• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''We here. So, best thing to do is review equipment before fight. Hammer, check. Shield, check. Top Hat... Top hat... Where is top hat?''

[sblock=Initiative]
Intiative (1d20+1=3)

So... yeah.

Perception (1d20+3=14)

And I can't even pretend it's because I noticed the tracks. (and damn it, why do I keep forgetting to write in Ghorgor instead of Mal for my rolls!?)
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Fissure kept alert, focused on the Stone. There might be trouble soon. Seeing the subtle but sudden change in J'yr's shoulder's as the dragonborn rounds the corner, the goliath suddenly sprints forward. He flows around the corner and places himself before the nearest foe. It had a weapon, and that was enough for Fissure. The goliath pivoted on his tree limb, launching a heavy kick at the kobold's gut. [sblock=OOC]Init 24. Passive Perception 17. Use Open the Gate of Battle to move 8 squares to I8 then attack: Ref 16, 21hp. It is nonlethal, as Fissure's intent is to disarm, instead of kill.

Sorry, Calisto. Fissure sees weapons. :)[/sblock]

Karmic_vegeance

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]1d20+3 = 22. Woo![/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I'll post my actions after I figure out exactly how I have to interact with my prisoner in this fight. Do I count as grabbing him at the moment? Am I going to have to hand him off to somebody before I can go beat some faces in? Or does he just follow me around? Can I hoist him up onto my back and secure him somehow? What sort of actions am I looking at for that? I'm just a little lost at the moment.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Prisoner]
Well, I marked him incapacitated in my notes, he's weapon-less and tied up so you can try to drag him around, but that'll use one of your free hands. You can leave him here, intimidate as a free action (as he's already defeated) to cow him into not running. You can take a move action to "strap" him to your back if you'd like also [/sblock]

Karmic_vegeance

First Post
Though he does not notice any danger before turning the corner, J'ryi's quick reflexes allow him to take advantage of the pause as the two parties meet. Yanking on the leash, he forces his kobold prisoner to the ground. As he moves up to begin the fight, he growls at his former opponent: "Don't go anywhere - I've had enough of chasing you around, you hear?" He shouts to his party, "Make sure he doesn't move!" Leaping into the cave, he fires a wave of flame across a large pit in the floor, engulfing one of the miners on the other side. As the startled Dragonshield next to him attempts to strike, the dragonborn smacks the kobold's weapon away, then pins the small creature in a vise-like grapple.

[sblock=Actions] Free Action: Intimidate the prisoner into staying put - 1d20+8=16. Move Action: From I6 -> F11. Minor Action: Dragon Breath from C12 to E14 (I'm assuming that squares D12 -> E13 is a pit, not a blocking pillar?), against Miner and Miner 1. Miner: 1d20+6=11 (Miss); Miner 1: 1d20+6=25 (Hit); 1d6+2=8 damage. Standard Action: Grappling Strike against Kobold DS: 1d20+6=21 (Hit); 1d10+4=10 damage, and the Kobold is grabbed and marked.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Now that we've been reminded that we can deal nonlethal damage, I'll join Fissure in trying to KO our enemies, rather than kill them.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 2

Initiative (1d20+3=10)

[sblock=ooc]

Sorry for being late :blush:.

---

Aura 5: +3 damage on opportunity attacks, +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.

---

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Nejs Ragan
Perception: 12 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 16
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 33 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Demoralizing Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter Powers: Power Points: 2/2, Ardent Surge 2/2, Ardent Outrage, Virtuous Strike, Dimensional Swap
Daily Powers: Implanted Suggestion

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Willow darts around the corner in time to see J'ryi snatch up the kobold. She makes her way to the pair and locks her eyes on the pinned lizard and then quickly grasps its face tight in her bony fingers. Her fingers begin writhing around the thing's face, and into its eyes, nose, and ears. Soon after, her entire body melts into a slithering mound of hungry worms determined to tear apart the kobold from the inside out.

[sblock=Actions]
Initiative: 1d20+3=19
Move to F9
Minor: Wild Shape
Standard: Savage Rend vs. Kobold DS; 1d20+5 hits REF 23 for 11 damage (Roll Lookup. Willow will forgo the slide in favor of J'ryi maintaining the grab.[/sblock]

Karmic_vegeance

First Post
[sblock=Willow]As long as you don't slide the kobold out of my reach (AKA keep him adjacent to me standing in F11), the grab won't end just because of the forced movement; so you could slide him to F10 or E11 if you wanted.[/sblock]

Remove ads