as you.

Veruza XP 3750 Female Kalashtar Cleric 4

Medium natural humanoid Initiative +2
Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 17

HP 3/40, Bloodied 20, Surge Value 10, Surges 2/8

AC 19; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 20
Saving Throws +0

Speed 5

Second Wind: Used
Action Point Total: 0
At-will powers: Astral Seal, Sonnlinor's Hammer
Encounter powers: Command, Healing Word (used once), Bastion of Mental Clarity, Divine Skill, Provocative Order

Channel divinity powers: Healer's Mercy, Divine Fortune

Daily powers: Astral Condemnation

Item powers: Lucky Charm, Sunblade Fullblade

Always uses Bastion of Mental Clarity when attacked vs. Will

[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc](I thought, "Veruza will never use intimidate in combat, it would make things too easy..." until I was in this combat, which has looked close to TPK and thought, "F:rant:ck it")
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Well, if you want to bug out, Narvala can probably give us enough of a head start by teleporting everyone out of melee with her last daily...[/sblock]
Narvala had spent most of her life in Thrane, but she'd met a few Kalashtar before. If she remembered correctly, this would work...
"I can teleport us out into the hall. Do you think it would be a good idea?" She thought at Veruza.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
*I hear you Narvala,* the telepathic communication comes naturally to Veruza, she responds in kind, *We can't leave without the pile of rubble in the sand pit, and he doesn't look like he can run. The lizard looks like the fight has gone out of him, kill Gurg and we can walk out.*

Last edited:

Remove ads