• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yeah, sorry. My comp is notoriously slow, and it's being a super pain right now. Plus, y'know... playoffs. ;) I've got a few things to do, and I'll try to use IC afterwards. If I'm not back in, say, an hour, go without me!
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc 2]
Also, to Eraden: Sorry for overriding your mark there, but I think it'll work out better for both of us if Abi marks the BBEG while she's out of the critter's reach (I hope). That -2 to hit will make you even safer, and even if he does hit you, it'll get Abby into perfect positioning for her Sneak Attack next round (because she plans on teleporting into a flank with her Aegis). [/sblock]

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Abigail quickly moves forward, making eye contact with Gluplik. She gives the monstrosity a defiant glance, and then quickly leaps back to dodge one of the horror's attacks. Quickly, she takes an offhand swing at the Guardsman, and her flaming blade slashes across his neck. As the guard falls to the ground, Abi triumphantly leaps back, and focuses her attention on the fish monster.

[sblock=actions]
Move action to Shift to N13
Minor to Mark Gluplik
Standard: Luring Strike (shift to M12 first) vs. Guard X. Luring Strike vs. AC vs. Guard X (1d20+7=24, 1d8+3=8) (Kill!). As part of the action, Abby can shift back to N13 - and in the off chance the guard is still alive, he has to follow. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Hey, guys, we just took a soldier down from full HP to death in one round! And two of the three hits were by defenders![/sblock]

[sblock=taran]
Any way I can get some of those awesome temp Hps? Or are you out for this encounter?[/sblock]

[sblock=Abigail]Female Human Assault Swordmage 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:11/27, Bloodied:13, Surges:4/9 (Value 8)
Special: Surge value drops to 6 if Azuras is "dead"
Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Unavailable
Powers:
Greenflame Blade, Sword Burst, Luring Strike, Aegis of Assault, Flame Cyclone, Sneak Attack, Burning Blade

BURNING BLADE POWER IN EFFECT: +3 Fire Damage on all Melee Attacks

Opportunity Attacks: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage

Azuras: Dragonling Companion (passive)
Azuras has all the same defenses as Abigail when active, and has 1 hit point. Azuras is healed on a short rest, and can only be targeted when active - he is immune to attacks whilst passive.
[/sblock]

taran

First Post
[sblock=taran]
Any way I can get some of those awesome temp Hps? Or are you out for this encounter?[/sblock]
[sblock=Wik]I gave you some a few turns ago; did you run out already? Anyway, yeah, I'm out of infusions: one for you, one for Eraden.[/sblock]Smiling with grim satisfaction at Abigail's success, Talks-to-the-Moon turns her attention to the spawn harrying her. She steps away and takes a moment to catch her breath.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to M13
Standard: Second Wind, recoving 7 hp and gaining +2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
The spawn continue to press their attack. Confused by her moving about, one misses Abigail. Another pursues Talks-to-the-Moon, also missing. A third moves up and strikes at Virgil, likewise missing.

Then Gluplik strikes. One hideous claw grabs at Eraden. The second one cuts even deeper. Then the monster pulls, wrenching Eraden's body. Only Talks-to-the-Moon's magical infusion keeps him from going unconscious.

More indistinct noise comes from behind the curtain.

[sblock=actions]Lucius Hake--???

Priest--???

Spawn 73--Standard: Claws vs. Abigail: (1d20+8=17) miss.

Spawn 48--Move: to M12, Standard: Claws vs. Talks-to-the-Moon: (1d20+8=9) miss.

Spawn 63--Move: to L16, Standard: Claws vs. Virgil: (1d20+8=12) miss.

Gluplik--Standard: Claws (2) vs. Eraden: #1: (1d20+7=23) damage: (1d6+4=5) #2: (1d20+7=27) crit 10 damage, rend for 5 additional damage--22 total. Eraden uses Infusion to gain 10 HP after first attack hits.[/sblock][sblock=terrain features]Small Rocks: count as difficult terrain

Large Rocks: provide cover to medium creatures and superior cover to small creatures. Can be climbed up on top of, taking an extra square of movement, and requiring a DC 12 athletics check.

Shallow Water: the light blue areas count as difficult terrain

Deep Water: the darker areas can't be moved in normally by creatures without a swim speed. To maneuver, make an athletics check (DC 12) to move half your speed. Deep water is also heavily obscured.

Current: the squares with the arrows indicate a current. At the end of their turn, any character in them will be slid in the direction of the arrows for two squares, or until they enter a square without an arrow.

Stepping Stones: the stepping stones allow normal passage both for people walking above the level of the water, and for those in the water. People in the squares upstream of the stepping stones (P15, Q15) can brace themselves against the current with a minor action, or can allow the current to carry them through.

Curtain: the curtain is of heavy brocade. It can be pulled back one square as a minor action, or as a move action a character can move three squares and pull it back the whole distance.[/sblock][sblock=status]Lucius Hake - ?? - No Hits Taken Last Known Position G17
Priest - ?? - No Hits Taken Last Known Position G17
Guard X - L13 - 0/37 Dead
Gluplik - K10-L11 - Down 5 HP marked (abigail), cursed (alastair)
Spawn 48 - N11 - 1/1
Spawn 63 - O16 - 1/1
Spawn 75 - O13 - 1/1

Abigail - N13 - 11/27 (4/9) AP:0
Alastair - I14 - 24/24 (4/7) AP:1, concealed
Dante - L14 - 8/22 (2/6) AP:0
Virgil - K15 - 20/22 (0/2)
Eraden - K12 - 9/28 (6/11) AP:1
Talks-to-the-Moon - M13 - 12/29 (3/9) AP:0 +2 to defenses until start of turn

Edith Sturgeon - ?? - 1/1 Last Known Position G17
[/sblock][sblock=map]
WeddingCaveRound4.gif
[/sblock][sblock=opponents]
Guards
AC:15 Fort:12 Ref:14 Will:12
:bmelee: Mace +4 vs. AC, 1d8+1

Priest
AC:16 Fort:14 Ref:14 Will:17
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +9 vs. AC, 1d8+1
[sblock=religion DC 15]The priest's vestments are a mockery of those of the priests of Netari. The symbols on his robe indicate his allegiance to dark powers of death and destruction.[/sblock]

Lucius Hake
AC:17 Fort:13 Ref:18 Will:14
:bmelee: Dagger +7 vs. AC, 1d4+3

Gluplik
AC:16 Fort:17 Ref:16 Will:16
:bmelee: Claw +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4
[sblock=nature DC 15]Oddly enough, this is not a creature from outside the bounds of the natural world. The ocean depths contain creatures just as many abominations of the far realm. OOC: Gluplik is a custom monster.[sblock=DC 20]Beware Gluplik's long grasping arms. He can grab you and tear you apart.[/sblock][/sblock]

Spawn
AC:17 Fort:11 Ref:15 Will:12
:bmelee: Claw +8 vs. AC, 7 damage
[sblock=nature DC 15]These unnatural looking creatures are not all that powerful, but are quite dangerous in the water. OOC: Gluplik's spawn are custom monsters.[sblock=DC 20]They lurk in the water, and will attempt to pull people in if they are too close to the edge.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Dante's OA]Dante's OA against Spawn 63: 1d20+7 = 16, miss. Going to do the rest of my turn until I see how Eraden is doing.[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ben, I use one of the buffs Speaker gave me to gain 10 temp HP after the first attack, leaving me at 7HP at end of my turn.
[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=ooc]So noted. Will change[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Thank you sir. I will probably not post actions untill Sat morning due to friday night dnd, I will actually be DMing this for the first time! But when I go I will use my daily on Gully and try to bring his AC down so anyone targeting it may want to wait untill after i post. Also...HELP :eek:
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads