• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A Tidy Profit... [Judge: Uriel]

Scorpio

First Post
D'Artagnon catches his breath a second, then pulls his dagger and cuts the ropes tying Jo's hands, while constantly glancing around the dock.
"How do you feel? Do you know where you are? Do you know your name?"
Waiting a response, he turns to Zhang.
"How is he? What in Hade's name happened here?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Scorpio said:
D'Artagnon catches his breath a second, then pulls his dagger and cuts the ropes tying Jo's hands, while constantly glancing around the dock.
"How do you feel? Do you know where you are? Do you know your name?"
Waiting a response, he turns to Zhang.
"How is he? What in Hade's name happened here?"

"I -- I -- I don't know what happened", Jo stammers. "That human -- who was he? -- he stopped us. When we said we didn't want his job -- I don't know what hit me." He keeps pausing for a breath. "Next I knew, I was in the water. I was all tied up."

Jo looks over toward Atella. "But I'll be alright. How is he?"

Scorpio

First Post
[OOC-Assuming it is still windy, and what is the air temp like?

D'Artagnon is continually watching the docks.
"Tell you what, Zhang, let's get these two down to that boat, out of the elements, and out of public view. There might be blankets or something on the boat as well. We don't need anymore visitors"

With that he sheaths his dagger, and attempts to help Jo to his feet.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
With sunset, the air is cooling off, and only a light breeze blows through. Still, its enough to send the two swimmers into shivers.

There are no blankets or anything simialr on deck, and the locks to the two doors and two hatches are still firmly locked.

silentspace

First Post
Atella looks over at the others miserably. "What's going on here? All I remember was this Captain Word fellow. He said he was looking for papers and a package from Mr. McGlynn. He offered us money for it, but then he tried to kill us. He's got rogues working for him, I think." Atella rubs the back of his head.

"He said others are looking for the papers too. Its strange though, if he was gonna drown us anyway, why knock us out? Why not just kill us? He also said there are others looking for the papers."

"Either way, seems like we're trapped here on the dock. Word's probably still waiting at the end of the dock with his thugs. Probably saw you fish us out too. Thanks for that, by the way."

"What are we doing here? I'd just as soon let whoever's after whatever it is fight it out amongst themselves."

"But... as long as we're trapped here, shall we find out what all of this is about?" Atella pulls his lockpicks from his pocket and eyes the locked door. "Word said McGlynn was dead, so maybe we won't have any visitors on the boat."

"Jo? Zhangsun? D'Artagnan? Gurian? What say you?"

orsal

LEW Judge
silentspace said:
"Jo? Zhangsun? D'Artagnan? Gurian? What say you?"

"I still do not understand just what that odious man wanted from us", Jo replies. "He said we were in danger; I realize now he meant danger from his own associates. Perhaps he did not believe us when we said we were just couriers, that we knew nothing of this whole business. Perhaps he did realize that, but had more sinister concerns with us. Perhaps he was really concerned with you" (turning toward D'Artagnon) "and believed we were associated with you. Which of course we were not. But I believe we are now. Out of necessity."

Jo pauses to reflect, and then remarks, "I spend most of my time in the forests. I hope to learn much from the wild creatures, whom I have long considered much wiser than elves and humans. I am starting to understand why. The animals of the woodland, on encountering a stranger, know immediately whether it is a friend or foe. We humanoids" (he shoots a subtle smile at D'Artagnon) "never seem to get it right."

(OOC: What equipment do we have? I'm assuming most of what we were carrying is now at the bottom of the harbour.)

Scorpio

First Post
"Well," says D'Artagnon, again glancing up and down the dock..."I don't know what is up, but it seems we are all in it up to our..." He looks at the drenched pair.
"...Ears, at least. Any of you know how to sail this thing? I'm with you, Atella. Think you can get in that hatch?"

The Goblin King

First Post
Zhang, looking like a drowned rat, rings out his hair. "Yes, lets have a look then at the boat. And Atella, I believe he WAS trying to kill you in a way that no one would find the body for a few days." He collects his weapons and backpack.

Scorpio

First Post
D'Artagnon is examining the locks on the hatch, and nods to Zhang's comment.
"Undoubtedly, it seems you were supposed to expire. On the other hand, if they knew there were others 'with' you on the dock...hard to imagine they didn't....it's not that big of a dock..."
He stands away and looks up and down the dock again.

"Nah, something is not right here. Can any of you sail this thing? I might in a pinch, we ferried on these in the military...but we need to go."

Last edited:

Remove ads