• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well if Callen doesn't want to take the hit Ts'iri can. His player has not been present for some time, and since I'm not letting him use encounters or dailies taking a hit might be a pretty decent contribution.

Also I've been informed that the damage should only be 14. Since the dragon is not marked by Jarel-karn, it does not deal the +3 from Dimensional Vortex. Velmont, you might want to adjust your character sheet to clearly reflect that.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]In that case, I suggest Ts'iri take the hit move away from dragon to be out of reach from the Dragon Breath (Close Blast 5 if I remember) and use Eldritch Blast at will.

I have corrected the Dimensional Vortex description[/SBLOCK]

Jarel-karn teleport and reappear on the other side of the dragon. He tries to slash at him but is unable to connect, lacking from some free space, but the thundering charge in his sword transfer to the dragon. Jarel-karn then move aside to no be too cornered by the dragon.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Standard: Teleport to I24 Dimensional Thunder vs Fort on Red Dragon (1d20+12=14, 3d8+8=18) Miss. The dragon takes ongoing 5 tunder damage.
Move: Shift to J24

Go for barcket now![/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I'm tired of this!" mutters the mage, and starts chanting in a hissing voice. Those who once fought Yuan-ti would find the chant familiar. Mri'thas hands fly drawing magical glyphs in the air, and then he reaches for his spell component pouch to produce a small splinter. With all his strength he throws the splinter through the magical glyph before him. When the splinter flys by, it turns into an acid arrow. The projectile hits the dragon, but it's not as effective as the githyanki would have hoped.

Acid arrow:23 for 12 miss then half dmg (6) and 2 ongoing acid dmg

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I corrected the HP totals to reflect Ts'irir being hit by the dragon[/sblock]

Jarel-karn teleport and reappear on the other side of the dragon. He tries to slash at him but is unable to connect, lacking from some free space, but the thundering charge in his sword transfer to the dragon. Jarel-karn then move aside to no be too cornered by the dragon.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Standard: Teleport to I24 Dimensional Thunder vs Fort on Red Dragon (1d20+12=14, 3d8+8=18) Miss. The dragon takes ongoing 5 tunder damage.
Move: Shift to J24

Go for barcket now![/SBLOCK]

"I'm tired of this!" mutters the mage, and starts chanting in a hissing voice. Those who once fought Yuan-ti would find the chant familiar. Mri'thas hands fly drawing magical glyphs in the air, and then he reaches for his spell component pouch to produce a small splinter. With all his strength he throws the splinter through the magical glyph before him. When the splinter flys by, it turns into an acid arrow. The projectile hits the dragon, but it's not as effective as the githyanki would have hoped.

[sblock=ooc]Acid arrow:23 for 12 miss then half dmg (6) and 2 ongoing acid dmg[/sblock]

Soldier moves to flank the dragon with Jarel, and the dragon's tail whips out as if by instinct, sweeping Soldier to the side.

[sblock=Action Details]

Move Action:move to I21

**Immediate reaction. Tali Strike: 28 vs Reflex, 10 damage and push to H20.[/sblock]

[/sblock]

----------------------------------

Initiative

Round 6

32; Mri'thas; P22; 42/42; Acted
28; Kama'zer; J18; 9/51 hp; Bloodied;
25; Callen; K24; 40/45;
20; Montroya; L23; 20/36; -2 to attack rolls (save ends); 14;
Soldier; I20; 38/57; Pending
14; Ts'iri; K22; 31/51; Concealment;
14; Jams; N24; 46/46 hp;
13; Enemies;
Red Dragon; I22/J23; - 121 hp; Immobilized as long as Jarel-karn is adjacent, Marked, Cursed, ongoing 5 Thunder damage (save ends), ongoing 2 acid damage (save ends);
12; Jarel-Karn; J24; 43/50 hp;

Stats
Red Dragon
AC 27 R 24 W 23

[sblock=Map]
DragonLair11.png
[/sblock]

There is a 30 ft drop between the edge of the rock and the lava. You do not want to fall into the lava.

You can climb the walls, if desired, to reach other areas. DC 19 Athletics. Fail 4 or less and you simply loose you're move action. Fail by 5 or more and fall.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Callen realizes that all of his close attacks are more effective on his allies crowded around the dragon so he moves back away from the dragon. This should set him up well to use ranged attacks in the near future.

[sblock=ooc]
Move = shift back 1.
Standard = move back to P23

ooc: feeling rather neutered on options, really only Magic Missile works now.

Thunderwave pushes him away from being immobilized.
Scorching burst is ranged too and fire based.
Burning hands has too big a radius to miss all allies and fire based.
Fire shroud would work but is fire based.
and thats all she wrote...

only other thing I can think of is to aid another on attacks. with high defenses and a large amount of remaining hit points Callen could stay in the fight for bit longer.

[sblock=stat block]Callen Stewart - Male Human Wizard 6
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:22, Will:21 -- Speed:6
HP:45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3, Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Magic Missile, Scorching Burst, Thunderwave,
Burning Hands, Fire Shroud,
Shield*,
Expeditious Retreat
Wizard's Escape*, Fire Shield
Summon Fire Warrior, Sleep*, Flaming Sphere
Fireball, Phantasmal Assailant*, Summon Abyssal Maw
Healing Word

Gloves of Piercing, Staff of Defense
* memorized[/sblock][/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Jarel-karn is reduce to Booming blade only at the moment. Lightning Clash is useless as he is less effective than Booming Blade and I have no secondary target. Lightning Lure is a ranged attack and the Dragon won't go away from Jarel-karn. I also have used all my magical item activation for they day, so I can't use my armor at the moment.

SO magic missile him, anyway, you have better chance to hit him than me.[/SBLOCK]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Forgot the save from last round: Fail:save from last round (1d20=8) Let me know targeting wise if this doesn't work for some reason.[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Reaction]Use preserver's rebuke against dragon/soldier. Soldier gains 7 temp hp. I gain +4 to hit dragon with next attack.[/sblock]

The deva invokes the power of his armor, his dark skin becoming rough and woody. He then , feels lucky, steps past the dragon into the open room beyond, inviting it's claws as his allies stand ready to strike back. The deva seems to fall into a trance and the dragon is blasted by a blast of thunder from the divine realm.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Use power of barkskin hide armor, gaining +2 to AC until end of encounter until hit reducing to +1 then +0.
Move to J21, drawing OA
Standard: silent malediction aiming the blast 3 so not to hit allies.silent malediction vs dragon with preservers rebuke fear (1d20+9=19, 2d6+5=16) free: memory of a thousand lifetimes: memory of a thousand lifetimes (1d6=6) 25 and I forgot flanking with Jarel Karn so +2 for for 27 vs Fort! That better hit.... 16 damage and the dragon is stunned (save ends). If it misses 8 damage and dragon is dazed until end of my next turn. Either way I am dazed until end of my next turn.
Save vs -2: save vs ongoing fear effect (1d20=18) Save
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats; Dazed; barkskin armor active]
Montroya
Init: +8
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 21
AC: 22* Fort: 16* Ref: 18* Will: 18*
HP: 20/36 Bloodied: 18 Surges: 8/8(8)
AP: 1
Hand of Radiance
Vanguard's Lightning
Wild Shape