• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn stands up. Being unable to see his opponents, simply enter the melee and, feeling his enemy nearby, mark him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Stand up
Standard: Shift to H8
Minor: Mark Trooper I6 (yes, I override Soldier Mark).[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
Callen moves up to support Jarel-Karn and Jams. Launching a magic missile at the priest he manages to score a hit.

[sblock=ooc]Actions:
Move: to H11
Standard: mm vs. A7priest refl (1d20+11=20, 2d4+7=11) = hit, 11 dmg

[sblock=stat block]Callen Stewart - Male Human Wizard 6
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:22, Will:21 -- Speed:6
HP:45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3, Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Magic Missile, Scorching Burst, Thunderwave,
Burning Hands, Fire Shroud,
Shield*,
Expeditious Retreat
Wizard's Escape, Fire Shield*
Summon Fire Warrior, Sleep*, Flaming Sphere
Fireball*, Phantasmal Assailant, Summon Abyssal Maw
Healing Word

Gloves of Piercing, Staff of Defense
* memorized[/sblock][/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Because I didn't update at all, while you fine folks were taking actions, I'm not going to auto Mri'thas just yet. He may have been waiting to see how something was resolved.

If you see this Mri'thras and post within 24 hours, just post two sets of actions. Otherwise I'll auto with the next update.

I apologize for not updating at some point between your actions. I'm a little sick.[/sblock]

Ts'iri covers the lead trooper with a silvery light before firing off a blast at him but she misses.

[sblock=OCC]
Minor action: Curse Duergar Trooper 4
Standard action: Eldritch Blast on Duergar Trooper 4
Move Action: Move to F11

1d20+8=10, 1d10+5=12, 1d6=6

[/sblock]

Montroya moves forward and sees the many bodies on the ground. Enemies yet remain though and the deva lets tentacles of holy energy slap against his foes while they shield his friends from harm. One of the dwarves dodges out of the way, but another is scorched by the flames. The holy light slams into another burning the infidel greatly.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to O12
Standard: Blade of Astral Fire(centered on I7) vs H7/H6/I6: Blade of Astral Fire(centered on I7) vs H7/H6/I6 (1d20+7=16, 1d20+7=19, 1d20+7=27, 1d6+5=10) Miss H7. Hit H6 for 10 and CRIT I6 for: crit (1d6=2) 13 total.
Soldier and Kama'zer gain a +5 to AC until the end of my nex turn.[/sblock]

Kama'zer feels the burn of the poison in her veins as her muscles cramp up slightly, slightly inhibiting her battle skills. She stabs at the trooper who is prone in front of her and her blade of psychic energy runs him through nicely. "Rear line, move forward!" She shouts to Mri'thas, Ts'iri, and Callen, trying to get them into better positions. She shifts forward as well, putting herself between the troopers and Jarel-Karn who is injured. "Get on your feet and fight harder, Jarel-Karn!" she says to the Gensai, hoping to motivate him further. Her body seems to be fighting off the poison quickly at least, as her muscles stop twitching and the burning in her blood fades away.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= 40/51 hp; - 2 ongoing poison and -2 to attack rolls (save ends both);
38/51 after ongoing poison this turn.

Standard= Steel Monsoon vs. Trooper 4 AC18 w/-2 to attack and +2 to attack due to CA from him being prone. (1d20+13-2+2=31, 2d8+6=16)
Hit trooper 4 for 16 damage and shift Mri'Thas, Ts'iri, and Callen 1 square west each (Mri'thas to M7, Ts'iri to K9, and Callen to M11).

Move= Shift to H8

Minor= Inspiring Word on Jarel-Karn heals surge(14)+2d6= (14+2d6=21)
Heal Jarel-Karn 21 hps up to 42 hps currently. Not bloodied any more, but can't help the blinded or prone, sorry.

End= Save vs. ongoing poison and attack penalty. (1d20=13)
Made save to end ongoing damage and attack penalty. 38/51 hp.

**Ts'iri previously moved much farther than that. I moved Jams to I9.

Also, you're attack causes the Duergar to grow in size. You can either shift away or to I9 if you hadn't moved Jams. Not moving seems the most in your favor.**
[/sblock]

Soldier recklessly attacks one of duergar warrior then he does a whirling attack that swings at all the enemy

[sblock=Action Details]
Standard Action:Brash strike on H6(Misses)
AP action: Sweeping Blow(in this order: I6,H6,H7; Hits them all for 18 damage and they are marked by Soldier)
Move Action:N/A
Minor Action:N/A
[/sblock]

Jarel-karn stands up. Being unable to see his opponents, simply enter the melee and, feeling his enemy nearby, mark him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Stand up
Standard: Shift to H8
Minor: Mark Trooper I6 (yes, I override Soldier Mark).

**Giant Duergar there now. I put you in G9, that you might soon flank.**[/SBLOCK]

Callen moves up to support Jarel-Karn and Jams. Launching a magic missile at the priest he manages to score a hit.

[sblock=ooc]Actions:
Move: to H11
Standard: mm vs. A7priest refl (1d20+11=20, 2d4+7=11) = hit, 11 dmg

[/sblock]

Jams spits at the Duergar before taking a mighty swing and shouting. "Get yer gray butts out of my volcano!"

He slams the hammer down on the Duergar's leg and a snap resounds through the room. The giant trooper soon stands, and tries to take his anger out on Jarel-karn, but his swing is wild.

The other two troopers keep the pressure on Soldier and though one swing seems dead on, Montroya's magic keeps the warforged safe.

The priest who had retreated down the hall raises his crooked tooth again, and chants. Just as Jams and Jarel's vision returns they are rushed with a burst of flame. Several members are hit, including the enlarged trooper, they find themselves thrown onto their backs just as the other priest summons up a burst of vile sulfuric fumes in the same area. The two abilities seems to feed off each other to form a brief choking blaze.

[sblock=ooc]Jams versus the volcano Trooper 4. 25 vs AC, hit, 9 angry dwarf damage.

Trooper 2 attacks Soldier. 26 vs AC, Miss
Trooper 3 attacks Soldier. 11 vs AC, Miss

Trooper 4 attacks Jarel-Karn. 15 vs AC, Miss

Priest 1, Brimstone Hail, Area Burst 2, centered on Jams (I9). Vs Reflex. 27 vs Trooper 4, Hit, 16 vs Soldier, Hit, 14 vs Kama, Miss, 16 vs Jarel-Karn, Miss, 21 vs Jams, hit, 19 vs Callen, Miss. 12 fire damage. All hit fall prone.

Priest 2, Vile Fumes. Area Burst 2, centered on Jams (I9). Vs Fort. 21 vs Trooper 4, Hit/Dead, 20 vs Soldier, Hit, 20 vs Kama, Hit, 22 vs Jarel-Karn, Hit, 12 vs Jams, Miss, 14 vs Callen, Miss. 13 poison damage. All hit are blinded TEP2NT.[/sblock]

----------------------------------

Initiative

Round 2

27* - Jams - H9 - 25/46 hp - prone - Acted
22 - Callen - H11 - Acted
22 - Kama'zer - H8 - 27/51 hp - +5 to AC TEMoNT, blinded TEP2NT - Acted
17 - Soldier - I7 - +5 to AC TEMoNT, prone - 25/57 - blinded TEP2NT, Bloodied, prone - Acted
16 - Jarel-Karn - I8 - 29/50 hp - blinded TEP2NT - Acted
16 - Mri'thas - M7 - Pending
16 - Enemies - Acted
Duergar Trooper 2 - H6 - 56/84 - Marked
Duergar Trooper 3 - I6 - 53/84 - Marked
Duergar Priest 1 - A7 - -26 hp
Duergar Priest 2 - H2 -
15 - Montroya - O12 -
9 - Ts'iri - F11 -

*You do not have to wait for Jams to post, to make your post. Just pretend he's a really low level, poor quality, player.

Round 3

27* - Jams - I9 -
22 - Callen - M19
22 - Kama'zer - N16 -
17 - Soldier - I7 -
16 - Jarel-Karn - H9 -
16 - Mri'thas - O19

Stats
Duergar Priest
Resist Fire 5
R 16
Duergar Trooper
Resist 5 fire
AC 18 R 18

Map

[sblock=map]
2Temple06.png
[/sblock]

The walls are well carved and the ceilings have risen to 30 ft in height. The door near the duergar is 15 ft tall and open.

Lava hurts.

The Priest is wearing hide, a steel claw on a necklace, ash war paint, and has a warhammer.

The troopers wear chainmail and wield mauls.

The miners wear Leather, and wield picks.

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Trooper 3 is marked by Jarel-karn, not Soldier.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=ooc]Sorry. I had put your mark on trooper 4 by mistake. For the sake of my sanity, I'm not going to redo anything, since trooper 4 and 3 missed both of their attacks regardless.

I will switch the mark though.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Yeah, everyone missed and Trooper 4, who should have had an attack from Soldier, is dead. I made the remark just because my mark stay and it might could count later in the fight.[/SBLOCK]

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri grins wickedly as her sister laughs. "You're my opponent dwarf. Why don't you try some of those fire spells on my?" Ts'iri then quickly moves at the priest stoping just short of him. While her sister bathes him with a silver glow, Ts'iri blasts him square in the chest with arcane energy.

[sblock=OCC]
Move Action: Move to C7 [gain concealment]
Minor Action: Curse Duergar Priest (A7)
Standard action: Eldritch Blast on Duergar Priest (A7) [+1 to hit for prime shot]

1d20+9=26, 1d10+5=15, 1d6=5

26 vs Duergar Priests (A7) ref for 20 damage.
[sblock=stat block]
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 21/19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 18, Will: 17 - Speed: 6
HP: 51/51[9thp], Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1
Fire Resist: 5

Powers:
1/1 Second wind
0/1 Vampiric Embrace
1/2 Scorching Burst
1/1 Telekinetic Leap
1/1 Fiery Bolt
1/1 Armor of Agathys
1/1 Fiendish Resilience
1/1 Tyrannical Threat

Darkleaf armor (+2 AC vs first attack)[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya moves forward and calls out to the priest within sight. "Surrender or feel the might of Apoli!" The words lack a bit of conviction, and the sun that hovers over the duergar is small.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to K10
Standard: Offering of Justice: offering of justice at DP1 (2d10+5=7)7 damage if it attacks or 5 thp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Montroya
Init: +8
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 21
AC: 20* Fort: 16* Ref: 18* Will: 18*
HP: 36/36 Bloodied: 18 Surges: 8/8(8)
AP: 1
Hand of Radiance
Vanguard's Lightning
Wild Shape
Memory of a thousand lifetimes