• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Mewness

First Post
Sir Flibbertigibbet sighs softly in relief as the statues return to their stations. Daphne flops down on the rug and stretches out while everyone catches their breath.

[sblock=ooc]Sir F is ready to go.

+1 Dex and Cha
Lesser Planar Ally power
retrained Thievery skill to Streetwise
Sneak of Shadows feat (MC rogue, sneak attack 1/encounter, trained Thievery again)[/sblock]

[sblock=Sir Flibbertigibbet]Sir Flibbertigibbet
Male Pixie Hexblade 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:20 (—), Fort:16 (—), Reflex:17 (—), Will:18 (—)
HP:39+5/42, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:10, Surges left:4/8
Action Points: 1
:bmelee: Icy Skewer +10 vs. AC, 1d10+9 cold damage and Sir Flibbertigibbet gets a +2 power bonus to all defenses against the target’s attacks until EoNT.
:branged: Eldritch Bolt +7 vs. Reflex, 1d10+9 force damage, range 10
Eldritch Bolt, Icy Skewer, Soul Step
[o] Pixie Dust
[o] Shrink
[o] Piercing Shard
[o] Piercing Shard
[o] Ethereal Stride
[o] Sneak Attack
[o] Second Wind
[o] Action Point

[x] Armor of Winter’s Grasp
[o] Lesser Planar Ally
[o] Vanguard Weapon daily

Conditions: none

Full sheet: Sir Flibbertigibbet[/sblock]

[sblock=Daphne]Daphne
Female Fey Wolf (refluffed blink dog) Beast Companion 4
Speed: 7; Passive Perception: 19; Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:19 (--), Fort:17 (--), Reflex:17 (--), Will:17 (--)
HP:21/21, Bloodied:10
Aura 1: Blinking Pack--Daphne or any ally in the aura can use a move action to teleport to another square in the aura.
:bmelee: Blinking Bite +9 vs. AC, 1d8+2 damage and Daphne teleports up to 2 squares.

[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
"The witch's grasp is slipping. She will claw desperately at what is now sliding through her fingers. I fear she may choose to harm Juliana if it looks like her defeat in imminent. I am equipped to counter Soryth's charms so I need someone else to see to her safety."

Wat rests, regaining his strength before the final battle.

[sblock=Level Up]
  • +1 Con/Wis
  • +4 hp (+1 more for Con increase)
  • Feat: Battlewise (Use Wis instead of Dex for Init)
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Rain nods at Wat words, "'Until the next moonrise', Sir Oakstaff said. I'll try and do what I can. Hopefully we'll be spared from the worst corrupting influences that she throws at us."

[sblock=The bloodstone]Linky here for a reminder (I went looking).[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Our intrepid heroes take a moment to catch their breath. The thought the end was so near and how far they had come in this place where time seemed to stand still filled them with renewed vigour, a tingle of anticipation seeped into their being, perhaps a promise of great power ... or perhaps the swelling of pride before a fall.

There was only one place to go, and that was up the watery staircase. So up they went, Rain leading the way with Sir Fibbertigibbet riding Daphne beside him. Zuri and Sabynha, followed close behind, her dance already beginning its weave, with Wat, bloodstone atop his staff, bringing up the rear.

Near the top of the spiral water stairway, a fresh faced,female half-elf who has black hair walks gracefully among statues in a garden house that has a clear dome. Her plain gay robes and gnarled staff are odd, considering her breathtaking beauty.

Through the open doors on either side of the house is roof top palace garden. To the left side, the garden has a mound upon which Juliana reclines, unmoving.

When the fey female notices you step onto the landing, her lips twist into a frown. "No longer have we cause for conflict, my intrepid ones. I have what I desire, and I forgive your trespasses. Serve me, and I shall grant your fondest wishes."

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
She stood gracefully on the balls of her feet, as a cat ready to pounce, sword pointed forward boldly. The hag's somewhat honeyed words only served to steel Sabynha's resolve, "One way or another, hag, you will release your hold on this place. I offer you one last chance to avoid our wrath on behalf of the people we represent; one last chance at redemption. What say you?"

Though she sincerely wished to avoid any more bloodshed - especially if it would keep Juiiana safe - the vistani was not so naive to think that her offer would be accepted, and so she prepared to attack.

[sblock=rolls]Last-ditch Diplomacy with Words of Friendship 1d20+13+5=31
Initiative 1d20+5=15[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Sabynha's words are wasted as Wat declares his own murderous intentions. Just as the air begins to ripple with the power of Joven, Soryth taps her staff upon the ground as though she were ready for the slightest sign of aggression. One moment she was there, the next moment she simply is not.

[sblock=Readied Action]Responding to Wat's threat Soryth disappears from sight as she did once before when she stole Juliana away fom you. This makes any attempt at diplomacy impossible.[/sblock]

From somewhere in the garden through the clear doors you hear Soryth's voice, obviously furious, but with just perhaps a shudder of fear beneath the anger. ""A foul trinket you bear," she says. "Tricks of jealous fey that owe me blood. I shall deal with them after your failure is complete." From the thick foliage of the roof garden, Soryth's swordwielding xivorts creep toward you, their bulbous orange eyes flickering with malice.

MAP

GM: Bad guys Initiative: 10
Yes, you each gained an action point after fighting Kalbon.

Mewness

First Post
"SWORD!" yells Sir Flibbertigibbet, launching into his charge before the weapon even arrives and catching it along the way. He smacks into one of the xivorts with a surprisingly loud crash, sending shards of ice flying in all directions.

[sblock=actions, rolls]Sir F Initiative
20(1d20) +6 = 26

Summon and shrink sword

Standard: charge to G 16/17, 1 square up (using sneak attack) icy skewer vs AC (+2 CA +1 charge), X1; damage
20(1d20) +9 +2 +1 = 32; 8(1d10) +9 +1(1d8) +5(2d6) = 23
is a crit, crit die
6(1d8) = 6
. Total 39+6 = 45 cold damage and Sir F gains +2 to defenses against Xivort 1 until EoNT.

Hmm two 20s in a row.[/sblock]

[sblock=Sir Flibbertigibbet]Sir Flibbertigibbet
Male Pixie Hexblade 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:20 (—), Fort:16 (—), Reflex:17 (—), Will:18 (—)
HP:39+5/42, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:10, Surges left:4/8
Action Points: 1
:bmelee: Icy Skewer +10 vs. AC, 1d10+9 cold damage and Sir Flibbertigibbet gets a +2 power bonus to all defenses against the target’s attacks until EoNT.
:branged: Eldritch Bolt +7 vs. Reflex, 1d10+9 force damage, range 10
Eldritch Bolt, Icy Skewer, Soul Step
[o] Pixie Dust
[x] Shrink
[o] Piercing Shard
[o] Piercing Shard
[o] Ethereal Stride
[x] Sneak Attack
[o] Second Wind
[o] Action Point

[x] Armor of Winter’s Grasp
[o] Lesser Planar Ally
[o] Vanguard Weapon daily

Conditions: +2 defenses against xivort 1

Full sheet: Sir Flibbertigibbet[/sblock]

[sblock=Daphne]Daphne
Female Fey Wolf (refluffed blink dog) Beast Companion 4
Speed: 7; Passive Perception: 19; Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:19 (--), Fort:17 (--), Reflex:17 (--), Will:17 (--)
HP:21/21, Bloodied:10
Aura 1: Blinking Pack--Daphne or any ally in the aura can use a move action to teleport to another square in the aura.
:bmelee: Blinking Bite +9 vs. AC, 1d8+2 damage and Daphne teleports up to 2 squares.

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
The pixie zips through the air and drives his blade clean through the skull of the xivort. The blue skinned fey crumples instantly lay to the ground where it lays twitching, not knowing what hit him.

GM: Yes, pretty lucky to roll two 20's. You have actually rolled an extremely high amount of 20s with the die roller you use and good rolls in general apart from a few. But I think you would have killed the xivort even without a crit. That is a nice encounter power to have given that Sir Flib can gain CAdv on a charge!

Speaking of charges ... does Sabynha qualify for Surprising Charge feat? I thought that was a fighter or rogue only feat? I may be wrong?

Neil1889

First Post
Zuri was ready for anything, including Soryth's disappearance. She was impressed with the pixie's sudden attack.

Rain paused, momentarily wondering if the southern way held a trick of some sort.

[sblock=initiative]Zuri = 26. A natural 20.

Rain = 12. [/sblock]

Remove ads