[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Best tactic... not really. But as you might not be aware up to now, Gloom is the last survivor of his tribe and seek to die for a good cause and join his tribe in the land of deads. But the way of the gods are mysterious and not only Lauto has forbidden him the way to the lands of deads when his village was slaugthered, but he still play with him, giving him more power (explaining why he is a paladin) and also continuing to forbid him his way to the land of death (Verve Armor, and next level: Unfailing Vigor feat). And I also successfully save my first death saving throw during Part1 of this adventure :p

So, I'm just roleplaying him. [/SBLOCK]

RedBeardJim

First Post
"No matter how we go about it, we enter into their lair," says Gellan. "Most likely they already know we are here and are moving to take advantage. Let us move to meet them."

[sblock=OOC]Gellan will move into the first rank behind Gloom.[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
the group proceeds cautiously inward, with Gloom in the lead and Gellan close behind him, and the others following up slightly behind that. As you enter the tunnel you quickly realize that it is indeed no natural opening, but rather dug out, or in this case clawed out. The slight bit of light from the mouth of the cave does little to brighten the first chamber you come upon.

(This is were I assume that someone has a lightsource....)

The opening tunnel opens up into a slightly larger chamber, perhaps 20 feet acroos by 30 feet deep. The room is honeycombed with small tunnels in the walls and ceiling, most of which are not even a foot in diameter. From Glooms position he can see a couple of larger tunnels on the far side of the chamber as well as a few that open up in the floor and drop near straight down.

Echoing through the many tunnels and openings you all can clearly hear a chorus of chittering noises that is the kruthik hive.

Yet still there is not a creature in sight.....

[sblock=Initiative?]
It's not initiative time just yet. I would like you all to post another "round" of actions and I'll see where we are at - who knows, something may happen depending on your actions...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Info]
OK so as you may have guessed it is dark in here. There is no natural light source in here.
There are openings in the floor at H14, H19, I23 and L20 represented by the black 'circles'. They might be hard to see due to the fog of war so I thought I'd point them out to you.
The floor of the cavern so far is fairly even so you can walk normally.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 161

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=actions]I'm okay with how the party is going, but I'd like to be sure that as we move through twists I'm always able to see all party members[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai walks hugging the wall toward closest hole. He raises his insectoid rod and lights up the hole with bright shaft of starlight.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to I14, concealment
Standard: Ready action: Dire Radiance into the hole (with +1 from Prime shot and maybe CA) it's +5 vs Ref; 1d6+4 radiant (and additional 1d6+4 if the target get closer on it's turn)

No rolls as I have no idea whether there is something or not, apply blindness if nothing is visible, regardless of whether he sees something or not, he shoots the spell downward.

Triggers for readied action: either something attacks or Martelai arrives at I14

Minor: Curse closest enemy as applicable
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hey DMDanW, does completing that skill challenge mean we've passed a milestone, and can get an action point?[/sblock]

Gellan edges forward, every muscle tensed in anticipation of an attack.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Walk to J-17
Standard: Ready Pressing Strike against the first enemy that comes within 2 squares of Gellan.[/sblock]

[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 2 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Initiative: +4 Senses: Normal
AC: 19, Fortitude: 17, Reflex: 15, Will: 12 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 7/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Whirling Frenzy

Swift Panther Rage[/sblock]

Remove ads