Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thanks for the confidence, Taran. Abigail appreciates it, too. ;)

Um, would it be bad to have Abby carrying that potion? Or should we give it to Dante? It really should be one or the other, since the other front line characters are capable of self-healing in one way or another. Dante actually might be the best choice, since we don't want the striker spending a second wind and wasting the action, whereas it actually isn't so bad for a defender....[/sblock]

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]:D

I agree; Dante's actions are very valuable and his healing surge value is tiny, so he's the best choice for potion carrier. That way I can put my Infusions on our defenders, which is probably the best place for them anyway.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]I'll take the potion gladly - especially since it's worth double my surge value! Let's hope that invisible castle likes me as much in this fight as it did in the last one.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OCC]I'm assuming this adventure will be short enough that we don't level up, but I just wanted to check since I want to rebuild Dante slightly before he hits level 2 and I lose the "full" rebuild. I was going to rebuild him after that first combat, but since we seem to be heading into another one, I'll wait... Also, do you know what the protocol is for going about the rebuild?[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=OCC]I'm assuming this adventure will be short enough that we don't level up, but I just wanted to check since I want to rebuild Dante slightly before he hits level 2 and I lose the "full" rebuild. I was going to rebuild him after that first combat, but since we seem to be heading into another one, I'll wait... Also, do you know what the protocol is for going about the rebuild?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Offhand, I think if you want to rebuild in game, it's up the GM. But I think you're allowed the free rebuild even if you level up - you just get to rebuild before you actually level up.

Out of curiousity, what's your rebuild going to entail? I'm thinking of rebuilding abby, too, but I think I can get by with just doing some retraining. I have a bit more of an idea what the character is like, now (I envision her as sort of a tougher, more skilled version of Marion Ravenwood from Raiders of the Lost Ark crossed with, say, Indiana Jones or Lara Croft)[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=ooc]Offhand, I think if you want to rebuild in game, it's up the GM. But I think you're allowed the free rebuild even if you level up - you just get to rebuild before you actually level up.

Out of curiousity, what's your rebuild going to entail? I'm thinking of rebuilding abby, too, but I think I can get by with just doing some retraining. I have a bit more of an idea what the character is like, now (I envision her as sort of a tougher, more skilled version of Marion Ravenwood from Raiders of the Lost Ark crossed with, say, Indiana Jones or Lara Croft)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]"...Indiana Jones or Lara Croft" + dragonling and a general fire theme. :)

Ah, that's good to know. As for rebuilding, it's pretty purely mechanical. I'm going to replace the two at-wills I'll probably never use with Throw and Stab(ranged attack + charge) + Marauder's Rush(extra damage, can use in place of a charge). That way when I get my farbond spiked chain, I can use the combo of those two powers to close distance.

I'm also undecided on which Encounter I want, between an minor-action attack, one of the improved versions of Twin-strike, or an improved cersion of Throw and Stab...[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]"...Indiana Jones or Lara Croft" + dragonling and a general fire theme. :)

Ah, that's good to know. As for rebuilding, it's pretty purely mechanical. I'm going to replace the two at-wills I'll probably never use with Throw and Stab(ranged attack + charge) + Marauder's Rush(extra damage, can use in place of a charge). That way when I get my farbond spiked chain, I can use the combo of those two powers to close distance.

I'm also undecided on which Encounter I want, between an minor-action attack, one of the improved versions of Twin-strike, or an improved cersion of Throw and Stab...[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Ha. The second I was in the tavern thread, I realized my dragonling companion was pretty much just a flying ferret. I don't know whether that's awesome, or terrifying. :)

Ah, yes. I was looking over those last night - those are both great powers. I'd almost make a ranger without Twin Strike because of those two - of course, I wouldn't, because Twin Strike is just that good. And the Throw and Stab + Marauder's Rush + Action Point + Encounter/Daily combo is pretty fantastic... especially if you take that feat that lets you deal your Quarry again when you spend an AP.

Too bad you don't get Prime Shot as a beastmaster, because you could take the Running Attack variant and get an even bigger bonus.
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post

[sblock=ooc]Actually, this should get you to level 2, with the time XP, possibly without. I think you can do the rebuild as part of the level up, but I'm not entirely sure.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Abigail cautiously tries the door. It's latched, but not locked. As she turns the latch and starts to push, the ground becomes unsteady beneath her feet as the weight of the fish she's standing on pushes through the now open door. As her companions watch, the "walls" of fish on either side of her begin to collapse inward, filling the gap and pouring down upon her. An avalanche of fish descends: cascades of cod, torrents of tuna, showers of salmon, and mounds of mackerel! Down it falls, the flood of fish washing over its victim.

It is all over in a second. The fish has now leveled out, with the lowest point, just above where the top of the door was, about three feet below the rim of the pit. The fish is calm, but Abigail is nowhere to be seen![sblock=map]
SecondFishRoomRound1.gif
[/sblock][sblock=status]Abigail - ??? - 24/27 (5/9) AP:1
Alastair - H23 - 24/24 (4/7) AP:1
Dante - I24 - 22/22 (2/6) AP:1
Virgil - J25 - 20/22 (0/2)
Eraden - L25 - 28/28 (7/11) AP:1
Talks-to-the-Moon - F25 - 26/29 (5/9) AP:1[/sblock][sblock=Abigail only]
[sblock=Really. Abigail only]
Abigail is swept through the doorway by the fish, but battered and bumped by the surging seafood.
[sblock=ooc]
Trap Attack on Abigail (vs reflex): (1d20+4=12, 2d6+2=8) miss for half damage=4.
Make an Acrobatics of Athletics roll (DC15) to get out of the way (no damage)
[/sblock]
She finds herself in the room below the central platform of the fish warehouse. There is another large double-door opposite the one she came through, and a small opening in the wall to the south. There are a few more crates here, but apart from that, the room appears to be unoccupied.

[sblock=map]
RoomBelowFishRound1.gif
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads