• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Mri'thas crit damage 8[/sblock]

Ts'iri blasts as many of the dwarves as possible before they can move. The fire rolls over them, burning a couple. The priest is hit hard, though not as hard as you would have thought. One of the miners seems overwhelmed and falls.

[sblock=OCC]
Surprise action: Scorching Burst centered on F8

1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=11, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=12, 1d6+6=8
1d8=8

Crit on Duergar Priest for 20 fire damage, 24 vs ref of Duergar Miner 1, 12 vs ref of Duergar Miner 2 and 11 vs ref of Duergar Trooper. Non crit damage is 8 fire damage. **Misses Miner 2 and Trooper. Miner 1 is dead.**
[/sblock]

The Duergar all turn towards the group, well aware of your presence now. They can't quite compose themselves before many other party members. One does let out a cry of alarm however.

"Intruders!"

Soldier rushes forward and charges the trooper, attempting to silence him.

[sblock=Action Details]
Move Action: to K9
Standard Action:charge trooper@G7(so Soldier move to H7 via charge)(hits AC 25 for 8 damage, the trooper is marked and Soldier gains 4 thp)
Minor Action:N/A
[/sblock]

Jarel-karn charge himself up with the power of the storm as mark the miner next to him before releasing all his energy to the Trooper. The lightning bounce to the priest who easily evade the blow.

As the trooper's own blood drips down it's body, it grows an evil grin. The blood soaks into it's grey skin, and its muscle's suddenly rip and bulge, forcing both Soldier and Jarel-karn back. The mighty warrior re-grips his maul, suddenly looking down at the two fighters.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor:Promise Strom
Move: Mark Miner at G9
Standard: Ligtning Clash vs Trooper (1d20+11=31) Crit for Critical (1d6=5) extra damage. Total: 29 lightning damage.

Secondary Attack vs Refl on Priest (1d20+11=13, 1d6+1d8+8=20) Probably miss. Well, can't complains for keeping my critical. **Miss**

**This causes the Trooper to become bloodied, which in turn, triggers expand. Soldier is pushed back to I7. Jarel to H9.**
[/SBLOCK]

Jams moves forward, hurrying after the other fighters. He brandishes his hammer, waiting for a moment to strike.

----------------------------------

Initiative

Round 1

27* - Jams - I9 - Acted
22 - Callen - M19
22 - Kama'zer - N16 -
17 - Soldier - I7 - Acted
16 - Jarel-Karn - H9 - Acted
16 - Mri'thas - O19
16 - Enemies
Duergar Miner 2 - G9 - 1/1 hp - Marked
Duergar Miner 3 - D11 - 1/1 hp -
Duergar Trooper - G7/H8 - 39/84 - Marked, Bloodied
Duergar Priest - E7 - -15 hp
15 - Montroya - N18
9 - Ts'iri - M17

*You do not have to wait for Jams to post, to make your post. Just pretend he's a really low level, poor quality, player.

Stats
Duergar Miner
R 14
Duergar Priest
Resist Fire 5
R 16
Duergar Trooper
AC 18

Map

[sblock=map]
2Temple04.png
[/sblock]

The walls are well carved and the ceilings have risen to 30 ft in height. The door near the duergar is 15 ft tall and closed.

Lava hurts.

The Priest is wearing hide, a steel claw on a necklace, ash war paint, and has a warhammer.

The troopers wear chainmail and wield mauls.

The miners wear Leather, and wield picks.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer moves forward next to Soldier and slashes at the overgrown trooper in front of them. Hitting the already bloodied Duergar, she provides enough distraction to help Soldier to better hit it as well...

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= 51/51 hp
Move= to I8
Standard= Warlords Favor vs. Duergar Trooper AC18 (1d20+13=23, 2d8+6=19) Hits AC23 for 19 damage and Soldier gets a +4 power bonus to attack rolls against the Duergar Trooper until the end of Kama'zers next turn.
End= 51/51 hp
[sblock=stat block]Kama'zer Anma'giduu- Female Githyanki Warlord 6
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +14, Init: +11
AC: 21, Fort: 19, Reflex: 18, Will: 17 -- Speed: 5
HP: 51/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Attack +2 Githyanki Silver Longsword +13 vs AC 1d8+6 damage -- Crit = 8+2d8+6 dmg
:branged: Ranged Basic Attack Javelin +10 vs AC 1d6+4 damage Range 10/20 -- Hvy Thrown
Powers- Opening Shove, Wolf Pack Tactics,
Warlord's Favor, Inspiring Word x2, Telekinetic Leap, Steel Monsoon, Aid the Injured
Lead the Attack, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough
Githyanki Silver Longsword- Foe Banishing(Daily), Exalted Armor(Daily), Cloak of Resistance(Daily), Shield of Bashing(Daily), Luckbender Gloves(Encounter), Githyanki Silver Longsword- psychic damage(At-Will)
Combat notes:-Commanding (Tactical) Presence: When ally who can see warlord spends an action point to make an attack, they gain +1 bonus on attack roll (1/2 Int modifier) and +3 bonus to damage from Tactical Assault feat[/sblock][/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mri'Thas sees the cluster of enemies and decides to take advantage of that. He quickly draws a gliph in the air with rutilant powder from his component pouch. The powder remains floating and as the wizard chants the spell, the gliph turns into a vortex, concentrating energy in the centre and sending sparks and arcing lightnings to the walls. The centre of the vortex grows bigger and is expelled by the last moves and words of the githyanki. The orb of lightming passes over Kama'Zer, making her hair curl with the static.
The shocking sphere crashes amidst the enemies, shocking them with electricity.

Shock sphere at F8 11, 20 and 21 vs ref for 14 dmg

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC: Voda, May I suggest you instead target E9, as then you don't target Jarel and Jams with the shock sphere, + you also targets the remaining enemies, how about that?

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Kama'zer moves forward next to Soldier and slashes at the overgrown trooper in front of them. Hitting the already bloodied Duergar, she provides enough distraction to help Soldier to better hit it as well.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= 51/51 hp
Move= to I8
Standard= Warlords Favor vs. Duergar Trooper AC18 (1d20+13=23, 2d8+6=19) Hits AC23 for 19 damage and Soldier gets a +4 power bonus to attack rolls against the Duergar Trooper until the end of Kama'zers next turn.
End= 51/51 hp
[/sblock]

Mri'Thas sees the cluster of enemies and decides to take advantage of that. He quickly draws a gliph in the air with rutilant powder from his component pouch. The powder remains floating and as the wizard chants the spell, the gliph turns into a vortex, concentrating energy in the centre and sending sparks and arcing lightnings to the walls. The centre of the vortex grows bigger and is expelled by the last moves and words of the githyanki. The orb of lightming passes over Kama'Zer, making her hair curl with the static.
The shocking sphere crashes amidst the enemies, shocking them with electricity.

[sblock=ooc]Shock sphere at F8 11, 20 and 21 vs ref for 14 dmg

**I'm going to put this at E9 for now. I can't see any advantage to leaving it where it is and Mri'thas didn't roll vs Jarel and Jams so I bet there was a mistype/confusion somewhere. Next time, I would like it if you specified which attack roll is for which enemy in the notes on IC.

I'm going to use clockwise for now. That means it misses the priest hits the trooper and kills the miner at G9. 15 vs Ref, of the recently added miner hits as well and kills him.**[/sblock]

Observing the scene unfold Callen takes a moment to scratch his chin nonetheless. Observing the natural resistance to fire that these creatures show, he launches a basic burst of arcane energy at the largest one remaining hoping to learn more quickly.

His aim seems to be off, an odd occurrence. He scratches his chin yet again.

[sblock=ooc]
Move to N11
Magic Missile vs Trooper. 15 vs Reflex, Misses[/sblock]

The doors next to Soldier suddenly open revealing a small contingent of dwarves behind. The front line grasps pick axes, and delay for a moment, seeing the warforged immediately in front of the door.

"Move forward you cowards! Make way for my maul!" They each take a stab toward Soldier before attempting the treacherous journey between their allies now massive legs. To his credit, Soldier eyes them carefully and takes a swing at each as they attempt. At the end of the first wave, three more had fallen and none had damaged the steel warrior. The remaining two think they are free but neither expect the quick strokes of Kama'zer's blade.

As the second line advances forward, the now enlarged and enraged Duergar takes a swing with his Maul at Jarel-karn. Soldier takes advantage yet again, sweeping in toward the gray dwarves gut, spilling it over the floor.

Two more troopers reach the doorway, each taking a swing, and one connecting solidly. A third tries to rush past but Soldier hits him hard, even with the pressure mounting on one side. The trooper still manages to stumble further in.

A second priest is revealed further in. He raises a charred holy symbol toward the party. "Kill them! Kill them all! We must not let them reach the main area!"

The priest in the main room summons a fog of vile poison as if on cue. Jams and Jarel-karn quickly try to cover their mouths but are washed over ill, the light taken from their eyes. Kama'zer seems somewhat immune but not from the priests wicked quills. One sticks her in the throat and she feels her veins burn.

The other priest finishes his incantation catching the heroes, and even one trooper in a sudden burst of flame. Both the trooper and Jarel are knocked to the ground by the sheer force. The priest follows up by hurling a quill deftly at Soldier but it just seems to bounce off a metal area of his skin.

[sblock=ooc]My turn.
5 Duergar Miners attack Soldier. All Miss
Soldier AOs each as they move past. 3 died
The remaining two provoke OAs from Kama'zer. both dead

Trooper 1 vs Jarel-Karn
Interrupted by Soldier. [http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2467917/]21 vs AC, 7[/url] damage. Dead. Clearly I've had better ideas than that.
Trooper 2 vs Soldier. 11 vs AC, Miss
Trooper 3 vs Soldier. 23 vs AC, 15 damage.
Trooper 4 moves past Soldier causing an OA. Hits AC 18, for 18 damage.

Priest 1: Vile Fumes vs Fort. 10 vs Kama, Miss, 17 vs Jarel, hit, and 23 vs Jams, hit. 9 poison damage and blinded till Priest 1's next turn.
Priest 1, Infernal Quills vs Kama. 21 vs AC, Hit, 11 Poison damage. 2 ongoing poison and -2 to attack rolls (save ends both)
Moves to A7

Priest 2 uses Brimstone Burst vs Reflex. 26 vs Trooper 4, hit, 12 vs Soldier, Miss, 17 vs Kama'zer, Miss, 21 vs Jarel-Karn, Hit. 20 fire damage (trooper resists 5) and knocked prone.
Priest 2 uses infernal quills vs Soldier. 22 vs AC, miss[/sblock]

----------------------------------

Initiative

Round 1

27* - Jams - I9 - 37/46 hp - Blinded TEDP1NT - Acted
22 - Callen - N11 - Acted
22 - Kama'zer - I8 - 40/51 hp - 2 ongoing poison and -2 to attack rolls (save ends both) - Acted
17 - Soldier - I7 - +4 power bonus to attack rolls vs trooper 1 TEKNT - 46/57 + 4 thp hp - Acted
16 - Jarel-Karn - H9 - 21/50 hp - Blinded TEDP1NT, Bloodied, prone - Acted
16 - Mri'thas - O19 - Acted
16 - Enemies - Acted
Duergar Trooper 2 - H6 - 84/84
Duergar Trooper 3 - I6 - 84/84
Duergar Trooper 4 - H7 - 51/84 - prone
Duergar Priest - A7 - -15 hp
Duergar Priest - H2 -
15 - Montroya - N18
9 - Ts'iri - M17

Round 2

27* - Jams - I9 -
22 - Callen - M19
22 - Kama'zer - N16 -
17 - Soldier - I7 -
16 - Jarel-Karn - H9 -
16 - Mri'thas - O19

*You do not have to wait for Jams to post, to make your post. Just pretend he's a really low level, poor quality, player.

Stats
Duergar Miner
AC 20 R 14
Duergar Priest
Resist Fire 5
R 16
Duergar Trooper
Resist 5 fire
AC 18 R 18

Map

[sblock=map]
2Temple05.png
[/sblock]

The walls are well carved and the ceilings have risen to 30 ft in height. The door near the duergar is 15 ft tall and open.

Lava hurts.

The Priest is wearing hide, a steel claw on a necklace, ash war paint, and has a warhammer.

The troopers wear chainmail and wield mauls.

The miners wear Leather, and wield picks.

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri covers the lead trooper with a silvery light before firing off a blast at him but she misses.

[sblock=OCC]
Minor action: Curse Duergar Trooper 4
Standard action: Eldritch Blast on Duergar Trooper 4
Move Action: Move to F11

1d20+8=10, 1d10+5=12, 1d6=6

Total miss. I knew I'd pay for that crit.

Oh BTW, my area attacks are always top to bottom, left to right just like reading.

[sblock=stat block]
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 21/19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 18, Will: 17 - Speed: 6
HP: 51/51[9thp], Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1
Fire Resist: 5

Powers:
1/1 Second wind
0/1 Vampiric Embrace
1/2 Scorching Burst
1/1 Telekinetic Leap
1/1 Fiery Bolt
1/1 Armor of Agathys
1/1 Fiendish Resilience
1/1 Tyrannical Threat

Darkleaf armor (+2 AC vs first attack)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya moves forward and sees the many bodies on the ground. Enemies yet remain though and the deva lets tentacles of holy energy slap against his foes while they shield his friends from harm. One of the dwarves dodges out of the way, but another is scorched by the flames. The holy light slams into another burning the infidel greatly.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to O12
Standard: Blade of Astral Fire(centered on I7) vs H7/H6/I6: Blade of Astral Fire(centered on I7) vs H7/H6/I6 (1d20+7=16, 1d20+7=19, 1d20+7=27, 1d6+5=10) Miss H7. Hit H6 for 10 and CRIT I6 for: crit (1d6=2) 13 total.
Soldier and Kama'zer gain a +5 to AC until the end of my nex turn.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer feels the burn of the poison in her veins as her muscles cramp up slightly, slightly inhibiting her battle skills. She stabs at the trooper who is prone in front of her and her blade of psychic energy runs him through nicely. "Rear line, move forward!" She shouts to Mri'thas, Ts'iri, and Callen, trying to get them into better positions. She shifts forward as well, putting herself between the troopers and Jarel-Karn who is injured. "Get on your feet and fight harder, Jarel-Karn!" she says to the Gensai, hoping to motivate him further. Her body seems to be fighting off the poison quickly at least, as her muscles stop twitching and the burning in her blood fades away.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= 40/51 hp; - 2 ongoing poison and -2 to attack rolls (save ends both);
38/51 after ongoing poison this turn.

Standard= Steel Monsoon vs. Trooper 4 AC18 w/-2 to attack and +2 to attack due to CA from him being prone. (1d20+13-2+2=31, 2d8+6=16)
Hit trooper 4 for 16 damage and shift Mri'Thas, Ts'iri, and Callen 1 square west each (Mri'thas to M7, Ts'iri to K9, and Callen to M11).

Move= Shift to H8

Minor= Inspiring Word on Jarel-Karn heals surge(14)+2d6= (14+2d6=21)
Heal Jarel-Karn 21 hps up to 42 hps currently. Not bloodied any more, but can't help the blinded or prone, sorry.

End= Save vs. ongoing poison and attack penalty. (1d20=13)
Made save to end ongoing damage and attack penalty. 38/51 hp.
[sblock=stat block]Kama'zer Anma'giduu- Female Githyanki Warlord 6
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +14, Init: +11
AC: 21, Fort: 19, Reflex: 18, Will: 17 -- Speed: 5
HP: 38/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Attack +2 Githyanki Silver Longsword +13 vs AC 1d8+6 damage -- Crit = 8+2d8+6 dmg
:branged: Ranged Basic Attack Javelin +10 vs AC 1d6+4 damage Range 10/20 -- Hvy Thrown
Powers- Opening Shove, Wolf Pack Tactics,
Warlord's Favor, Inspiring Word x2, Telekinetic Leap, Steel Monsoon, Aid the Injured
Lead the Attack, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough
Githyanki Silver Longsword- Foe Banishing(Daily), Exalted Armor(Daily), Cloak of Resistance(Daily), Shield of Bashing(Daily), Luckbender Gloves(Encounter), Githyanki Silver Longsword- psychic damage(At-Will)
Combat notes:-Commanding (Tactical) Presence: When ally who can see warlord spends an action point to make an attack, they gain +1 bonus on attack roll (1/2 Int modifier) and +3 bonus to damage from Tactical Assault feat[/sblock][/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier recklessly attacks one of duergar warrior then he does a whirling attack that swings at all the enemy

[sblock=Action Details]
Standard Action:Brash strike on H6(Misses)
AP action: Sweeping Blow(in this order: I6,H6,H7; Hits them all for 18 damage and they are marked by Soldier)
Move Action:N/A
Minor Action:N/A
[/sblock]

Remove ads