[Adventure] Auction House (DM: Son of Meepo; Judge: TBD)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Earth stands still in front of the senator. His mind sends information to his comrades. "The senator's bodyguard seems to be recently acquired. Lend by a fellow of hers it seems. I recommend caution regarding this particular human, it seems the senator's former bodyguard became mysteriously ill a few days before they were schedule to come here. I find the circumstances odd." After the message is sent, he reasumes his conversation. "Such a noble act. But from whom would you need protection? I can't sense any evil or aberrant nature on you."

The Senator chuckles a bit at the last part.

"The stoic facade of the Imperium conceals a more treacherous nature. My appointment to the Senate was... unpopular. I go everywhere with a bodyguard. I almost cancelled my trip, but then my dear friend insisted I take hers. Barthomus seems quite capable thus far."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Does he? Perhaps we could test his mettle. You don't want to find that your bodyguard is unprepared at the last moment, do you senator?" suggests the stony creature.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Beatrice tries to remove the bracelet, but Lin-Feh resists. Her normally submissive demeanor changes, perturbed by the blatant attempt to steal from her.

Countess Fian-Fen takes notice of the even out of the corner of her eye. Her words lack any kindness or sympathy.

"Are you trying to rob my servant? Well, it won't do you any good. That bracelet isn't coming off is it you sniveling little whelp?"

Lin-Feh gives up struggling for a moment, bowing her head and shaking it.

"And why is that? Because my disobedient servant decided it would be entertaining to try on her mistress' jewelry, didn't she?"

Lin-Feh nods, never taking her eyes off the ground.

"But stupid girl never knew bracelet was cursed!"

Fian-Fen raises her hand to strike her servant. Lin-Feh trembles slightly.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Does he? Perhaps we could test his mettle. You don't want to find that your bodyguard is unprepared at the last moment, do you senator?" suggests the stony creature.

Weary of a threat, Barthomus steps between Earth and the Senator

"Beware Senator, he may well be trying to provoke us into a confrontation. in order to use the law on his side to assassinate you."

Voda Vosa

First Post
If Earth would have eyebrows he would have lifted them. As he speaks, he seems darker, as if a mountain was suddenly surrounded by a lightning storm "Using the law to assassinate? I care not for the pitiful laws of men, I go where the balance needs me to be. I you were to be disposed from your mortal coil my me; know that no law, no bodyguard, no city would hold you away from my grasp. I do not speak double meanings, I say what must be said, I do what must be done. I wished merely to test your abilities in combat; but alas, if you are going to take it seriously, then my invitation is forfeit."

Luinnar

First Post
Beatrice tries to remove the bracelet, but Lin-Feh resists. Her normally submissive demeanor changes, perturbed by the blatant attempt to steal from her.

Countess Fian-Fen takes notice of the even out of the corner of her eye. Her words lack any kindness or sympathy.

"Are you trying to rob my servant? Well, it won't do you any good. That bracelet isn't coming off is it you sniveling little whelp?"

Lin-Feh gives up struggling for a moment, bowing her head and shaking it.

"And why is that? Because my disobedient servant decided it would be entertaining to try on her mistress' jewelry, didn't she?"

Lin-Feh nods, never taking her eyes off the ground.

"But stupid girl never knew bracelet was cursed!"

Fian-Fen raises her hand to strike her servant. Lin-Feh trembles slightly.
How dare you accuse me of being a thief! Beatrice shouts, planting her hands of her hips. I've never been so insulted in my life!

Here I am, just admiring this girl's bracelet and you think I am stealing it? An elderly women? What am I going to do, knock her out in a room full of people and hobble away with it?

Are all children as stupid as you were you come from? Back in my day, we learned to respect our elders!

And you leave that girl alone! I have half a mind to tell my son about you!

OOC: Intimidate=21

As mentioned eariler, Beatrice's son Lord Wellington is a lord of some infamy.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Today is my last day at job, so I'll be giving away my actual computer. I'll be without computer for the week-end and Tuesday, I'll know more what I'll have for my new job. I'll give news next week.

During that time, if you need to NPC Jarel-karn, I allow any player to NPC him if I take time to act. Feel free to use any Encounter, At-Will power and an action point. You can also use a daily or two if you feel it is needed. Before using an action point, use Promise Storm to maximize his effect.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the lack of updates. Both my parents are currently in the hospital, so please bear with me. If people prefer the current slower paced roleplaying or would rather get moving to more of the action, please let me know. I can adjust once we get moving again.

Remove ads