Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=auberon]As I understand it, you can use as many as you've got. I don't think any of this party has any rest boosters, so you'd need three to get you back up to full.[/sblock]

taran

First Post
Eraden can see a look of concern start to take form on the leader's face. Eraden looks at the bodies of his allies, and possibly even friends on the floor and thinks this is not justice, it is murder and revenge.
"I don't think it his place, nor ours to judge him here Speaker. Let his fate be deemed by the gods and let his loss here today serve to place him on a better path."
Speaker sneers, but ultimately gives ground before Eraden's righteous certainty. "Your choice, godsman, and it's on your head if you guessed wrong." She turns her back on the proceedings and sits down a few paces away, mixing powders and muttering under her breath.

Once the negotiations are concluded, and the party has wrung all the information they can from the mercenaries, Talks-to-the-Moon approaches him again. "You've got a lot of sure in you, godsman. Be maybe you'll need this." She casts another powder over him, glittering silver, that dissipates into the air almost at once.[sblock=OOC]I'll spend two healing surges on myself, and two more to refresh my infusions.

The powder Speaker threw on Eraden is Arcane Empowerment. Once time only, Eraden may add +2 to an attack roll he's just made.[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
Once the negotiations are concluded, and the party has wrung all the information they can from the mercenaries, Talks-to-the-Moon approaches him again. "You've got a lot of sure in you, godsman. Be maybe you'll need this." She casts another powder over him, glittering silver, that dissipates into the air almost at once.

Eraden smiles as Speaker empowers him, unsure if the powder she cast upon him was a blessing or enchantment. "One could be sure of only so much, instead I have faith, and thats enough for me." Eraden turns and looks down at the pile of weapons left behind by the group of mercenaries.

[sblock=loot?]
This is my first play by post so I'm not sure how loot works. Can we take the weapons left behind? Do we get gold equal to its value? Do we ignore it and get parcels at the end? Is there even loot in a pbp game???
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
As a side note I am loving the different personalities in our group! Very different and intresting character dynamics.
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Abigail does her best to look intimidating as the mercenaries depart, although she seems to be doing a rather poor job, what with a smoking, cauterized stomach wound. After realizing it's a lost cause, she instead ducks out of sight behind a crate to straighten her armour and hair up a bit, to look perhaps a bit less.... beaten up.

When she emerges, she's a touch more confident in appearance. She goes and gathers her dropped blade, before saying "Alright. I guess we're pressing on, down below? Because none of this sounds good. Especially that weird glub-nik thing that guy mentioned...."

After a pause, Abby scowls, realizes she never said anything intimidating, and runs to the door to shout after the departing mercenaries. "If... If I ever see you again, I'll kill you!" she shouts off into the night. Seemingly satisfied, she walks back into the room.

"There. That's better. Alright. What next?"

auberon

First Post
"If... If I ever see you again, I'll kill you!" she shouts off into the night. Seemingly satisfied, she walks back into the room.

"There. That's better. Alright. What next?"

"Nothing to it, but to proceed forward"
, while gesturing helpfully at the curtain. "I'll sneak ahead, if that will help."

[sblock=actions]Alastair burns three healing surges to get to full HP.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=loot?]
This is my first play by post so I'm not sure how loot works. Can we take the weapons left behind? Do we get gold equal to its value? Do we ignore it and get parcels at the end? Is there even loot in a pbp game???
[/sblock]

[sblock=loot]Ignore the stuff left behind. It'll get made up in treasure at the end--of course if you want your share of the treasure to be in used weapons and armor, I guess I can provide it.

By the way, you're the only one without a wish list on your character sheet. Let me know before we reach the final encounter.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
The room behind the curtain is mostly a mirror image of the first one. There are the same fish-oil lamps, the same high windows, the same curtain at either end, and the same pervasive smell of fish. The crates are in different positions, but the main difference is that instead of being chock-full of fish from end to end, the central pit has a depression in the center where the fish is lower, forming a ramp that leads down to a double door.

On the ground just behind the curtain is a small bag, probably dropped by the mercenary leader. In it is some gold and a vial of something that's easily identifiable as a healing potion.

[sblock=ooc]Milestone time! Everybody gets another Action Point[/sblock][sblock=History DC 15]The name 'Gluplik' is that of a sea monster that was said to roam the waters around Daunton a two or more centuries ago, back when the city was little more than a fishing village.[sblock=DC 20]It is said that from time to time, the people of the villages would sacrifice a young maiden to Gluplik, to appease him and get him to stop scaring away the fish.[sblock=DC 25]A more disturbing rumor is that Gluplik would mate with his sacrificial victims, spawing hideous fish-man hybrids.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Perception DC 15 (active or passive)]It looks like the fish has recently filled the pit higher. There's a distinct wet mark along the walls above the level of the fish near the door below.[sblock=DC 20]The fish have shifted, and are balanced rather precariously. Best to be careful opening the door.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=map]
SecondFishRoom.gif
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases