[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Gray, amazed at just how hungry a full body healing makes one, happily accepts some of the honey cakes. Though a mead is thrust into his hands, he only just sips at it, not entirely sure that a clear state of mind would not be needed. Especially since they still needed to get Ragnar's key, as well as the key held by Uma (which was NOT going to be an easy task...). Gray sat in silence, not really paying attention to the other satyrs, and thinking about what he was going to need to do to ensure that he wasn't completely useless in their next battle. Sure he had helped to wrangle the unicorns into heading down toward Ragnar's territory... but he had been pretty well dropped like a sack of wet rice in front of everyone. He couldn't help but think that if he had acted more aggressively, things may have turned out differently. Of course, this likely stemmed more from his embarrassment at being defeated so quickly and easily by the tiny pixie archers, than anything else. As he pondered on this, Gray's ears picked up on some of the singing of their tale and nearly spat out a mouthful of mead and honey cake when he heard:

And then upon a unicorn
the tiny fox did jump
but when the tiny arrows, fey
hit him he did slump!
He hit the ground with mighty force
his eyes did close from pain
and not till battle ebbed and died
did fox wake up again!

Looking over at the offending satyr, but with a genuine smile at what he took to simply be a good ribbing at his expense, he yelled out "HEY!", which only brought about more laughter from the satyrs all around him.

jbear

First Post
GM: @CrimsonFlameWielder Loved the poem! Sorry, I can't XP you... must spread xp -.- Make a diplomacy roll with a +2 bonus. See if Gray's ability to laugh at himself can compete with Sabynha's dancing! (Gray still benefits from the proximity of the half elves for this roll; so +3 total).

jbear

First Post
Watching from the edge of the festivities, the old grizzled veteran keeps a watchful eye on Gray. He finally smirks at the poem and Gray's good cheer at hearing it. At that point he seems to relax and watches Sabynha's dancing. Finally he stands and walks over to the skald. "What you did today. The way you moved and rode the unicorn forcing it to shift ... it was impressive. You are impressive. My fellows joke, but your reasons to be here are not made of the lighter stuff. It is a struggle to keep that in mind. Every moment is a struggle to keep that in mind. Take this and may it protect you on the rest of your journey." At which point he pulls off his armour and offers it to Sabynha, and it is a fine armour indeed. He leans in and kisses her lightly on the forehead before returning to his spot at the edge of proceedings.

GM: Sabynha receives: Hero's Hide Armour +1

Shortly afterwards Robin arrives through the trees smiling broadly beckoning you to follow him. As he leads you through the trees with him he speaks. "Ragnar is a warrior," he says, "a hero among the Green Fey. Treat him with respect. He is already impressed with your exploits. He might even make you his champions, since we are now all but powerless against the hag. What a great tale that will make, eh? Oh, that reminds me, I have a small token for each of you." Robin gives each of you a smoothly polished moonstone which is warm to the touch when you take it. Somehow you seem to resonate the same warmth and are filled with courage.

GM: Moonstone gems (1 each) are worth 50gp each; During this adventure until you reach level 3 they confer a 5 THP bonus to each of you which refreshes at the start of an extended and short rest in the same manner we were doing before hand. You also gain 1 THP when you spend a healing surge.

Robin leads the way into another meadow, parting branches for easy passage. Like a king, a green-skinned giant sits on a carved wooden chair upon a raised stone. His face is a rim under a mass of black braids that match his eyes. He wears fine hide armor and a cloak of purple fur. To his left is a wooden shield carved with a smiling face of oak leaves, and at his right is a boar spear and a wooden flagon. Well-armed satyrs and wilden attend him, and some others cook good smelling foods over the campfires. The two unicorns stand beside Ragnar's throne.

"Ragnar, soldier of the Green Lord," says Robin with a bow and flourish. "Ask of him what you will."

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha was surprised by the gesture of the grizzled veteran, and it touched her deeply. She took a bow when he spoke his thoughtful words to her, and embraced him warmly after he presented his gift and kiss. "Thank you. This armour is light and well-made. I shall do my best to honour your gift; may it serve me as well in battle as it has served you."

Later, when Robin presents his gift, she thanks him as well by embracing him warmly, also giving him a peck on the cheek. "You honour us with your kindness and hospitality."

When the group arrives in the audience chamber of Ragnar, and are presented by Robin, Sabynha steps forward in a graceful, sweeping bow, brushing the floor with her skirt held in her left hand, "Greetings Lord Ragnar, I am Sabynha; pleased to make your acquaintance. We are emissaries of the Count Varis, from the otherside of the Crystal Caverns."

She steps back and looks to her friends, leaving them an opening to speak, if they wish.

Neil1889

First Post
Before putting it away, Rain touches the moonstone to her cheek; clearly she finds it comforting. She thanks Robin and his folk for their generosity.

Upon meeting him, Rain bows deeply before Ragnar.

"Good day to you, Lord Ragnar, I am called Rain. We have travelled here from beyond the waterfall to this beautiful place to rescue a young couple that hail from our own island chain. However, we have found that they have been bound body and soul to Caerwyn and Orlando by the dweomercraft of Soryth and the hag now holds them all in thrall, one way or another."

"Whilst the company that you keep are good hosts who honour you with their hospitality to strangers, we would soon end both this sorry curse and also the harmful incursions by her servants in the realms beyond the waterfall."

jbear

First Post
Ragnar eyes the group darkly making no reply to their greetings straight away. The mood grows quite uncomfortable suddenly.

"Beyond the waterfall of the Crystal Cavern ... so what Robin has told me is true. A fey crossing of some sort to the world of Lost Children. This must be how the hag entered... so the mortal couple ... Relations of your Count? Well ... they were there when we attacked. Uma later told me that the hag's magic was manipulating the souls of the children of the archfey and those mortals. When our attack broke the magic, souls and minds were swapped. All of us awoke in the forests here. We regrouped, but we did not find the ones you speak of... I am sorry. Uma should have been able to contain the magic that thwarted and cursed us, and scattered the souls. But she could not. She failed. Now, we are cursed, bound to this island and against invading Soryth's lair again."

"Your actions remain too drastic Ragnar" says the large unicorn standing beside him softly.

"Untrue! Unfair Krin! I did what was necessary! Uma was too weak to make such a decision. All hope was lost!" Ragnar protests at the unicorn's accusation, his rage bubbling swiftly to the surface, a rage obviously terrible and deadly.

"And yet here stands before you those who dare ride the One Horn, those who have not been cursed in the same way you have, Ragnar, though cursed to remain they are. Yet they can still enter Soryth's lair. So hope remains. What say you Avatar of War? Have you come here to fight for peace as Eluna says, or simply fight?" The unicorn looks directly at Wat when it makes this last comment.

Ragnar slumps on his throne and broods silently, obviously unsettled and displeased by the unicorns words.

Ragnar:

219.jpg

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat's mood has softened (only slightly) with the passing of time since the battle and is finally ready to address Ragnar. Still, he is quite blunt about why they are here.

"Miss Rain here has a key to her lair
, a four leaf clover, but only one of several we need. From you we have come for a key made of oak just as from Uma we require some mistletoe."

Neil1889

First Post
Rain decides to clarify the situation a little.

"Lord Ragnar, good Krin, the couple from our side of the waterfall are not relatives of Count Varis, but they are the children of those lords of whom Count Varis wishes to be friends and allies to each other in much the same way he is to them. Perhaps even more so; after all, it is not his children that are involved."

"However, Soryth's bandits appear to be taking advantage of prejudices and manipulating circumstances so as to drive these two leaders and their peoples to war. The couple themselves just wish to be together."

Rain takes a deep breath, "Soryth is more an avatar of war than Wat is both here and there," Rain points downward at the mention of 'here' and gestures roughly towards the direction of Caves at the latter.

Her voices raises slightly, "My companion Wat is a priest of a tempestuous god, 'tis true. It is not improbable that he may exhibit some of his Lord's tempers. It is also true that we ourselves would not be here today without him."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases