• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I spent some more time looking at it last night. The trollhide armor does increase my AC by 1, since it's scale instead of chain. However, that presents another problem: I don't have scale armor proficiency! I think it was on my wishlist since I was considering picking that proficiency up at some point in the future, but I don't have it yet. Oops.

So, what to do? I guess my preference would be to swap it for somehting else, such as +3 neck slot item, or something Q doesn't have yet, like a head slot. Failing that, I guess I could sit on it until an XP award and retrain a feat for scale proficiency.
GM: How about Golden crown of battle command (level 14)?

Property:When you use a Warlord power to grant an ally within your line of sight an MBA, that ally gets +2 to the attack and damage roll.

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Put Dorn at U14 since Jax is in U15 :)

they say i am batty, but i disagree. Count TenSixEx says, turning into a bat and flying towards the other side of the deck. male genasi warlord are you related to female genasi death domain cleric? because if your not- hey get back here! he shouts trying to slash Andras as Sir ExSixTen rushes in to defend and gets hit instead.

male warforged fighter let me sire you
. you will become hybrid gangrel|fighter and join the masquerade! it gives good benefits like 401K and an extended lifetime plan! the Warforged says.

LESS TALKING, MORE FIGHTING! Hasting yells.

I spit on your questionable heritage Hobgoblin!
Hasting says distracting Quagmire, rushing in and stabing Quagmire with his rapier striking a vital organ, then following up with an attack with his main-gauche. He attacks again, but fails to penetrate Quagmire's armor.

Heheheh...Boom, boom! Dorm Wellington shouts, summoning up a giant fireball and flinging it at the party, lighting Jax, Dorn and Uncle Jax on fire, but failing to effect Andras.

Heal bosssss mannn! The Goblyn says, summoning up magic from the dark powers of Ravenloft to heal Hastings.

Eat tasty kobold! he shouts attacking Uncle Jax with his double axe and biting onto him with his teeth.

Ahh! Get this thing off me! Uncle Jax cries trying to shake Glugyug off.

Ummm...take this! Cousin Dak says, stealthy moving over next to Uncle Jaz and throwing dirt in the party's eyes. Only Jax fails to close his eyes in time.

Oh-oh that did not work out well...

You are going to need more healing than that sweety. Sardna says, healing the rest of Hasting's wounds with her powers.

Your magic is nothing compared to mine! Darkness come to me!
the female fire Genasi shouts at Dorn, summoning a shadowy aura around her and blocking out most of the enemies from view.

[sblock=actions]
Count TenSixEx:
Minor: Form of Bat
Move: Fly to W17 around OA.
Free: Change back

Standard: Dominator's Strike vs Andras
Sir ExSixTen: Guardian's Counter switches places.: vs Sir ExSixTen 29 vs AC 22 damage Count TenSixEx gains 10 THP
Free: Dread Smite: Sir ExSixTen takes an additional 12 cold and necrotic damage and 10 ongoing cold and necrotic damage (save ends).

Sir ExSixTen's MBA hit for 22 damage Count is marked and Sir gets 5 THP.

Hastings:
When hit by Jax:
Infernal Wraith: Jax takes 21 fire damage.

Minor: Cruel Taunt burst 5 south vs Quagmire.
31 vs will hit Quagmire is pulled 1 square north and grants CA to Hastings EONT.

rolls
Standard: Charge Quagmire 34 vs AC 30 damage + 12 sneak attack damage.
Minor: Low slash 31 vs AC 19 damage.

AP Standard:Rapier vs Quagmire miss and Hastings shifts 1 square north.

saved vs ongoing

Dorm the Destroyer:
Standard: Maximized fireball area 1 U14
Note: Dorm ignores all resistance from being a pyromancer.
rolls
Jaz: 31 vs ref hit for 22 fire damage and 10 ongoing fire damage (save ends)
Jax: 31 vs ref hit for 22 fire damage and 10 ongoing fire damage (save ends)
Sir ExSixTen: miss
Dorn: 34 vs ref hit for 22 fire damage and 10 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

Glugyug:
Minor: Inspiring word Hasting heals 82 hp

Move:S15

Standard:Sweeping assault vs Uncle Jaz, makes two attacks.
rolls
34 vs AC hit for 22 damage
Free:Feast, Uncle Jaz is grabbed (save ends)
27 vs AC miss because of Dorn's aura.

Cousin Dak:
Move:T17
Minor: Shifty to S16
Standard: Dirt in your Eyes Burst 3 SW.
rolls
Jaz: 25 vs ref miss
Jax: 35 vs ref hit for 15 damage and is blinded EONT Dak
Andras: 18 miss
Dorn: 19 miss

Sardna:
Minor: Healing Word on Hastings
he heals for 83 hp and is at full health
Move:Q15
Standard: Deep Shroud. Sardna gains an aura 2:
Effect: Aura 2; thick, writhing shadows surround Sardna. She and any other allys within the aura gain concealment. In addition, enemies that enter or start their turns within the aura take 5 necrotic damage, and enemies (including flying ones) also treat the area within the aura as difficult terrain. Sardna can sustain the aura as a minor action. However, the effect ends if she uses shadow jaunt or moves more than half her speed on her turn.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants (Count Count TenSixEx stats updated)]
Hastings Wellington, Male Tiefling, vulnerability 5 cold TENT Jax, slowed TENT Jax, Grants CA and +5 to damage rolls against SONT Quagmire, concealment
HP282/282; Bloodied 141,
AC 29; Fortitude 26; Reflex 30; Will 29

Saving Throws
+2; Action Points 1

Dorm (The Destroyer) Wellington, Male Mul

HP 166; Bloodied 83
AC 29; Fortitude 25; Reflex 27; Will 26

Count TenSixEx, Male Warforged
HP 143/189; Bloodied 95, -1 to AC (save ends), marked by Sir ExSixTen EONT
AC 32; Fortitude 32; Reflex 24; Will 24
Resistant: 10 Necrotic
Variability: 10 Radiant

Sardna, Female Firesoul Genasi, concealment
HP 143; Bloodied 72
AC 31; Fortitude 26; Reflex 27; Will 29
Aura 2: thick, writhing shadows surround Sardna. She and any other allys within the aura gain concealment. In addition, enemies that enter or start their turns within the aura take 5 necrotic damage, and enemies (including flying ones) also treat the area within the aura as difficult terrain. Sardna can sustain the aura as a minor action. However, the effect ends if she uses shadow jaunt or moves more than half her speed on her turn.

Cousin Dak, Male Kobold, concealment
HP 150; Bloodied 75
AC 31; Fortitude 26; Reflex 27; Will 29

Glugyug, Male Goblyn, concealment
HP 171; Bloodied 86
AC 30; Fortitude 29; Reflex 26; Will 28

Sir ExSixTen:5+114/116.
Dorn: 76/93, Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured, melee and ranged attacks from more than one square away take a -5, and adjacent melee and ranged take -2, 10 ongoing fire damage (save ends)
Jax:30/88, 10 ongoing fire damage (save ends), blinded EONT Dak,
Andras:81/81
Quagmire: 21/82, +2 to defenses SONT, grants CA to Hastings EONT
Uncle Jaz: 47/91, 10 ongoing fire damage (save ends), grabbed by Glugyug (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Uncle Jaz (updated with more to hit and extra backstab usage)]
Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief) Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
HP 91; Bloodied 46
AC
27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
Speed
Saving Throws
+2; Action Points 1
Initiative
+17 Perception +19

Traits:
Sneak Attack

Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

Masterful Action

When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

Standard Actions:
(Note: Jaz does not have to reload his crossbow).
RBA: Custom Made Hand Crossbow • At-Will
Attack:
Ranged 5; +22 vs. AC
Hit:
1d8 + 8.

Standard Actions:
MBA: Dagger
Attack:
Melee 1; +18 vs. AC
Hit:
1d4

Move Actions:
Technical Trick • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

Trapmaker's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Coward's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Minor Actions

R Sneak in the Attack • Encounter
Effect:
Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

Shifty • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz shifts 1 square.

Free Actions:

Backstab • Encounter

Effect:
Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.
Special: Jaz can use this twice per encounter.

Triggered Actions:

It's a Trap! • Encounter

Requirements:
An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
Effect (Immediate Reaction):
Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

Skills
Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

Alignment:
unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]
The barrels, cannons, boxes etc. are difficult terrain.

The party is currently on the upper level, they can go down the stairs or just off the bannister to reach the lower level. Climbing up to the upper level without using the stairs requires a DC 18 athletics check.

Characters can be pushed off in the water but get a save. You can use ropes on the ship to climb back up out of the water, this requires no check but takes a full move action.

The round wooden things is the mast, You can pass through but not end your turn in the square.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• mirriormirrior3.jpg
    mirriormirrior3.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Luinnar said:
Glugyug:
Minor: Inspiring word Hasting heals 82 hp

Move:S15

Standard:Sweeping assault vs Uncle Jaz, makes two attacks.
rolls
34 vs AC hit for 22 damage
Reaction:Feast, Uncle Jaz is grabbed (save ends)
27 vs AC miss because of Dorn's aura.
OOC: Glugyug is using a reaction on his own turn? I guess you meant a free action. If Uncle Jaz doesn't actually get grabbed, he'll use It's a Trap!

Jax kind of sucks when he's blind. I probably have him turn invisible in preparation for the next turn, or he'll second wind if nobody heals him. I'll wait to post until I see what the others want to do.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: When Exsixten gets hit by his doppelganger, I'll use Powerful Warning to warn him about the attack he purposely threw himself into. He gains +2 AC which makes the attack miss and hopefully hampers Dread Smite.

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: The crown of battle command sounds perfect, thanks.

Well, this is an interesting pickle. We've got our tank in the back, and our squishies are kind of surrounded. They have two healers, so our usual tactics of bursting down the nastiest looking monster will be harder; unless we can do it in one round (and maybe not even then, if Luinnar decides that the bad guys can be healed back up from unconscious). That chick with the aura is going to suck.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: Well, this is an interesting pickle. We've got our tank in the back, and our squishies are kind of surrounded. They have two healers, so our usual tactics of bursting down the nastiest looking monster will be harder; unless we can do it in one round (and maybe not even then, if Luinnar decides that the bad guys can be healed back up from unconscious). That chick with the aura is going to suck.

OOC: I can use Reorient the Axis to help with maneuvering. Do you have any mass healing left? The only one I had was the thp granter I used last fight.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: When Exsixten gets hit by his doppelganger, I'll use Powerful Warning to warn him about the attack he purposely threw himself into. He gains +2 AC which makes the attack miss and hopefully hampers Dread Smite.
GM: The attack missed, but dread smite still does 12 necrotic and cold damage (but no ongoing).

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer

OOC: Lol at this use of Powerful Warning.

Sir Exsixten: DO NOT WORRY, I SHALL TAKE THE BLOW FROM THIS DOPPELGANGER!

Andras: Watch out, you're about to get attacked by the doppelganger!

Sir EXSIXTEN: OH, I DID NOT REALIZE THAT. DODGE!

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC: I'm thinking this may be the turn for Dorn to go nova with an AP, granting +3 to everyone on their turn, who can use APs and also get that bonus WL healing. Thoughts?

Remove ads