[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You should use the Rules Compendium for the current charge rules they are significantly different than what is in the PHB.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Ah well, I don't use that book in the table-top game I run (non-essentials game), so don't think about referring to it that often.[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Sorry guys, I thought he could charge through E8-F9. [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] - how about we consider that action readied for when he can charge?[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The opponent needs to be at least 3 squares away (you have to move two squares in order to charge, and each square you move has to bring you closer). It's the distance that's the problem, not Rain--Sir F can fly above her or share her space.[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry guys, I thought he could charge through E8-F9. [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] - how about we consider that action readied for when he can charge?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Well, yeah if Sir Flib could do that, then he'd be moving 2 squares. But the first movement square to E8 wouldn't bring you closer to the target, which I think is the rules point here.

Sabynha could just walk over and smack Caryatid 2 from square F9. Rain would thank-you.[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Well, yeah if Sir Flib could do that, then he'd be moving 2 squares. But the first movement square to E8 wouldn't bring you closer to the target, which I think is the rules point here.

Sabynha could just walk over and smack Caryatid 2 from square F9. Rain would thank-you.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I guess that's my brain balking at the non-euclidean geometry used in 4e's grid.[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I edited my post to have Daphne charge in instead. We can then use her aura to put Rain & Zuri into a flank or to get one of them out of trouble. Also, the healing from the attack still applies.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Sir Flibbertigibbet looks more than a little cross at Sabynha's instructions to his "loyal" wolf. He opens and closes his mouth several times, but is unable to find a happy medium between an angry retort and the gallant behavior toward ladies that his honor demands. While he is engaged in this silent struggle, Daphne howls and bounds toward a statue, her teeth snapping on one of its legs.

[sblock=unicorn's charge]Daphne basic vs AC, C2 (+1 charge); damage
15(1d20) +8 +1 = 24; 5(1d8) +1 = 6
hits Caryatid 2 for 6 damage and Daphne can teleport 2. She teleports to E9, getting both Rain and Zuri in her aura. Rain and Zuri can apply healing or teleport from unicorn's charge.[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Zuri feels a slight wave of euphoria go over her as she realises that they have a chance to win this battle.

Rain suddenly disappears and reappears next to the teleporting Daphne and Zuri. The glowing runes on her foes persist and she stands ready to try and counter the statue's attacks.

[sblock=Unicorn's charge freebies]Zuri recovers 4 Hit Points - added to updated stat block below.

Rain teleports from F8 to F9.[/sblock]

[sblock=Zuri Stats]
Eladrin Rogue lvl 3
33 / 34 (+5 THP per encounter) HPs. 3/7 surges. Surge Value 8 +1 THP
AC 17 F/R/W 13/17/14
Init +5 Speed 6
Str 14 Con 12 Dex 18 Int 14 Wis 10 Cha 14

MBA: Dagger +7, 1d4+3 dmg
RBA: Dagger +9, 1d4+5 dmg, 5/10; Rebounding Hand crossbow +1 +8, 1d6+5 dmg

Skills: Stealth +10, Thievery +10, Athletics +8, Bluff +10, Intimidate +8, Streetwise +8, Arcana +5, History +5, Perception +6
Feats: Weapon Focus: Light Blades; Backstabber

Action Points: Used

[sblock=At Will Powers]
Riposte Strike: +9 vs AC; 1d4+5 dmg and if target attacks before eont make a MBA against it as Imm. Interrupt.

Disheartening Strike: Melee: +9 vs AC; 1d4+5 dmg and target takes -2 to atks TENT
(Ranged: +8 vs AC; 1d6+5).

Sneak Attack: +2d8+2 dmg 1/turn when Zuri hits with CAdv.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Encounter Powers]
Guarded Attack: Melee: +9 vs AC; 2d4+5 dmg and if target attacks before eont make a MBA against it as Imm. Interrupt and the target takes a -2 penalty to triggering attack roll [X]

Fey Step [ ]

Sneak in the attack: (minor; melee 1) Until start of Zuri's next turn the next ally who hits the target with CAdv deals 2d8+2 extra dmg [X]

Low Slash: (minor action) Melee: +9 vs Reflex; 1d4+5 dmg (+2 more dmg if flanking the target) plus the target slides one square and is slowed until eont. [X]

Surprise Strike (Outlaw Theme): (no action) When using a basic attack or an at-will weapon attack power, and you hit an enemy that is granting combat advantage to you, then the enemy is dazed until the end of your next turn. [X]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Daily Powers]
Precise Incision: (Reliable) +9 vs AC; 3d4+5 dmg [ ]

[/sblock] [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
The statue guardian's being creatures completely lacking their own intelligence and free will relentlessly continue their attacks, unphased by the group¡s own attacks on them, even though the damage to each of them is clearly visible. With no thought whatsoever to tactics they close in on their closest target, and being that Rain has tied them to her magical wards and that the guardians are nothing if not magical creations, they are both drawn to her like moths to a flame ... deadly moths with sharp scimitars whose purpose is to stab the life from her. Sabynha from her vantage point atop the table takes a moment to watch and to think. Wat's words ring true. These guardians are not tied to Kalbon but some other master ... or mistress in this case. Sabynha realises that the entire place is held under the sway of Soryth, the evil hag. Yet their connection to Soryth does not seem so straightforward.

[sblock=Sabynha Arcana 24]Sabynha believes that Wat is correct, because Soryth controls the place the columns see the group as the threat. However she feels the magic that animates directly stems from the palace itself, not any one individual. Kalbon's death has had no effect over them and she doubts that simply killing Soryth would also not stop them in their singularly focused task. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat] CC1 (shift and atk) and CC2 both make double scimitar attacks vs Rain: CC1 26=Hit 16=miss; CC2 23=Hit 16=miss for 15 & 11 dmg= 26 total dmg
CC2 fails save: 1d20+2=8

Assuming Rain will interrupt with Infernal Wrath [/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"I am sorry, you seem to be right, Wat. They are only reacting to us because we are a threat. We should finish this." Sabynha was saddened that there seemed to be no other way.

With a renewed sense of purpose, she deftly manoeuvred around the battlefield and charged in to flank with Rain, taking advantage of the fact that the statues were so focused on her. On her way past Wat, she lingered for a moment, brushing against him gently. Her gaze met his for a moment, then she turned toward her target with a vistani holler on her lips, "Aiyayayayaaaa!"

[sblock=actions]Focused Discipline: Tactics - shift-1 if I hit with MBA
Move Action:Move to J10
Standard Action: Charge to attack C2 in H9; 1d20+9+1+2=32, 1d6+7+1d8=13 Boom! Crit! 21 damage, plus 1d8=7 7 Bonus damage, for a total of 28 damage.
Triggered Action (Focused Discipline): Shift-1 to H8 to flank C2 with Zuri.
Song of Savagery: Still active. I hit with an MBA, so one ally can claim +4 to damage on their next hit.[/sblock]
Her spiraling dance of blades scored deeply into the stonelike flesh of the guardians in a shower of sparks and dust. She continued her twisting motions to deke sideways into a position to help make an opening for Zuri to strike true. Sabynha drew herself up onto the balls of her feet, sword and shield held high and ready to retaliate like a coiled snake.

OOC: I have both Skald aura heals still available. I would recommend Rain pop one of these on her turn with a minor action, and if that's not enough, any adjacent ally can spend a minor action on their turn to do the same for her.

Also, +4 to damage is up for grabs on someone's next hit.

Last edited:

Remove ads