• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Suddenly capable of movement, Andras bursts into action. "Rise, Sir Knight! There are dragons to slay!" he bellows, rousing Exsixten from unconsciousness. The genasi strides across the room, firing a hobbling shot into the dracolich as he moves, until he stands over the fallen hag. Andras headbutts her further into the ground, and Jax slips pasts the dracolich's claws to slide a blade into Radaga.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Inspiring Word on Sir Exsixten, healing surge + 7.
Standard: Staggering Shot the dracolich. Hits AC 37 for 20 damage. No pushing, but he falls prone after his first move, which should stop him from flying away. Well, he can fly, but he'll fall to the ground immediately after.
Move: Move to Q35.
Action Point: On My Mark on Radaga, using my helm rather than my bow. Hits AC 31 for 10 damage. As a free action I'll use Takedown Attack, so Radaga takes 5 more damage and is knocked double-prone. Then Jax shifts 3 to Q34 and makes a MBA against her at +5 to hit. Hits AC 39 for 40 damage, and I guess she's now vulnerable 5 to cold. Also I heal 12, thanks to Quagmire.[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 9
Initiative: +13 | Passive perception: 19 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 25 | For: 23 | Ref: 20 | Will: 17
HP: 59/66 | Bloodied: 33 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Takedown Strike
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:
+2 power bonus to speed
ignore difficult terrain

[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn looked briefly at the last few skeletons, but the advantage that Dorn had provided was just too good to resist. He quickly fired a shot at the massive dracolich- the force empowered arrow struck the beast in the skull and rattled around inside the empty dome.

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: Disruptive shot at dracolich, 1d20+19 vs. AC= 37 (hits for 13 force and dracolich is Dazed, save ends); rolls Roll Lookup

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire drags himself to his feet, wipes blood out of his eyes, and bellows "Ye'll have ta do better than that, Bonesy!" He follows with a resounding thwack to the undead dragon's nose, which, while doing little damage to the sturdy creature, fills nearby comrades with renewed hope.

[sblock=actions]Move: stand Whoops, thought I was prone for some reason. I guess I'll do an inspiring word on Sir Ex: heals 35.
Minor: Stand tough; Me and allies within close burst 5 regain 17 HP. That's Andras, Jax, and Sir Ex if I understand the situation right. I go to 54/71.
Free: Dwarven Chainmail, I regain health as if I had spent a surge, so another 17, which gets me exactly to full.
Standard: Bastion of defense vs. dracolich: 39 vs. AC hits for 15 dmg. Allies within 5 (Jax, Sir Ex, and Andras again, I think) gain 10 temp HP and +1 power bonus to defenses for the rest of the encounter. Since the dracolich is dazed, I don't think it can take its immediate reaction attack. I'm sure Luinnar will correct me if I'm wrong about that. :) The dracolich takes -1 to AC (save ends) from withering longsword, and I have no idea how or if that stacks with the AC penalty Dorn gave it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 10
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:27, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:23 -- Speed:5
HP:71/71, Bloodied:35, Surge Value:17, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
MBA +16 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
Powers
Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition, Tactical Orders,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Vanguard longsword, Dwarven Chainmail, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Conditions:

Notes:
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 12 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
  • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
SIR EXSIXTEN LEAPS TO HIS FEET, HAVING CLEVERLY CONVINCED THE FOES THAT HE HAD FALLEN - NO SUCH LUCK FOR THERE ARE DRAGONS TO SLAY!

Sir Exsixten hacks and hews, making up for in enthusiasm what he lacks in efficiency.

OOC: Summary:
♦Sir Exsixten is in S33, at 10+76/88hp. He has +2 speed and ignores difficult terrain, +1 defenses until the of the encounter, enemies starting their turns adjacent take 1d12+3(+2 THP, +2 bloodied) damage if he can me OAs. He has Combat Challenge and Guardian's Charge readied.
♦Radaga takes 36(15/17 more at start of turn) damage, is marked, and takes -2 to AC(save ends).
♦Dracolich either takes 0 damage(11/13 more at start of turn) OR takes 13 damage(11/13 more at start of turn) and is now at -4 AC(save ends). Marked either way.

[sblock=Actions]Before turn: Heal 29 from Andras and 35 from Quagmire +10 THP to 10+64/88.
Move: Stand.
Minor: -
Standard: Charge to S33, MBA: 1d20+15+3(Andras)+2(CA)=34 AC vs Radaga, hit, 1d12+10+2(bloodied)+2(THP)=21 damage, marked, -1 AC(save ends).
AP: Heal 12hp to 10+76/88, gain +1 to attack. Standard: Sweeping Blow:
♦Attack 1: 1d20+17+3(Andras)+2(CA)+1(AP)=28 vs Draco, hit if Quagmire's debuff stacks, miss otherwise, marked either way.
♦Attack 2: 1d20+17+3(Andras)+2(CA)+1(AP)=26 vs Radaga, hit.
♦Damage: 1d12+10+2(THP)=13 damage(15 to Radaga), marked, -2 AC(save ends) now on Radaga, either the same -2 AC for the Draco or -4 AC(save ends) if he hit.
Start of Enemy Turns: Rain of Steel: Draco takes 1d12+3=11 damage(13 if THP), Radaga takes 1d12+3+2(bloodied)=15(17 if THP)

Immediate Actions
:
Combat Challenge: If marked target shifts or makes attack that doesn't include Sir Exsixten, MBA.
Guardian's Charge: If an enemy targets an ally within 2, Sir Exixten and the ally shift to each other's squares, Sir Exsixten takes the attack, then makes an MBA against the enemy.

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock]Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter 9
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 27(28), Fort: 25(26), Reflex: 20(21), Will: 20(21) -- Speed: 5(7)
HP: 10+76/88, Bloodied: 44, Surge Value: 22, Surges left: 11/14
Initiative +5, Action Points: 0
Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shout, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing x3, Potion of Resistance x1, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture
MBA/RBA: +15(+17 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit by take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls. *+2 damage with THP. *+2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Iron Sky, did you include the 17 hp Quagmire healed us for with Stand Tough? Also I don't see why Dorn's and Quagmire's debuffs wouldn't stack, since they're not from the same source.

Luinnar

First Post
The skeletons continue their assault. One near Dorn charges him and slashes him with its sword. The others fire arrows at Brenn and Quagmire, hitting their marks.

The Dracolich roars with fury and blasts a wave of necrotic energy out, damaging and stunning the nearby heroes. You shall not slay me yet my dearies! Radaga cackles, blasting Jax with a bolt of dark energy.
[sblock=actions]
Skeletons: [URL="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3355057/"]Rolls
[/URL] 2:Fire bow at Quagmire, 35 vs AC hit for 11

4:Move Y20 Charge Dorn 25 vs AC hits for 11

5:Fire arrow at Brenn 31 vs AC hit for 11

Dracolich:
Standard: Frightful Presence burst 5,
rolls
damage
Jax: 32 vs will hit for 17-5=12 necrotic damage Jax is stunned EONT.
Andras: 19 vs will vs will hit for 17 necroticdamage stunned EONT
Quagmire: 35 vs will hit for 17 necrotic damage stunned EONT
Sir ExSixTen:35 vs will hit for 17 necrotic damage stunned EONT
saved vs everything

Radaga:
Move:Stand
Standard:Deadly bolt, 20-5=15 auto damage to Jax
saved vs everything
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants]
Radaga:
HP 60/223; Bloodied 112, slowed EONT, 5 vulnerable to cold EONT, marked
AC 26; Fortitude 20; Reflex 26; Will 30
Immune disease, poison
Saving Throws +2; Action Points 1

Dracolich:
HP 173/330; Bloodied 165 marked slowed EONT, falls prone after his first move, marked
AC 31; Fortitude 32; Reflex 28; Will 28
Immune disease, fear, poison;
Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerability radiant 10
Saving Throws +2

[sblock=When hit by a melee attack]
M Crazed Lashing • At-Will
Attack (Immediate Reaction):
Reach 2 (targets the triggering enemy); +19 vs. AC
Hit:
2d4 + 6 damage, and the target is pushed 1 square.
[/sblock]

Skeleton:
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion
AC 27; Fortitude 26; Reflex 25; Will 25
Immune disease, poison

Jax:57/79 +2 power bonus to speed and ignore difficult terrain, +1 power bonus to defenses for the rest of the encounter, +3 to hit EONT, stunned EONT

Dorn:82/83 +2 power bonus to speed and ignore difficult terrain, Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured (penalty to hit on melee/ranged attacks -2 if adjacent, -5 if not adjacent, +1 power bonus to defenses for the rest of the encounter, +3 against Dorn EONT

Brenn:53/65 +2 power bonus to speed and ignore difficult terrain, +1 power bonus to defenses for the rest of the encounter, +3 to hit EONT

Sir ExSixTen:81/88 +2 power bonus to speed and ignore difficult, as long as Sir Exsixten can make OAs, enemies starting their turn adjacent take, 1d12+3 damage(+2 extra if has THP, +2 extra if target bloodied), Prone, dying, +1 power bonus to defenses for the rest of the encounter, , +3 to hit EONT, stunned EONT

Andras:61/66+2 power bonus to speed and ignore difficult terrain, +1 power bonus to defenses for the rest of the encounter, +3 to hit EONT, stunned EONT

Quagmire:53/71 +2 power bonus to speed and ignore difficult terrain, +1 power bonus to defenses for the rest of the encounter,+3 to hit EONT, stunned EONT[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
Furniture is difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• beyondthepointofnoreturn4.jpg
    beyondthepointofnoreturn4.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 120

Dekana

Explorer
Jax cowers with dragon-fear, unable to attack, move, or even think.

OOC: Stun me, will you Luinnar? Let's see how you like dominate!

Aaaanyway, I have nothing that lets me break out of stuns. I'll go ahead and drool for this round.

Luinnar

First Post
Jax cowers with dragon-fear, unable to attack, move, or even think.

OOC: Stun me, will you Luinnar? Let's see how you like dominate!

Aaaanyway, I have nothing that lets me break out of stuns. I'll go ahead and drool for this round.
OOC: I knew that was revenge for when I dominated Sir ExSixTen and attacked Jax! ;)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn attempted to put down another one of the skeletons, but only succeeded in shooting an arrow into the floor. With a muttered curse he fired again- this time the force-empowered arrow struck the skeleton cleanly and the creature all-but-exploded into bony shards.

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: Clever shot RBA at skeleton 5, 1d20+18= 24 (miss); roll Roll Lookup

As much as I am reluctant to spend Elven Accuracy on a minion, I am going to use it, since otherwise I'll have wasted the round, and with only two of us able to act, I want to accomplish SOMETHING

>Free: Elven accuracy, reroll Clever shot RBA at skeleton5, 1d20+18=38 (now I wasted Elven Accuracy and a crit on a minion); roll Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn steps away from the skeleton once more (Shift one square East, sustain shroud) and raises a shadowy hand. He opens his palm, pointing it at Radaga, and a demonic wisp of pure evil emerges. The demon opens its mouth and vomits forth three bolts of dark lightning, destroying Radaga once and for all before disappearing again into the underworld

(Demon Soul bolts: attack one hits radaga for 23 lightning damage and 4 furious assualt damage - 27 total. Attack 2 hits again for 19 lightning damage. Attack 3 hits for 22 lightning damage. Total damage from all attacks = 68.)

OOC: I believe Dorn is at 72 hp, not 82, since last hit was for 11

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Immediate Reactions:
If hit for 20+ damage OR hit when bloodied, use Narrow Escape to take 1/2 damage and teleport away

Current Effects:
+1 AC from even roll TENT
Deep Shroud (sustain minor)
resist 10 thunder, ignore 10 thunder resistance
+2 power bonus to speed, ignore difficult terrain till end of encounter

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 21, Reflex 21, Will 24 (base defenses)
HP 72/83 Bloodied 41 Surge Value 20, Surges 7/7
Speed 7, Initiative +13
Action Points: 0

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: thunder
Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
USED Demon-Soul Bolts
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Spark Form