Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

CaBaNa

First Post
Mending flesh and bone jars Veruza, she begins to lose control...

Idon'twanttodie Idon'twanttodie Idon'twanttodie IDON'TWANTTODIE IDON'TWANTTODIE WE'RENOTGOINGTODIE WE'RENOTGOINGTODIE screams Veruza panicked, covered in her own blood, and freaking out. The quori spirit inside of the poor girl began pulsing to the rhythm of her frantic chanting, focusing Veruza's divine energy, and directing it through the holy symbol around the girls neck.

In one motion the kalashtar went from prone to standing, as if the floor had thrown the girl up. Her eyes dart in all directions as she takes in the new situation...

[sblock=OOC]

Standard Healers Mercy, all bloodied allies within burst 5 can spend a HS and regain an additional 5 Hp if they do so. Veruza is weakened until the end of her next turn.

Minor healing word on self Surge plus 11, Veruza, and all allies within 5, gain 5 Temp HP.

Move Stand up from Prone

Ending party status;
Cairn 37/63, 5 Thp
Baern 27/47 5 Thp (includes surge spent from nat 20 on DS)
Nyar 16/33 5 Thp
Narvala 29/46 5 Thp
Veruza 31/40 5 Thp

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStat]

REMEMBER: When Allies that see Veruza spend an action point to make an attack, they gain a +3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit, or gain 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

Veruza XP 3750 Female Kalashtar Cleric 4

Medium natural humanoid Initiative +2
Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 17

5 Thp, HP 31/40, Bloodied 20, Surge Value 10, Surges 2/8

AC 19; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 20 (does not include bonus from wall of light)
Saving Throws +0

Speed 5

Second Wind: Used
Action Point Total: 0
At-will powers: Astral Seal, Sonnlinor's Hammer
Encounter powers: Command, Healing Word (used once), Bastion of Mental Clarity, Divine Skill, Provocative Order

Channel divinity powers: Healer's Mercy, Divine Fortune

Daily powers: Astral Condemnation

Item powers: Lucky Charm, Sunblade Fullblade
[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
With Veruza back on her feet, Narvala stepped away from her to avoid providing two targets in close proximity. Then she pointed her staff at a spot just behind the hobgoblin. White lightning shot out from the spot, striking both of them, and crackling around as if the wrong move would cause them to be shocked again.

[sblock=ooc]
minor: sustain Wall of Light
move: move to I1
standard: Vanguard's Lightning vs REF; area burst 1 centered on K5 (Grug and the hobgoblin should be in the area of effect). Both should be hit; 11 damage; whenever they make opportunity attacks before the end of Narvala's next turn, they take 3 lightning damage.
[/sblock][sblock=Narvala] Narvala—Female Human Invoker 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 20, Will: 22; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 29/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge: 12, Surges left: 4/6;
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning

Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri

Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar

Astral Step

Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke

Potion of Healing (had 2, now 1)
Holy Gauntlets

[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern feels the healing energy surge through him, still lying down.Thank you, Veruza!

OOC: Ignore rolls.

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 27/47 Surges: 1/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Narvala drops the Hobgoblin. In a last desperate act, the Hobgoblin swings his halberd at Baern and Cairn, missing Baern, but slashing Cairn across the shins.

[sblock=OOC]

Note: Baern already took his turn this round. He did the death saving throw as his only action for the round.

Hobgoblin misses Baern and hits Cairn for 16.

3+mods misses, 12+mods hits for 16.

Cairn 26/63, Bloodied
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Merry Christmas! I still don't understand the 4e rules for 0hp vs -1hp.

OOC: Merry Christmas! There is no significant difference between 0 and -1. They are both unconscious and dying.

OOC: Neurotic, the reason Baern can do +8 damage is that he can hold the Waraxe in two hands after throwing, it is versatile. (they changed Throw/Stab and I thought I had the text right, I will double check.

OOC: He could if the power allowed it. It's a single action. For all intents and purposes, he has a weapon in each hand for the entire action. The throw, the move, and the MBA are not separate actions.

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone [/sblock]

Nyar puts himself between the lizardman and the cleric.

"This is your last chance Lizardman, make your escape now. Glurg is going down and you are going with him unless you flee."

[sblock=actions] Well, intimidate 5 is not likley going to cut it...
Move: Shift to G5
Standard: Intimidate.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Human Wizard lvl 4
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 16/33 +5 THP Surges: 3/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Thanks, KarinsDad for bloodying Cairn again, I thought it could happen that Veruza heals him before he gets his damage bonus and hp, but couldn't find the time except for short greeting.

Cairn moves toward the sandpit and swings his weapon in an overhead arc, but his support leg slips into the sandpit and the blow goes awry, striking dead body of the goblinoid leader.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Mark Gurg, regenerate 5hp
Move: Shift to I5
Standard: Weight of Earth vs Gurg AC; Damage (1d20+10+2+1=17, 1d10+5+4=15)
Minor: Retrieve Healing potion
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Mending flesh and bone jars Veruza, she begins to lose control...

Idon'twanttodie Idon'twanttodie Idon'twanttodie IDON'TWANTTODIE IDON'TWANTTODIE WE'RENOTGOINGTODIE WE'RENOTGOINGTODIE screams Veruza panicked, covered in her own blood, and freaking out. The quori spirit inside of the poor girl began pulsing to the rhythm of her frantic chanting, focusing Veruza's divine energy, and directing it through the holy symbol around the girls neck.

In one motion the kalashtar went from prone to standing, as if the floor had thrown the girl up. Her eyes dart in all directions as she takes in the new situation...

With Veruza back on her feet, Narvala stepped away from her to avoid providing two targets in close proximity. Then she pointed her staff at a spot just behind the hobgoblin. White lightning shot out from the spot, striking both of them, and crackling around as if the wrong move would cause them to be shocked again.

Baern feels the healing energy surge through him, still lying down.Thank you, Veruza!

Narvala drops the Hobgoblin. In a last desperate act, the Hobgoblin swings his halberd at Baern and Cairn, missing Baern, but slashing Cairn across the shins.

Nyar puts himself between the lizardman and the cleric.

"This is your last chance Lizardman, make your escape now. Glurg is going down and you are going with him unless you flee."

Cairn moves toward the sandpit and swings his weapon in an overhead arc, but his support leg slips into the sandpit and the blow goes awry, striking dead body of the goblinoid leader.

The Lizardman shows the first set of emotion that he has shown the entire time. He smiles at Nyar, showing his massively large incisors. But when he swings at Nyar, he misses.

"Get away from me Rock Man." Gurg says as he punchs Cairn twice, knocking him unconscious into the sand pit. Gurg then starts advancing towards Narvala.

[sblock=OOC]
Narvala hits both the Hobgoblin and Gurg.

Nyar does not intimidate the Lizardman.

Cairn does not hit Gurg.

The Lizardman misses Nyar.

4+mods misses.

Gurg's grab power does not recharge.

Gurg's grab power does not recharge.

Gurg hits Cairn for 16 and for 11.

13+mods hits for 16, 14+mods hits for 11.

Gurg knocks Cairn out.

10 more damage for getting hit twice.

Note: I need a death saving throw from Cairn at the beginning of the PC's turns.

Lizardman, 62, Bloodied, 10 temp hit points
Hobgoblin, dead
Gurg, 174, quarried by Baern, Bloodied
Cairn -6/63, Bloodied, prone, unconscious, dying
Baern 27/47, prone
Nyar 16/33, Bloodied, 5 temp hit points
Narvala 29/46, 5 temp hit points
Veruza 31/40, 5 temp hit points, weakened

It's the PC's turn.

Sand pit is difficult terrain. Weight benches and other equipment give cover bonus for ranged attacks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 2i.jpg
    Encounter 2i.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 56

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn shouldn't be knocked out.
By my account:
Cairn 37/63, 5 Thp
- 16 from hobgoblin = 26hp
+ 5 regeneration
--
- 16 and for 11
---
= 4

Did I miss something? That comment about being hit twice?

Remove ads