Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

FourMonos

First Post
"They always choose the hard way."

He walks closer to Baern's protective reach. "Let's see if we can even the odds and save the golem some time."

His circles his wand opposite the normal fire spewing direction.
[sblock=actions] Move: Move to P 21.
Standard: Sleep to M17, burst 2, +8 versus Will. Roll order Hob 1, Hob 2, Lizardman
1d20+8 → [10,8] = (18)
1d20+8 → [12,8] = (20)
1d20+8 → [9,8] = (17)
Roll Lookup [/sblock]

He also shouts some encouragement to the stone being.
[sblock=primordial] Fight on Stone Guardian! We fight together! [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, lvl 4 Wizard
Status/Conditions: +3 vs. OA
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 23/33 Surges: 3/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep

Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos)#Summary [/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern looks over his shoulder at Nyar. Sorry, wizard, but Dalvach needs our help more now. The dwarf moves over to his ally quickly and mutters Let the end begin. He looks at the two hobgoblins, sizing them up. He swings out the two axes and brings them together on the hobgoblin with the halbard.

[sblock=OOC]Move: Walk to M19
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Hobgoblin Halbard
Standard: Jaws of the Wolf, first against spear and if he drops then halbard
1d20+9=20 (vs AC) 2d12+7=25 (half damage on a miss) and 1d20+9=16 for 2d12+7=29 and 1d6=6 on either hit

Note I will use Disruptive Strike on any attack on me or Dalvach
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 23/47 Surges: 5/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=actions]Standard: Sleep to M17, burst 2, +8 versus Will. Roll order Hob 1, Hob 2, Lizardman
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I'm going to assume that Hob 1 and Hob 2 refers to the Hob Spear and Hob Halberd from the initiative order since there is no Hob 1 or Hob 2.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] You are correct KD, I numbered them according to how they were listed in initiative , Hob 1 = spear and Hob 2 = halberd. However, I will try to be more careful and specific in the future.
Also I'll ready my Bracers of Escape to trigger if attacked (melee), teleporting to either N20 or the safest spot next to it.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Stone warden climbs up last few feet and stands tall.

The sound, rumbling, like the beginning of an avalanche starts and after a second it resolves in recognizable speech
"Surrender now, drop prone or suffer the consequences."

Unaware of amplifying property of the area the volume of his voice raises until it thunders over the arena.

"Gladiators! Your drug lord fled, there will be no more drug for you unless you turn and get to the stash before he disappears with it. It's your only chance to survive the wrath of Eberron."

OOC: I'll roll the attack against the three, Cairn will NOT attack anyone who drops prone even if that means that part of the attack must be redirected (In priority, anyone attacking cairn, thiefling, elf, Aud in that order) - if Cairn can see changeling and he's in the range, redirect primary attack on him, the rest is the same.

He strikes at the adjacent thiefling with terrible blow that resonates ober battlefield and the very stones of the platform buckle and push the others off.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Perception; Insight (1d20+8=20, 1d20+3=20) - pick one more appropriate for looking for the changeling

Move: Climb to V15

Free: Mark the thiefling

Standard: Thunderram assault primary vs Thiefling AC (1d20+10=30, 1d10+5=11) CRIT for 15 thunder damage - pushed to Q14
Thunderram secondary vs Fort (Elf, Aud, Thief) (1d20+10=18, 1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=28) - pushed 1 square off the platform

Thunderram secondary damage (1d6+1=3)

Saves vs falling (thiefling, thiefling, Aud, Elf) (1d20=19, 1d20=9, 1d20=7, 1d20=15)

thielfling fall prone in T14 and is subsequently pushed off in S14 and falls, Aud is pushed to S13 and falls, elf is prone in his square.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Veruza, the Golem-like creature just climbed up on the platform. It then attacked everyone up there with a shower of stone. It knocked Audrey the 40 feet off the platform to the hard stone surface below.

Your sister looks seriously injured and possibly dead. She's not moving.

Hey! A plot hook for free, thanks Neurotic! :eek:

[sblock=Update]
Hobgoblin with Halberd and Lizardman are hit and slowed by Nyar's Sleep spell.

Hobgoblin with Spear is missed, but still slowed by Nyar's Sleep spell.

Both attacks from Bearn miss the Hobgoblin with the Spear.

Nobody sees the Changeling. He appears to have successfully blended into the crowd.

None of the NPCs will purposely be dropping prone and Audrey is being held, so she cannot. So, Cairn's action will go as posted. This is the equivalent of a readied action (waiting for the NPCs to surrender), so it will go off immediately before the NPCs' turn and at the very end of the PCs' turn.

Tiefling 18 fall damage, Audrey 23 fall damage

The Tiefling falls into square S1 and took 15 plus 3 plus 18 damage = 36 damage.

Audrey falls into square S3 and took 3 plus 23 damage = 26 damage.

The Elf does not fall and is prone in V12.

I won't bother to update the map until after the NPC's turn.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Ok, I missed the fact that modest hasn't posted for two months. I sent him a PM, but I'm not going to wait for him to post since he might not see the PM for days or weeks. If anyone knows how to contact him, please do so. In the meantime, I'll be NPCing him.

So, Dalvach took 2 healing surges, was at full hit points, is currently at 30 hit points, gave 5 temp hit points to both Baern and Nyar, and recovered the Ardent Surge encounter power. My bad for not noticing this earlier. Also, I missed the fact that Hob Halberd marked Dalvach last round, but that's no big deal since I'm NPCing Dalvach this round.

Also, please post your mini-stat blocks each turn. Thanks.

Veruza makes her way up the stadium seating, rudely shoving people to move quickly. Scanning the crowd for the changeling the entire way, she was trying to formulate a plan, but was too far away to help her sister or her friends.

[sblock=OOC]
Move N1

Minor Perception 25 Insight 29 Find the Changeling

Standard=Total Defense +2 to all defenses
[/sblock]

Unfortunately for Veruza, the Changeling was out of sight when it attempted to change shape and hide in the crowd. By the time Veruza gets to the top of the stairs, all she sees is a sea of people at the far side.

Veruza steadies herself for the inevitable attack.

"They always choose the hard way."

He walks closer to Baern's protective reach. "Let's see if we can even the odds and save the golem some time."

His circles his wand opposite the normal fire spewing direction.
[sblock=actions] Move: Move to P 21.
Standard: Sleep to M17, burst 2, +8 versus Will. Roll order Hob 1, Hob 2, Lizardman
1d20+8 ? [10,8] = (18)
1d20+8 ? [12,8] = (20)
1d20+8 ? [9,8] = (17)
Roll Lookup [/sblock]

He also shouts some encouragement to the stone being.
[sblock=primordial] Fight on Stone Guardian! We fight together! [/sblock]

[sblock=Hobgoblin Resilience save]
Immediate save vs. slow by Hobgoblin Spear. 19 saves.
[/sblock]

Baern looks over his shoulder at Nyar. Sorry, wizard, but Dalvach needs our help more now. The dwarf moves over to his ally quickly and mutters Let the end begin. He looks at the two hobgoblins, sizing them up. He swings out the two axes and brings them together on the hobgoblin with the halbard.

[sblock=OOC]Move: Walk to M19
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Hobgoblin Halbard
Standard: Jaws of the Wolf, first against spear and if he drops then halbard
1d20+9=20 (vs AC) 2d12+7=25 (half damage on a miss) and 1d20+9=16 for 2d12+7=29 and 1d6=6 on either hit

Note I will use Disruptive Strike on any attack on me or Dalvach

I can still use that Hunter's Quarry on the spear if he attacks me or Dalvach. Disrupting strike is 1d20+9=24 vs AC for 1d12+7=16 damage plus HQ 6
[/sblock]

Stone warden climbs up last few feet and stands tall.

The sound, rumbling, like the beginning of an avalanche starts and after a second it resolves in recognizable speech
"Surrender now, drop prone or suffer the consequences."

Unaware of amplifying property of the area the volume of his voice raises until it thunders over the arena.

"Gladiators! Your drug lord fled, there will be no more drug for you unless you turn and get to the stash before he disappears with it. It's your only chance to survive the wrath of Eberron."

OOC: I'll roll the attack against the three, Cairn will NOT attack anyone who drops prone even if that means that part of the attack must be redirected (In priority, anyone attacking cairn, thiefling, elf, Aud in that order) - if Cairn can see changeling and he's in the range, redirect primary attack on him, the rest is the same.

He strikes at the adjacent thiefling with terrible blow that resonates ober battlefield and the very stones of the platform buckle and push the others off.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Perception; Insight (1d20+8=20, 1d20+3=20) - pick one more appropriate for looking for the changeling

Move: Climb to V15

Free: Mark the thiefling

Standard: Thunderram assault primary vs Thiefling AC (1d20+10=30, 1d10+5=11) CRIT for 15 thunder damage - pushed to Q14
Thunderram secondary vs Fort (Elf, Aud, Thief) (1d20+10=18, 1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=28) - pushed 1 square off the platform

Thunderram secondary damage (1d6+1=3)

Saves vs falling (thiefling, thiefling, Aud, Elf) (1d20=19, 1d20=9, 1d20=7, 1d20=15)

thielfling fall prone in T14 and is subsequently pushed off in S14 and falls, Aud is pushed to S13 and falls, elf is prone in his square.
[/sblock]

Veruza, the Golem-like creature just climbed up on the platform. It then attacked everyone up there with a shower of stone. It knocked Audrey the 40 feet off the platform to the hard stone surface below.

Your sister looks seriously injured and possibly dead. She's not moving.

AUDREY! screams Veruza, feeling helpless watching the spectacle before her.

Dalvach doesn't say anything. He just grits his teeth and attacks the Hobgoblin with the Spear. But, he misses being distracted by the Hobgoblin with the Halbard.

As the fight moves up to the platform, the crowd starts surging towards the exits. It's one thing to watch the slaughter, it's another to become part of it.

The Lizardman charges Baern, stabbing him viciously in the chest. But, Nyar's spell finally overcomes the Lizardman and he falls over and takes a nap.

"Ignore that one. This one is wounded. Kill him." the Hobgoblin with the Spear yells out. His command allows the Hobgoblin with the Halberd to encircle Baern. Baern parries and stabs the Hobgoblin with the Spear, but the Hobgoblin with the Halbard slashes Baern's calf.

"Open the gates. Let me out of here." the Tiefling yells as he moves to the north gate. The Elf also gets up, pulls out her sword, and enters into the crowd.

[sblock=OOC]
Darvach attacks Hobgoblin with Spear. He then shifts away.

15 misses

Lizardman charges Baern and hits for 14-5=9.

19+mod hits, 14 damage- 5 damage temp hit points = 9 damage

saving throw 2, fails

johnmeier1, I forgot Baern's movement on the map at first, so Lizardman charged him instead of Dalvach.

Hobgoblin Spear shifts Hobgoblin Halberd around for flank and then attacks.

would hit normally, but Disruptive Strike prevents it from hitting.

Hobgoblin Halberd hits Baern for 8.

16+mod hits. 8 damage

saving throw 15, succeeds

Tiefling gets up and moves away.

The Elf gets up and moves away.

Enemy Round 2

21; Cairn; V15; 63/63;
16; Nyar; P21; 26/33; 5 temp hit points
15; Baern; M19; 6/47; Bloodied, marked by Hobgoblin Halberd
13; Enemies;
Lizardman; N18; 0; unconscious (save ends), prone
Hobgoblin Spear; L19; 51; Bloodied
Hobgoblin Halberd; N19; 10; Quarried by Baern
Tiefling; O8; 36; Bloodied, marked by Cairn
Elf; Y11; 3;
Audrey; S13; 26; Bloodied, prone, possibly dead or dying
11; Dalvach; N21; 30/43;
8; Veruza; N1; 40/40;, +2 to all defenses TENT

White boxes are doors or portcullises. Wavy lines are curtains. The walls are 35 ft and lined with spikes, except on the platform. That's 40 ft and lined with spikes.

Climb DC for Walls is 16. Or 10 with a rope. 22 to get over the spikes safely.

Ok, this took me about 3 hours to put together, so if you see any mistakes, let me know. It's the PCs' turns.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dalvach's Mini-stats]
Triggers- Ardent Mantle: Mantle of Clarity. Allies within 5 get +3 to all defenses against opportunity attacks. +2 to

Perception and Insight checks. Status:Bloodied Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 22
AC: 21 NAD:16/13/17 HP: 30/43 Surges: 5/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1 Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:18 Powers:

At-Will-Melee basic, Ire Strike, Prescient Strike, Energizing Strike Encounter: Fey Strike Craghammer, Ardent Surge

Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Endure Pain, Wormhole Plunge, Targeting Repeating Crossbow

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 1b.jpg
    Encounter 1b.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 291

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Hey everyone, heard something about KD getting this quest moving again. KD you npc'ing my char is fine, obviously I wasn't there so no complaints. If it's alright I'll hop back in whenever it's the PCs turn again. Sorry I've been away for a while. Good to be back in Eberron. Thanks KD and thanks to everyone else for being patient.[/sblock]

Remove ads