[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Mewness

First Post
Sir Flibbertigibbet bows low to Rain, still hanging in midair. "Lady, you are wise, and your fine discernment must be a model for all of us, even for certain pig-headed brutes upon whom it is thoroughly wasted." He floats very close to Rain's ear, and murmurs in passing, "It is unfortunate that the lad was hasty in his oath; but he is not entirely in his right mind, and so may be released, should it come to that--but I yet have hope that, uncertain as my lord Ragnar's temper can be, he will not change his mind about sparing this boy if we can but save him now."

The pixie turns back to Basal. "So then, Basal, what do you say? Has my sudden presence so intimidated you that you wish to back out of this foolish battle? Then do so at once, be off with you! If not, then I will agree to the terms, as this eloquent blue-complected lady has amended them, right gladly; and you should know that my word is good--for I will swear on the fair city of Daunton and my own good sword." (It seems odd that a pixie should make a vow by the city of Daunton, but the tiny man seems quite sincere.) There is a brief pause. "I said, 'my own good sword,'" says the pixie very loudly, causing a ginormous glowing rapier to plummet from the ceiling point first and almost skewer him. When he darts down to the floor to retrieve it, it shrinks to a much more manageable size.

jbear

First Post
"I heard you, Mosquito!" roars Basal, whose cheeks had turned a darker shade of green upon the pixie's appearance. "Your bluster and pomp makes bile rise from my bowels. You have just agreed to let me teach you the painful lesson that Ragnar has never let me impart to you. If indeed your appearance means the devilling and her band speak true, and that I have been sent on a fool's mission, then it is you that will feel the sharp sting of my frustration. That at least will be some small comfort. But enough talk. I would play this game out and have at least some small satisfaction in doing so!"

The giant surges forward and so the duel begins!

GM: Go ahead and roll initiative while I get the map up and ready.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Initiative (1d20+1=9)

[sblock=Wat's Stats]Wat - Half-Elf Invoker 2+
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 17
AC 17, Fort 17, Reflex 15, Will 17
HP 32+5/32, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 1/10
Speed 5, Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Astral Wind,
Divine Bolts
Encounter Powers: Thunderwave [],
Thunder of Judgement [],
Shining Symbol [],
Channel Divinity [],
Encouraging Chant []
Daily Powers: Silent Malediction [x],
Amulet of Elegy [x],
Staff of Forceful Rebuking [x]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=Rain's Initiative is 5]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Zuri's Initiative is 8]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Zuri Stats]
Eladrin Rogue lvl 2
29 + 5 THP / 29 HPs 4/7 surges Surge Value 7 (8) (Moonstone Gem added)
AC 17 F/R/W 13/17/14
Init +5 Speed 6
Str 14 Con 12 Dex 18 Int 14 Wis 10 Cha 14

MBA: Dagger +7, 1d4+3 dmg
RBA: Dagger +9, 1d4+5 dmg, 5/10; Rebounding Handcrossbow +1 +8, 1d6+5 dmg

Skills: Stealth +10, Thievery +10, Athletics +8, Bluff +10, Intimidate +8, Streetwise +8, Arcana +5, History +5, Perception +6
Feats: Weapon Focus: Light Blades; Backstabber

Action Points: 2

[sblock=At Will Powers]
Riposte Strike: +9 vs AC; 1d4+5 dmg and if target attacks before eont make a MBA against it as Imm. Interrupt
Disheartening Strike: Melee: +9 vs AC; 1d4+5 dmg and target takes -2 to atks TENT
(Ranged: +8 vs AC; 1d6+5)
Sneak Attack: +2d8+2 dmg 1/turn when Zuri hits with CAdv
[/sblock]
[sblock=Encounter Powers]
Guarded Attack: Melee: +9 vs AC; 2d4+5 dmg and if target attacks before eont make a MBA against it as Imm. Interrupt and the target takes a -2 penalty to triggering attack roll [ ]
Fey Step [ ]
Sneak in the attack: (minor; melee 1) Until start of Zuri's next turn the next ally who hits the target with CAdv deals 2d8+2 extra dmg [ ]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Daily Powers]
Precise Incision: (Reliable) +9 vs AC; 3d4+5 dmg [ ]

[/sblock] [/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 2.
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 11. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 21, Fort: 14, Reflex: 15, Will: 15.
HP: 37 + 5 THP/37 +5 THP, Bloodied: 18, Surge Value: 9 (10 with Moonstone Gem), Surges left: 3/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder [Used]
Arcane Mutterings
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion - Encounter Power
Conditions: None.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
The verbeeg hunter becomes a blur of activity. Loping across the room effortlessly towards the group, he spins his spear like a staff. Three ripples of force cut through the air in three different directions. The pixie nips away, and Sabynha steps back in time, but Wat is caught by sudden attack. He feels the shock numb his mind. Blinking, it takes a few moments for the invoker to focus and his will and strength return. "Begin!"

[sblock=Combat]
Basal wins Initiative: 23
Move: 8 squares to F/g 7/8
Standard: Hunters Momentum: Basal makes 3 basic attacks (in this case RBAs)
Bewildering Bolt (RBA) vs Will: Sir Flib 15=Miss Wat 17=Hit Sabynha 14=Miss
Wat takes 12 dmg (non lethal) and Wat can't atk til start of Wat's next turn (this will have little effect I believe)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
Table and Stairs are Difficult terrain
Trapdoor: Remains open: 10 ft drop with ladder leading down
Bookshelf: 15ft high; can't be moved
[/sblock]

[sblock=Basal]AC ? F/R/W ??? HP: ??/?? [/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Wat: 25/32 0 THPs 1/10 surges
Sabynha: +5 THPs
Rain: 37 +5 THPs 3/11 Surges
Zuri: 29 +5 THPs 4/7 surges
Sir Flib:
Wolf:

Basal, verbeeg hunter: Unharmed
[/sblock]
Verbeeg Dilema Rnd 1.PNG

Mewness

First Post
Sir Flibbertigibbet blows another blast on his horn. “Attaaaack!” he shouts, pointing his sword at Basal and flying around the table. The wolf responds sluggishly, trotting behind him with a questioning look. “Oh, hang you, Daphne,” mutters Sir Flibbertigibbet, before putting on a sudden burst of speed and charging at the giant with all his force. There is a sharp cracking sound as his blade strikes home, and tiny shards of ice spray in all directions.

[sblock=actions, rolls]Move: Sir F to C6, Daphne to D7.

Standard: Sir F charges to E7. icy skewer charge vs basal (+2 CA, +1 charge); damage (+1d8 vanguard)
18(1d20) +9 +2 +1 = 30; 10(1d10) +9 +5(1d8) = 24
I’ll assume a 30 hits AC. That’s 24 cold damage and Sir F gains +2 power bonus to defenses Basal’s attacks until EoNT.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sir Flibbertigibbet]Sir Flibbertigibbet
Male Pixie Hexblade 3
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:19 (21), Fort:15 (17), Reflex:16 (18), Will:17 (19)
HP:37/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
:bmelee: Icy Skewer +9 vs. AC, 1d10+9 cold damage and Sir Flibbertigibbet gets a +2 power bonus to all defenses against the target’s attacks until EoNT.
:branged: Eldritch Bolt +6 vs. Reflex, 1d10+9 force damage, range 10
Eldritch Bolt, Icy Skewer, Soul Step
[o] Pixie Dust
[o] Shrink
[o] Piercing Shard
[o] Piercing Shard
[o] Ethereal Stride
[o] Second Wind
[o] Action Point

[o] Armor of Winter’s Grasp
[o] Vanguard Weapon daily

Conditions: +2 pow to defenses vs Basal (EoNT)

Full sheet: Sir Flibbertigibbet[/sblock]

[sblock=Daphne]Daphne
Female Fey Wolf (refluffed blink dog) Beast Companion 3
Speed: 7; Passive Perception: 18; Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:18 (--), Fort:16 (--), Reflex:16 (--), Will:16 (--)
HP:18/18, Bloodied:9
Aura 1: Blinking Pack--Daphne or any ally in the aura can use a move action to teleport to another square in the aura.
:bmelee: Blinking Bite +8 vs. AC, 1d8+1 damage and Daphne teleports up to 2 squares.

Conditions: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha immediately reacted to Basal's sudden attack by launching into her dance of blades. With a gypsy holler she summoned the last of her courage and charged forward against this formidable opponent, hoping to use the distraction of the newcomer to her advantage.

Her timing was spot on. Using the pixie's distraction, she leapt up from the table in a pirouette, and clocked the giant in the ear with the edge of her buckler.

[sblock=actions]Minor Action: Focused Discipline (offence - + 1 to hit with basic attacks)
Minor Action: Song of Serendipity (an ally can claim + 2 to hit if I hit with a basic attack)
Standard Action: Charge from L7 to H7 (flanking position with Sir Flib); basic attack 1d20+8+2+1+1=20, 1d6+6=11 (non-lethal)
If that hits (I will assume it does and edit if it missed), use a Free Action to use Lesser Flash of Distraction to render Basal Dazed until EONT.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]Sabynha Half-elf Skald Bard 2+
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 21 Passive Perception 16; Senses Low-light Vision
Skald's Aura (Healing, Martial) aura 5; see below.
HP 30/33 (5 thp) Bloodied 16 Surge Value 8; Surges 1/10
AC 19 Fortitude 15 Reflex 17 Will 17
Saving Throws [+0]
Action Points 1
Speed 6

Powers

Focused Discipline - Active;
+1 to hit on basic attacks
Song of Savagery
Song of Serendipity
- Active; if I hit, an ally can claim +2 to hit
Skald's Aura - Active, 2 heals remaining
Knack For Success
Words of Friendship
Sly Dodge
Lesser Flash of Distraction (spent)
Cautionary Tale or Disruptive Words (spent)
Inspire Competence
Hero's Armour Daily Power (spent) [/sblock]
OOC: An ally can claim a +2 bonus to an attack roll. Basal is Dazed EONT. When I submitted my first attempt on this post, I got an error message from the forum and lost everything, so I re-did it. :\

jbear

First Post
Basal grimaces as the pixie drives home its icy shard into his body. His response is instantaneous his spear flashing back towards the pixie, but the tiny creature dances out of the way. It seems the verbeeg has underestimated his foes as Sabynha closes in and clouts him around the ears, leaving him momentarily dazed.

GM: Sir Flib's atk triggers an action: Sweeping Riposte 17 vs AC=Miss

Basal's AC is 18; He is currently Dazed

Remove ads