• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
Calisto shield herself against the attack of the kobold who fall under her mind attack. Being so successful, she do that trick again against the group that are attacking J'ryi, doing another good amount of damage.

Nejs moves up, hopefully avoiding further traps. As he strikes at the kobold, he shares his confidence with Willow empathically.

Fissure looks around quickly again, then seems to slip forward at the mass facing the dragonborn. His punches and kicks strike at the mass, the final sweep of his tree-trunk scattering those still standing.

J'ryi moves to get a better angle of attack, and sights his prey. He then makes a titanic leap through the underbrush. The dragonborn knocks away the kobold's glaive as he crashes into the smaller figure, slamming the kobold to the ground. "Just you and me again, munchkin," J'ryi snarls. "And if you thought I was being cruel before - that was business. Now, I'm pissed." Sensing his advantage, J'ryi makes a desperate attempt to restrain the kobold, reaching for the lesser dragonkin's throat. The kobold's claws make it a desperate struggle on both sides.

Ghorgor decides he ought to lock down the nasty little kobolds so they don't hurt anyone no more.

As the band of kobolds dissipate, Willow gathers the individual parts of her form, and a thick cloud of insects roils toward the last remaining. Soon, the glaive wielding kobold finds himself covered in the pinching, stinging insects as bits of his flesh and other soft tissue are being pulled from his scaly body.

As the group finishes off the kobolds, their leader drops his glaive as he's in J'yri's clutches and says "Ok, you win, I give, you strong"

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Glaive - surrenders

[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Enemy Stats]
Kobolds: 16 AC; F/R/W: ?/15/13
Glaive: ?? AC; F/R/W: ?/14/?
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Heroes win

Ok, so we'll use Mal's rules again, seemed to work out ok. A few points though, you can only benefit from a TENT effect once. i.e. if Nejs grants a bonus that lasts TENT and gos first in round 1, he can't delay to be last in round 2 to make sure everyone gets two rounds of benefits from it. Cool?

If you move, please make sure you list what path you take. i.e. if Nejs wanted to move to F3 he should put Move: To F3 (G-1 > G0 > G1 > G2 > F3).

Ghorgor - unharmed
J'yri - 21/29
Willow - 25/25, used 2 surges, used AP
Calisto - 20/30,
Nejs - 28/33 -
Fissure - unharmed

Initiative:
So Nejs and Willow get a chance, then enemies, then everyone again

enemies; Nejs, Fissure, Calisto, Willow, Ghorgor, J'yri (1d20+3=16, 1d20+3=20, 1d20+5=8, 1d20+1=13, 1d20+3=17, 1d20+1=2, 1d20+3=5)

[/sblock]

Karmic_vegeance

First Post
"We can ask him after he's tied up." Pulling a length of rope from his pack, J'ryi forces the kobold's hands behind his back, then ties his wrists and arms together, leaving an extra length of rope on the end as a leash. "Can't trust you to just leave well enough alone anymore - so you're coming with us." Routinely testing the rope, he finds his knots are secure as expected, the result of years of practice. The dragonborn leans down and addresses the lesser dragonkin to his face: "I'm going to let you walk, but if you pull anything - even if you make me yank on this damn rope because you're moving too slow - you're not going to like it." J'ryi then nods towards Ghorgor, still speaking to the kobold. "So how about it? Where's the library really at?"

[sblock=OOC]Whenever we get around to a short rest, I'm going to spend a healing surge to top off my HP.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Meep!" the kobold exclaims as J'yri tests the ropes, nearly pulling the smaller creature from its feet.

"Other kobold tell truth, it up ahead, but you tall folk probably miss it, it in a cave." he says

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Calisto will spend 1 HS, bring herself to 27/30.[/SBLOCK]

"If we will probably miss it, you can come with us." suggest Calisto.

Walking Dad

First Post
Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 2

Nejs hears sceptically the kobold's words.

[sblock=ooc]

any tingling from my passive insight?

spend surge to be back at full HP.

---

Aura 5: +3 damage on opportunity attacks, +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.

---

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Nejs Ragan
Perception: 12 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 16
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 33 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Demoralizing Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter Powers: Power Points: 2/2, Ardent Surge 2/2, Ardent Outrage, Virtuous Strike, Dimensional Swap
Daily Powers: Implanted Suggestion

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
My laptop is currently with IT being migrated to my new unit so I'm without all my maptools files for now (I've backed them up on a memory stick also). I'm on vacation this week and my home PC is acting up as well so I should be able to post an update tomorrow when I get my lappie back. Sorry for delay [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Fissure straightened out his clothing, rumpled in the attack. He then rests his chin on the top of his up-rooted tree, contemplating the attack. How he felt the Stone as he moved. He left the finding of the cave to the others.

renau1g

First Post
The kobold wisely leads the heroes on, looking out for its own skin rather than its allies. It does lead you further inland from the large rock that served as a landmark earlier. After an hour or so of walking, he stops you. The kobold points to a large area of bushes in front of you. "Past those is the place" he mutters.

As you peek through the bushes you see that small reptilian tracks disturb the fine sand that spills out of the secluded cave before you. A nearby pile of sharp, jagged rocks has been haphazardly piled outside of the cave.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Fissure frowns, then turns towards the sand. He peers in at the enterance. Traps before. Maybe traps now. After a moment, he shrugs. Or maybe not. He waits for the big guys to go up front.

OOC: Perception 8. Ouch. Same marching order, right? :devil:

Remove ads