• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

taran

First Post
"Feh! I've smelled worse!" She's lying, but it's a noble effort. Anyway, Talks-to-the-Moon steps forward and lashes Gluplik with a burst of acid.[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to K12
Standard: Scouring Weapon Gluplik 9 acid damage, and he takes a -2 penalty to AC until the end of Speaker's next turn.[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Ben, I don't know if it would change anything but Gluplik should have taken an additional -2 to attack. -2 for the enfeebling strike and -2 from not making an attack that includes me as a target. He also takes 5 damage.

Edit: Did Abi mark Gully after I did? Just noticed it said that in the status portion. If so, doesnt the sword mage mark still give -2 to attacks that dont include her?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]
Ben, I don't know if it would change anything but Gluplik should have taken an additional -2 to attack. -2 for the enfeebling strike and -2 from not making an attack that includes me as a target. He also takes 5 damage.

Edit: Did Abi mark Gully after I did? Just noticed it said that in the status portion. If so, doesnt the sword mage mark still give -2 to attacks that dont include her?
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Creatures can only have one mark on them at a time. Whoever marked it last has the mark, meaning you and Wik need to decide who gets it(Abby has it right now since she marked it last).[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante nods approvingly at the icy chill of his chain and lashes out with it, lacerating the monstrosity and leaping away as Virgil advances to protect him.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Twin Strike:
Attack 1 vs Gluplik: 1d20+7+2 = 28, hit for 2d4+3 = 8 + 1d6 = 9 damage.
Attack 2 vs Gluplik: 1d20+7+2 = 22, hit for 2d4+3 = 6 damage.
Move: Dante moves to N-13, Virgil moves to M-12.
Minor: -[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Dante, Male Human Ranger 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 16, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:8/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:2/6
Initiative +3
Action Points: 0
Powers: Twin Strike, Predator Strike, Careful Attack, Second Wind, Off-Hand Strike, Jaws of the Wolf

Effects: Icebound Sigil (+3 cold damage on hit)

Note: Dante makes an OA on any creature that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as it OR Virgil are within reach 2. +7 vs. AC, 2d4+4 damage.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 16, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:20/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:0/2
Initiative As Dante

Virgil's OA attacks: +7 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Creatures can only have one mark on them at a time. Whoever marked it last has the mark, meaning you and Wik need to decide who gets it(Abby has it right now since she marked it last).[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Abigail's mark was still on from last round (hence her teleport), so you'd need to specify if you wanted to mark. Hrm. Still, Gluplik was marked by someone he didn't attack, so that -2 does apply, assuming it stacks with the -2 penalty from the Enfeebling strike. I will recalculate, but I don't think it affects who is hit. [/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yeah, Abby had marked Gluplik last. I'll be posting her attacks as soon as the sharks/avs game ends. :)

As for this round, you can mark it if you want. But I kind of thought it'd be better for Abby to mark and pull away, mark and pull away - milking this guy for all the damage we can do!
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yeah, Abby had marked Gluplik last. I'll be posting her attacks as soon as the sharks/avs game ends. :)

As for this round, you can mark it if you want. But I kind of thought it'd be better for Abby to mark and pull away, mark and pull away - milking this guy for all the damage we can do!
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Gluplik didn't attack Abigail, so she gets a free swat at him, even though she doesn't need to teleport to do it.

Go Sharks![/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Go Sharks![/sblock]

I fully agree. I think I'm the only Sharks fan in Victoria. But I'm pretty rabid. Right now, the game is 2-0, and a third goal looks like it's about to get waved off. :(

Crazy good game. I've been wathcing it on CBCsports' live stream, because there's a huge Ottawa-Pittsburgh game that JUST concluded. Blegh.

Anyways. Game is halfway done, and I might get a post done during the intermission. Looking forward to Abi's swing!

Wik

First Post
As Abigail isn't targeted, she strikes at Gluplik's back. "Come on, you big squid!" she screams, stabbing in rage.

The beast turns around, and faces Abby. The swordswoman stumbles backward, a little unnerved, but then snarls in rage and swings her flaming blade at the creature's head. The blade sears across the flesh, instantly cauterizing the wound.

"You like that!?" she screams. "I said, do you like THAT!?". She then laughs unnervingly, while Azuras scampers around her shoulder and arm, hissing at the beast before disappearing once more into the folds of her clothing.

Abigail then ducks one of the creature's swings, and rolls away from the attack. She spots the curtain flash back, and then starts running, easily dodging Gluplik's clumsy swings as she warily moves towards the curtain. "Are we chasing these guys!? Or are we focusing on the giant fish?"

[sblock=actions]
Intermediate Interrupt: Attack Gluplik. MISS.Opportunity Attack, with Combat Advantage (1d20+8=14, 1d8+6=13)
Standard: Greenflame Blade on Gluplik. HIT! (10 Damage)Greenflame blade on Gluplik w/Combat Advantage; Fire damage vs. AC. (1d20+9=17, 1d8+7=10)
Minor: Mark Gluplik
Move: Move Away, moving to I15.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
If Eternal would like to, he can mark Gluplik next time around (ie, Abby won't have marked the guy). Abby is going to start worrying about pulling Hake into the fight, since Gluplik is taking some serious damage. Or you can leave the mark on, and force him to chase Abby or take the OA. Totally your call.
[/sblock]

[sblock=tactics]
So, what IS our plan? Are we waiting until the solo is absolutely dead (I think we're getting pretty close) or should I start trying to rescue the fair princess? Or should we kill the solo, and hope the fight is over? I know Abby is a bit banged up, but I think she might be able to take out Hake. Or at least block him from making more of those silly sniping attacks. [/sblock]

[sblock=Abigail]Female Human Assault Swordmage 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:11/27, Bloodied:13, Surges:4/9 (Value 8)
Special: Surge value drops to 6 if Azuras is "dead"
Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Unavailable
Powers:
Greenflame Blade, Sword Burst, Luring Strike, Aegis of Assault, Flame Cyclone, Sneak Attack, Burning Blade

BURNING BLADE POWER IN EFFECT: +3 Fire Damage on all Melee Attacks

Opportunity Attacks: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage

Azuras: Dragonling Companion (passive)
Azuras has all the same defenses as Abigail when active, and has 1 hit point. Azuras is healed on a short rest, and can only be targeted when active - he is immune to attacks whilst passive.
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Abigail then ducks one of the creature's swings, and rolls away from the attack. She spots the curtain flash back, and then starts running, easily dodging Gluplik's clumsy swings as she warily moves towards the curtain.

Did you roll for Gluplik's OA?[/sblock]

Remove ads