Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=Actions]
Standard=Bolstering Stike Hit for 10 vs Merc Leader. Minor= Lay on hands on myself, gaining 12 life. Move= move to E20, avoiding AO from wizard. I also gain 2 temp hit points.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Overall good round. Will post story fluff and mini stats later tonight or tomorrow morning. Wanted to get this done as to hot hold up the group. Just hang tight abi, if we have another round like this you could be up before you now it.
Dante + alastair, way to work that leader, with my hit he should be weak enough for you two to finish him and work on the mage. I have moved in to cover the archers before they get Abi to -bloodied.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
[sblock= regarding Dante]
Um, I really don't liek the idea of running Dante and Virgil, for two reasons:

1) I'm also gonna be mostly out of town for the week, so it's kind of out of the way
2) Both are bloodied, so were one to fall, I'd feel super guilty. And since I don't really know the characters' abilities.... I just really don't wanna do it. Please don't make me do it! :)

Anyways, yeah, would it be alright if you ran them, Ben, using your pre-existing policy?

Also, I'll be in Vancouver starting tomorrow, until wednesday morning. I should have internet access, intermittingly, so I should have no problem posting my dying saves. :)
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
The leader of the mercenaries looks woozily around. Half his force is down, and he himself is badly battered and surrounded by enemies. He growls, looks at his sword, then hands it hilt-first to Dante.

"Stand down, lads," he calls to his group. "They've got me dead to rights, and you couldn't beat them without me."

The two remaining archers drop their bows and put their hands above their heads. The goblin hesitates a bit, then likewise puts his hands up, although he calmly sheaths his sword first.

The spellcaster smiles wistfully. "Would ye like the staff?" she says to Eraden. "Won't stop me, ye know, but ye can take it if ye want." But she likewise raises her hands.

[sblock=terrain features]
* The big pit filled with fish (the light green area labeled "fish" is challenging terrain. Make a DC 15 Acrobatics or Athletics roll or fall prone whenever you take a move action which moves you on to a square of terrain (you don't have to roll for each square, only once per round).

* The conveniently labeled catwalks along the side are a different sort of challenging terrain. If you have a hand free, you can move normally along them. Otherwise it's a DC 20 Acrobatics roll to avoid falling flat on the fish.

* The big boxes provide cover. They provide superior cover (& concealment) for people crouching or prone behind them, or for small characters. They can be moved (DC 15 Athletics roll to push, DC 20 to pull or slide). Also, for an extra square of movement, you can jump up on top of one.

* The curtains provide superior cover. It's one extra square of movement to go through.
[/sblock][sblock=actions]Just in case you decide to keep fighting:
Merc Leader Save vs. Dazed etc. (1d20=20)[/sblock][sblock=status]
Archer 1 - D21 - Minion
Archer 2 - E21 - Minion
Archer 3 - F18 - 0/1 Unconscious
Archer 4 - XXX - 0/1 Dead
Goblin 1 - XXX - 0/29 Dead
Goblin 2 - A18 - 29/29
Mercenary 1 - XXX - 0/47 Dead
Mercenary 2 - XXX - 0/47 Dead
Mercenary Leader - H19 - 18/66 AP:1 Warlocks' Curse (Alastair), Hunter's Quarry (Dante), Dazed & All Enemies have Concealment (save ends)
Mercenary Wizard - G18 - 44/44 Warlock's Curse (Alastair), Divine Challenge (Eraden)

Abigail - C20 - -6/27 (8/9) AP:0 Unconscious, Dying
Alastair - G12 - 8/24 (7/7) AP:0
Dante - I19 - 12/22 (4/6) AP:0
Virgil - I20 - 10/22 (2/2)
Eraden - G16 - 22+2/28 (9/11) AP:0
Talks-to-the-Moon - A10 - 12/29 (9/9) AP:0
[/sblock][sblock=map]
FishRoomCombat7.gif
[/sblock][sblock=enemies]
Archers: AC 13, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13
* Archer's Dodge: +4 AC vs. Opportunity Attacks
* None of the archers is currently wielding a melee weapon, therefore none will take Opportunity Attacks.
Goblins: AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12
* OA: Shortsword +6 vs. AC, 1d6+2 damage
* The remaining goblin has put away his sword and therefore will not take Opportunity Attacks.
Mercenary Wizard: AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 16
* OA: Quarterstaff: +5 vs. AC, 1d8 Damage
Mercenary Leader: AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 14
* OA: Longsword: +7 vs. AC, 1d8+6 damage, and the target is marked TENT
* The Mercenary Leader is no longer in posession of his sword and therefore will not take Opportunity Attacks.[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
Eraden snatches the staff from the wizards hands."You are lucky I take this and not your life woman." He says as he sheaths the staff with the javalins on his back. He walks over to Abigail and sees her bleeding from her torso then looks back up towards the man who ordered the group to stand down. "Tell me" Eraden says as he bends down and tries to stabilize his fallen team mate. "what have you done with the girl you took earlier?"

[sblock=ooc]
I have tried to stabilize Abi but not sure what the DC is for that. If the rest of you wish to finish the fight that is fine by me but we should get Abi on her feet before we do so. If a diplomacycheck is needed for my question I have already rolled one. Also if we do fight them, we should try and find out where the girl is before we kill them, and I have taken the wizards staff which should result in a smaller bonus to attack.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Eraden-Male Half-Elf Paladin
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, For: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 16
HP: 19/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges/Day: 8/11
Speed: 5 Squares, Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin
AP: 0, Second Wind: Used
Powers: Lay on Hands 0/2, Divine Challange, Bolstering Stike, Enfeebling strike, Channel Divinity: Devine Mettle or Divine Strength, Shielding Smite, Eyebite, Radiant Delirium
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Eraden snatches the staff from the wizards hands."You are lucky I take this and not your life woman."

"Not you," the mercenary leader says. "You're not a killer. Otherwise you wouldn't have just knocked the kid here out." He motions to the unconscious archer. "Do you mind if I take a look at him?"

"Tell me" Eraden says as he bends down and tries to stabilize his fallen team mate. "what have you done with the girl you took earlier?"

"Just what we were hired to do. We brought her here, and turned her over to the fellow that hired us."

[sblock=insight roll 15 (passive or active)]He seems world-weary, but genuinely concerned with his troops.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Abigail sits up, with the bandage on her chest. "Thanks. Oo.... that's gonna leave a mark."

She limps off to a crate, puts her back against it, and closes her eyes. Her skin glistens with perspiration, and she seems to have a feverish cast. She begins concentrating, hoping to bring back Azuras.

[sblock=ooc]
Can we take two short rests, so I can summon Azuras and THEN spend my healing surges to heal back up?[/sblock]

Remove ads